Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: JDM FC3S TRACK CAR BUILD

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    Yeah, I drive the Supra man
    Thats alot of car for time attack - caught my eye because its so big for sprints. I like it.
    PM me if you have any Work Rezax Roar wheels - always after spares

Quote Originally Posted by big fat paulie View Post
    How have i missed this thread. Love your work and that cage looks nuts.

Look forward to seeing it done.
    x2 looks good!!!
    Daily
    TT Supra
    2nd Car
    BMW

Awesome thread! The attention to detail and the thought and planning are great to see, that roll cage is a work of art!

Looking forward to seeing how it performs on the track!

Ok so been doing a few things here and there and the front bumper has been the main focus the last 3 weeks. I try to keep my mods to the car in the spirit of increasing performance while trying to stay period correct to preserve the look so I decided to address the front end.

Originally the car is an S4 and I did not want to clutter it with a fibreglass drift kit but the front needed a lip/lower tray to smooth airflow underneath to the oil cooler and get a little extra aero at the front while sticking to the 2B Marque sports car rules. And the stock front bar had been repaired poorly in the past so it was a great excuse to address this.

Here was how the concept started.

Factory 80's Erebuni front lower half bumper. Not alot of choices for the S4 aftermarket as the S5 is the main version companies cater to. But I found the company with the mold for this whole kit locally and went to meet with Paul to see what we could do.

My primitive MS paint skills finally came up with this.

And with some extra work from Paul Trani at Ezi Glass in Coburg Vic I had the parts needed to create what you see below.Slightly lower than the factory sills but still passes minimum legal height

Fit was superb - NO rework required for fitting to bumper below trim. Good thickness and finish on gelcoat. Looks near factory.

Here you can see the 2B Marque Sports compliant front undertray. It cant go any further back than level with the front of the front tyres. Interesting fact - standard undertrays further back than this can remain in place and Mazda did one for a time that goes under the motor in front and behind the stock cross member. I will be seeing if I can still source this as I do have the part numbers and catalogue pics to prove it. This gives me areo all the way to the fire wall legally.

And view from in the bay from the top.

The whole bumper/undertray comes off in one piece. I am going to put undertray to the chassis rail next week where the front tow hooks are now, and then the rest bolt up as per standard front end. I used sikaflex to attach the front lower half bumper and the undertray. VERY strong and neat. I don't have a full undertray as per rules so no access had to be allowed for so permanently fixing it to the front bar was the best option. A full undertray/splitter on a low car would need to be removable for work/loading though.

Thats it for now. Garage needs a tidy and then its on to fitting it up properly and putting a few other parts in before the cooling system and intercooler go on.

I am off to pick up an alloy turbo hood Sunday (always looking to go lighter) and look in on the Ausrotary Hoedown meet here in VIC too - next year I plan to take the car along but this year I will be checking the other cars out and scouting for ideas.

James.
    Daily
    VY Clubsport
    2nd Car
    180sx
    Name
    Sam

wow, car's looks so clean!

really liking that undertray

Back on the ground - ride height set so I can finally get a look how the bar sits. Pretty happy with it and the car is still 130mm to the lowest point so it's "legal".

Next step is getting the turbo freshened up, and the fuel system in then it's time to wire it up. From there just put the exhaust on, finish some trimming and some guages and harnesses and its pretty much ready to test out.
    Daily
    AIR MAX's
    2nd Car
    CU2 Euro NAVi
    Name
    P-TA

OOooooohhh yeahhhhhh great stuff man, love what you done with the car.
    Daily
    VY Clubsport
    2nd Car
    180sx
    Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by SDWAYZ View Post
    Back on the ground - ride height set so I can finally get a look how the bar sits. Pretty happy with it and the car is still 130mm to the lowest point so it's "legal".
    http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...C3SNOV2012.jpg

Next step is getting the turbo freshened up, and the fuel system in then it's time to wire it up. From there just put the exhaust on, finish some trimming and some guages and harnesses and its pretty much ready to test out.
    Like how you're keeping the top mount setup.

This car is so clean, makes me kinda regret turning my FC into a drift hack!
    Daily
    Civic FN2R
    2nd Car
    EGK24A

Nice build!!
    JDMyard Pty Ltd / Hardrace Australia
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 97572364
    Email : [email protected]
    Daily
    Mitsubishi Triton
    2nd Car
    S14 Zenki
    Name
    Zac

Madd fc i just want to buy one for myself so badly but being on my red p's and wanting a turbo it blows