Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: JDMST NSW Meets, idea's?

Daily
    MKV R32 Golf
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R

Daytime is fine for those who can get out of work, weekend's tend to be difficult for parks (Centennial Park, Homebush etc).

We've never had issues being kicked out of JDMST EOMM's at workshop/shop carparks (JDMyard, Bodyform, Autotechnik, IS Motor Racing). This is the way forward.

Permission has NEVER been granted when asked. Why? Because it's MUCH easier for them to just say "NO". Liability insurance and organising a proper meet is always on the cards, but at around $4k/meet it's not exactly realistic.
    Daily
    on nankangs

Quote Originally Posted by Bye Evo View Post
    i no longer live in the area, but I dont think they had any problems with this spot

this is a decent venue and if we could get one of those coffee trucks it would be a perfect place for coffee & cars?
    Daily
    '75 SuperCub 90, '86 GB500TT
    2nd Car
    '60 Ford XK Falcon
    Name
    Aly

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    this is a decent venue and if we could get one of those coffee trucks it would be a perfect place for coffee & cars?
    Unfortunately, we had an EOMM there recently and it wasn't big enough to hold everyone who turned up... At the same time, that was a JDMST/AllAboutStance meet, but I'd say that with the numbers we're getting even just JDMST would fill the place right up. =/ A shame, since if we had smaller meets it would've been a great location...
    Daily
    Mitsubitsi Triton MN 11
    2nd Car
    Toyota Kluger GXL 14
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by aly in underland View Post
    Unfortunately, we had an EOMM there recently and it wasn't big enough to hold everyone who turned up... At the same time, that was a JDMST/AllAboutStance meet, but I'd say that with the numbers we're getting even just JDMST would fill the place right up. =/ A shame, since if we had smaller meets it would've been a great location...
    there would be atleast 150 car spaces there, this is more than most EOMM numbers
    Daily
    ZRE182
    2nd Car
    MX73
    Name
    Nathan

Yeah the t-way was easily filled up. I saw so many cars drive in, do a lap, then leave cause there was no parking
    Daily
    Suzuki Swift Sport
    Name
    Phil

What about the Parklea Markets parking that's off to the side along Sunnyholt? I think it's fenced though.. so would need permission probably to rent it out or something.. also it backs onto houses so that might be an issue.. but that's my 2 cents.
    Daily
    City Rail
    Name
    Joseph, J, Jo, Bro

Quote Originally Posted by JUNN View Post
    maybe even the Seven Hills station carpark that J_Hui suggested? that looked like it could of work out really well, good night lighting for photographers and it looked like it accomodate for huge numbers
    Seven Hills is a great place, but when we called up the owners of the carpark ( railcorp) they mention if it's more then 10 cars, it's considered a rally and that's why we are not allowed there. ( It's usually empty after 8/ weekend, with +700 parking spots )

The security of the spot is pretty friendly last time I was there. We should give it a go regardless, do a small meet with/ without permission. Just to test the water and see if we will be kicked out, plenty of backup carparks out in Norwest if we have to move.

Quote Originally Posted by mystery View Post
    I like the idea of of c&c I also have a mate who owns a coffee truck who attends soccer games and so on, so I think if we got more numbers to it he'd live to do coffees...
    C&C is another great idea, what's better then having a drink/ chat with other car lovers/ friends, while helping out a business willing to head out and supply us with food/ drinks for the day.

Like Up in Qld meets, they got Nando's on board dont they?

Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    I've brought this up before, but I reckon we need to get away from the 'meet' mentality.

Charge a gold coin cover fee, and then donate it to a charity. Make sure its advertised as a charity thing. Imagine if the cops came in and broke up something raising money for the children's hospital. Even the general public would get mad hate on the cops for that.
    In for charity!

We held an allaboutstance meet right after the Japan Earthquake in March? and I remember suggesting to have a charity fund raiser on the day.

But One issue this raised was who is going to be in charge of the money handling and what happens if some of that money is missing, someone is gonna be responsible and risk being sued??

Gotta have a read up on how Cruise for Charity is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Fox View Post

We've never had issues being kicked out of JDMST EOMM's at workshop/shop carparks (JDMyard, Bodyform, Autotechnik, IS Motor Racing). This is the way forward.
    Weekend/ Evening/ workshop meets are the way to go I think. Been thinking about this for ages, but I just dont know anyone Free advertising for them, location for us, no police hassle and the owners of the workshop/ garage can probably provide some expert advice on car related Q's.

It's win-win

At the end of all this, I still remember Jfox saying, keep the meets small to filter out the hoon and party crashers non jdmst members and keep it enthusiast only....
    Daily
    Ae71
    Name
    Aleks

IS MOTOR RACING MEETS! Fuck I miss them
    Daily
    JDM S15 Spec R
    2nd Car
    BCNR33 GTR V-Spec
    Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by FKD-LAW View Post
    Near the airport. Big car park easily 200+ cars, no where near houses or anyone to piss off, decent backdrop and lighting at night, off the highway so its easy to get to & out of any view from main roads, unlikely cops will see if there is a big meet up and LOW CAR FRIENDLY!! By far one of my fav places to meet up. Prob one of my best kept secrets!
    Just a suggestion & hope my little contribution will help a future JDMST meet
    Oh, and this pic shows only HALF the car park too...

That's actually a good idea, I go there with some mates and race our RC trucks, don't see much security hassles either. The only thing is they do shut off some of the lights so it can a bit dark. Still an excellent location for a meet.

the Car's and Coffee is an Awesome idea, need to be GOOD coffee though please.

when I was suggesting meets further out, I was not suggesting that everyone makes these meets, just the people fairly close, and if people from further away want to make the effort so be it. being further out in theory there should be less people hawking the venue and calling police.

the idea of having a meet at a car place sounds all well and good but I've not seen a car workshop that's run anywhere near anything that can hold even half the cars that turn up to your average JDMST meet.

I loved the last minute's location notice..very cool bit of intrigue.
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast