Page 1 of 23 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: JDMST NSW Meets, idea's?

JDMST NSW Meets, idea's?

we seem to be having issues finding ideal venue's, unfortunately if we're not being hassled by security, we're probably in a venue that cannot fit all 100+ cars!

maybe it's worth doing monthly meets a little further out, maybe up to 50km in any direction from the CBD?

I'd definitly be up for say, rotating meets,
    Jan do Sutherland (maybe find a large area in the National park? )
    Feb do Orchard hills/Penrith
    Mar do Berowra/Gosford
    Repeat?

don't know..but it'd really be nice to get sometime to have a chat the guys who've been building cool/crazy cars, the last couple of meets I've pretty much waited near my car to make sure it's not going to get defected or as soon as I've walked away we've been ushered along?

the boat ramp was an excellent location imo, but if we are to revisit the same location, which we hopefully will, we need some parking ushers ( ill help out) to make sure all the cars are maximizing space and within the lines. the police attitude to the meet was very laid back and they seemed happy we were'nt cutting happy laps or street racing.
    jap plates for sale, pm if interested.
    Daily
    96 AE111 Levin

heard from justin that we're no longer welcome at last nights location
    Daily
    Under construction
    Name
    THE DR

Although the concept of the “Cars & Coffee” event is no longer unique, it is somewhat new to Australia and certainly to Sydney. The aim is to provide a convenient meeting place that brings both automotive enthusiasts and their cars together over a cup of coffee. Good relaxed way to have fun and still do whatever else you need to in the day.
    Start time: say 8am – 11am.
    Location (just a suggestion, if anyone else has any ideas feel free to post up):
    -21 Fountain Street complex, Alexandria NSW 2015 – there is a café inside the complex (Don Campos) and you can grab a takeaway and come out to the carpark and mingle. (it’s where the BMW LowDown meet happened with much success)
    http://www.the-lowdown.com/bmw-coffee-meet/
    -Krispy Kreme in Liverpool is another alternative
    Date: Depending on the interest it generates it could be held on the last Saturday of the month or even every Saturday.
    RULES:
    The location is a public park, and there may be children and women around. So it's particularly important that you follow the CONDITIONS OF ATTENDANCE
    YOU are responsible for the people you bring to the meet, and hang with. If they act like idiots, they will be reported.
    THROW RUBBISH IN THE BIN. There's bins - use them. We will have garbage bags if the bins get too full.
    Dont do skids, laps, rev engine, no antisocial behaviour. There is a time and a place for these things, and not at this meet.
    To keep it legit and stop from people getting hassled, Police could be invited/notified and if there isn’t any dramas then as I said it could become a regular hassle free event.
    Daily
    JDM S15 Spec R
    2nd Car
    BCNR33 GTR V-Spec
    Name
    Matt

^^^ I love the sound of this, C&C meets are huge in the states, with the added benefit I can see being it's outside the normal hours for unwanted hektikz to join in.
    Daily
    EG B18C7
    Name
    JOEY !

Krispy Kreme Liverpool is a pretty good place to have a meet , heaps of fast-food joints to get something to eat and theres also those 2 dollar , do it yourself car washes up the road from KK's .

BUT last Saturday of the month is already taken by Hot rod nights . A few jdm inspired cars do come along from the area but its generally already packed ! So if we had the numbers from last
    night going to KK's during the last Saturday of the month , itll be chaos . guaranteed . Since hot rods do organise their meets there sometimes , im assuming that the police are already notified about anti-social behaviour .

Overall a great place though with a fair amount of parking .

thought id put some input my 2c .
    Daily
    Under construction
    Name
    THE DR

What about IKEA car park in TEMPE? it's car park is big enough to accomodate everyone plus cheap drinks and breakfast!!!!!! HOT DOG + DRINK = $2
    Daily
    96 AE111 Levin

coffee & cars sound alot like makan meets which we used to have every month before benson left
    Daily
    Supercharged MX5
    2nd Car
    R33 S2

Cars and coffee in the USA:
    http://the-perfect-exposure.blogspot...1809-feat.html

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010...nd-coffee.aspx

I don't think we have that type of machinery, but I think it'd be awesome to do the same with our cars and people. Personally, I'd love an early morning thing.
    Daily
    s15
    Name
    sutut

I stumbled across the top level parking at glenfield station near liverpool towards campbelltown. Dead quiet and empty with a suprising amount of lighting. No cops or secis but only issue i can think of is that it can only fit about 120 cars max.
    Bunnings hoxton park rd is also a good spot. Maccas right there and good lighting with a parking to fit 1000+ cars. The gates shut at 12 30 after midnight so not to shabby.
    Meho.
Page 1 of 23 1234567811 ... LastLast