Thread: Members Rides & Car Diaries Guideline: Please Read

Daily
    MKV R32 Golf
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R

Members Rides & Car Diaries Guideline: Please Read

The idea behind this section is to simply use your thread as a process diary for your car.

There are many benefits of keeping a diary for your car, especially since this forum is time stamped. For example. You could make an entry once you have bought some new semis and note your km's on your odometer in that post/entry. You could continue to make entries about track days and in the end of the day you could accurately figure out how many km's you got out of your tyres, as well as how many track days. The same goes for servicing. It could help to remind you when you last serviced your car, what was serviced on it and could even help to sell your car in future as people reading would know your car is well looked after (ie: service history).

Keeping a car diary not only helps you to keep a better record of your car and modifications done to it, the JDMST community can also help you to potentially diagnose problems and/or offer suggestions and opinions. Your diary could also inspire other members to either support or avoid certain modifications or better yet, start their own car diary.

Some simple tips:

1. Always try to post a picture with every update.
    2. Instead of replying to every comment, try to wait a few days and thank people/answer questions in one multi-quoted reply, this will keep the page count down.
    3. Make it personal. Let people know what you're thinking/feeling along the journey of your build.
    Last edited by Justin Fox; 24-11-10 at 09:45 AM.
    Daily
    Deep Dish Del Sol

this section Members Rides and Car Diaries use to be private.
    And now its made public for info to be sprawled out without the need of a logon.

Can this be reconsidered . ?
    Special K :twisted:
    Snoop G
    Daily
    2004 MkIV R32 Golf
    2nd Car
    2005 VW Polo GTi 9N3
    Name
    Justin

I would prefer it to be private too. membership is not high security or anything. But would stop the would-be's or bad intent google searches?
    Daily
    C250 CDI
    2nd Car
    FD1
    Name
    Jeff

Agreed. I was recently stalked through my JDMST car diary even though it wasn't even very active. Whilst making it private probably wouldn't stop anything, at least it adds a bit of a layer of protection even if it's a thin one.
    Daily
    toyota Newvios NCP43R
    2nd Car
    isuzu Dmax
    Name
    Saksit

How to deleted my repeat post? Help me please sir?
    Daily
    Mirage
    2nd Car
    S14 + GTS25T
    Name
    Jamie

Hey guys, my build thread seems to have disappeared. Granted, I had not posted in it for a while, but there are plenty older threads that seem to still be up!?

Any idea what's happened to it?
    Daily
    Colt RALLIART
    2nd Car
    R32 V-Spec I
    Name
    Papadopulis

Re: Members Rides & Car Diaries Guideline: Please Read

Quote Originally Posted by jamie.f View Post
    Hey guys, my build thread seems to have disappeared. Granted, I had not posted in it for a while, but there are plenty older threads that seem to still be up!?

I have the same problem.
    "Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too." - 土屋 圭市
    Daily
    Mirage
    2nd Car
    S14 + GTS25T
    Name
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jamie.f View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MXEMUP View Post
    I have the same problem.
    Nevermind, I worked it out. Threads are still up, just the search function isn't working correctly on older threads hence the started threads & user posts index in the user profiles doesn't show anything older than the last day or two.

Try searching in google for your thread MXEMUP, it should still show up there with the right keywords.
    Daily
    alto
    2nd Car
    audi
    Name
    zill

Such a nice post by Justin Fox, active and informative diary for our cars..
    Daily
    swift

Remodeling

This is a great article.. The current model of the drug approval process has been roughly the same since the early 20th century.Drug department is developed in HIV treatment..I am really impressed waist of money drug. I think that improvements in medicine and medical technologies.Thanks for your interesting information on this site.
    For more interesting information please visit on this site:
    http://handyhomepros.com