Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: JDMST NSW Meets, idea's?

Daily
    Train
    2nd Car
    Golf ball
    Name
    Luke

Glenfield station carpark would be alright, except that we would be spread over two levels if we keep getting these awesome turnouts. There's a similar but larger one in Revesby.

However, I feel that there wouldn't be enough people willing to travel anywhere even remotely south west for a meet. There appears to be a reasonably strong western Sydney membership on here, but having regular meets out here wouldn't be entirely fair on those who live in the north east, for example. And before people start whinging, I live in south western Sydney. I'm in no way trying to rule it out, rather looking at the practicalities of it all before getting too excited.
    Daily
    kouki S14 ;)

Lol have fun getting a lowered car u glenfeild station multi story....

+ its monitered by CCTV so 50+ cars with people hanging out they will call the cops anyway
    Daily
    Mitsubitsi Triton MN 11
    2nd Car
    Toyota Kluger GXL 14
    Name
    Chris

i no longer live in the area, but I dont think they had any problems with this spot

Daily
    MY03 Subaru Forester 2.5x
    Name
    Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Bye Evo View Post
    i no longer live in the area, but I dont think they had any problems with this spot

nope we never have

A Bunning's somewhere would be perfect as you can get permission to hold the event and there is normally lots of parking. There are also Bunning's stores all over Sydney which means you could rotate the venue making it fair to all. I know being from where i am it normally takes me ages to get to the event or costs me heaps to get to the EOMM's so i normally don't bother. If you want coffee you could get a van to attend

Or, you need to approach workshops to open their doors and have them there. It would be great for JDMST and would also benefit the workshop as they get some new customers through the door. Maybe a dyno night could be incorporated as well to add to it. I know Unigroup have a pretty large parking area at their disposal and Yavuz loves dyno nights lol
    Daily
    '75 Crown MS85
    2nd Car
    '79 C210 '63 Belair
    Name
    Jun

i'd say the Parklea Tway location would work anymore. It was overflowing at the September EOM with many cars going home because of the lack of parking spaces. In saying that it's always been a good location for small club meets.

maybe even the Seven Hills station carpark that J_Hui suggested? that looked like it could of work out really well, good night lighting for photographers and it looked like it accomodate for huge numbers
    Daily
    your mum
    2nd Car
    your sister
    Name
    Felipeeee

Near the airport. Big car park easily 200+ cars, no where near houses or anyone to piss off, decent backdrop and lighting at night, off the highway so its easy to get to & out of any view from main roads, unlikely cops will see if there is a big meet up and LOW CAR FRIENDLY!! By far one of my fav places to meet up. Prob one of my best kept secrets!
    Just a suggestion & hope my little contribution will help a future JDMST meet
    Oh, and this pic shows only HALF the car park too...

Daily
    96 AE111 Levin

silverwater boat ramp ?
    car park is average size

I like the idea of of c&c I also have a mate who owns a coffee truck who attends soccer games and so on, so I think if we got more numbers to it he'd live to do coffees...

Also with a workshop opening it's doors would be a great idea...

Glenfield station was a fail for us when we tried to get the civic down the ramps...

Bunnings car park rotation sounds awesome, as long as we get there permission...

Alot of meets I've been to, even though there are plenty of parking spots and everyone is behaved I find that we do cause alot of traffic congestion when the numbers pop up, which pisses the general public off....

So I'd probably ask to have it somewhere abit more secluded, and try base it around a charity event changing once a month to get rid of tight asses, good for the community, builds the forum reputation up, and we might get the popo on our side with traffic and have better access to carparks
    GO HARD OR GO HOME
    Daily
    blue waffle
    2nd Car
    Shoelace Express
    Name
    Matt

I've brought this up before, but I reckon we need to get away from the 'meet' mentality. Night time meets in random car parks are always gonna attract attention.

Have it during the day, charge a gold coin cover fee, and then donate it to a charity. Make sure its advertised as a charity thing. Imagine if the cops came in and broke up something raising money for the children's hospital. Even the general public would get mad hate on the cops for that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast