Thread: Forza Motorsport 4 Reviewed

Daily
    WRX
    Name
    Dan

Forza Motorsport 4 Reviewed

I love Forza Motorsport 4! As an avid fan of the Forza Motorsport Series, I was more than excited to have the opportunity to get my hands on the Forza Motorsport 4 video game before it was released to the general public! I must say, I had high expectations for Forza 4, since Iíve always had Forza 3 as the game I could always turn to when I got sick of playing everything else.

After the longest week of my life (I was checking my mailbox pretty much every hour to see if I received the game yet), I finally received the game.

The first thing I noticed about the FM4 game was the incredible lighting Ė itís a bit difficult to describe how incredibly well Turn 10 nailed the lighting in this game! Whether you were looking at your cars inside the garage or outside, they made it look like what you would see if you were actually in your garage looking at your car. I heard that they revamped the tire physics and handling of the cars, and noticed that in the new ďsimulationĒ mode, the car steers and reacts more like a real car. This is one of the reasons why Iíve been a fan of Forza, It doesnít feel like a fictional arcade game Ė itís closer to a driving simulator.

Letís take a minute to compare Forza 4 to other games like Need For Speed and Gran Turisimo. Both are great games, but I feel like the Need for Speed series is more of a ďfantasy arcade-styleĒ game, which doesnít appeal to me as much as Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport 4. Gran Turismo, on the other hand, felt a bit incomplete because the ability to personalize your own cars in Gran Turismo is very, very basic. It didnít even come close to Forza Motorsport 4 in this regard. Aside from engine, tire and suspension modifications, you never could really make the car ďyours.Ē

With Forza 4, Turn 10 Studios also released more tracks for game players, such as Infineon Raceway, Bernese Alps, Hockenheimring, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and the famous TopGear Test Track. I also noticed that they cut the New York Circuit from the previous Forza games.

Another thing that Forza 4 improves on drastically is the Online Multiplayer modes. I got the chance to play FM4 with a couple friends and noticed that the load times were much, much faster. They added a feature that allows you to join clubs or make your own clubs with your friends. This is cool, because by doing that, you can dominate the leader boards and share cars with other people in your club! I dig it

The Autovista Mode is another new feature in Forza 4. This mode lets you see some specially picked cars inside and out; it tells you all the specs and lets you feel like youíre actually playing around with the car. You can open all the doors, hood, and even trunk to see every little detail of the car. I find this pretty cool, because its not everyday that you can just pop the hood on an AMG Mercedes Benz, Lexus LF-A or Ferrari 458 Italia.

Truth be told, the thing I do most in Forza is drifting. I LOVE DRIFTING in Forza! I donít even know how many hours Iíve spent drifting in Forza. Over the span of my Ďcareerí in Forza 2 and Forza 3, Iíve been fine tuning these cars to get as much angle as possible while still keeping them fast. Iíve played with tons of friends in Multiplayer Mode, so we could get some crazy tandem drift sessions going on as well
    I know Iíve just barely cracked open all the features and possibilities of Forza Motorsport 4, but if youíre a true car fan, you NEED this game! I can NOT wait to play this game some more Ė I plan on beating the Career Mode and finishing all the events. I also cannot wait for all the new DLC packs they will have for this! Iím sure many other die hard car guys and enthusiastic video game players will feel the same about Forza as well.

Review by MotorMavens

For more Information on Forza Motorsport 4 Click Here

For a complete list of available cars and manufacturers Click Here

Daily
    Suzuki Wagon R+
    2nd Car
    Visp SS' Bicycle
    Name
    Archibold The 3rd

picked this up today along with a Microsoft wheel, can't praise it enough