Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: JDMST NSW Meets, idea's?

Try SOP. There are numerous car parks there that could hold the cars that turn up but they will need notification that its going to happen
    Daily
    S15 Silvia Spec-R
    Name
    Nate

Sea Cliff Bridge is a nice drive, I finally went along it yesterday.
    Daily
    Yaris
    2nd Car
    Evolution VI
    Name
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
    we seem to be having issues finding ideal venue's, unfortunately if we're not being hassled by security, we're probably in a venue that cannot fit all 100+ cars!

maybe it's worth doing monthly meets a little further out, maybe up to 50km in any direction from the CBD?

I'd definitly be up for say, rotating meets,
    Jan do Sutherland (maybe find a large area in the National park? )
    Feb do Orchard hills/Penrith
    Mar do Berowra/Gosford
    Repeat?

don't know..but it'd really be nice to get sometime to have a chat the guys who've been building cool/crazy cars, the last couple of meets I've pretty much waited near my car to make sure it's not going to get defected or as soon as I've walked away we've been ushered along?
    Weekend/ Evening/ workshop meets are the way to go I think. Been thinking about this for ages, but I just dont know anyone Free advertising for them, location for us, no police hassle and the owners of the workshop/ garage can probably provide some expert advice on car related Q's.

It's win-win

At the end of all this, I still remember Jfox saying, keep the meets small to filter out the hoon and party crashers non jdmst members and keep it enthusiast only....

Hi we have held nights in the past for different car clubs, so they can look at their cars & have a tech night.
    I can speak to my boss about a meet & greet night at Penrith sometime.
    I'm new to this forum so let me know if I need to contact someone direct.
    There is also the car park next to Penrith station on the Coreen Ave side for meets as well.
    Ness2k works there as well & she is on this forum.
    It would have to be planned ahead & defiantly need to be organized properly as there is a large number of members.
    Just a thought
    Last edited by Andrew05; 02-01-12 at 03:42 PM.
    Daily
    '11 D40 Navara K/C
    2nd Car
    '99 S15 Silvia
    Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Fox View Post
    We've never had issues being kicked out of JDMST EOMM's at workshop/shop carparks (JDMyard, Bodyform, Autotechnik, IS Motor Racing). This is the way forward.
    The Autotechnik and Bodyform meets were two of the best I've ever been too.

No hassles, heaps of parking, no cops, no worries.
    Daily
    Under construction
    Name
    THE DR

Ok good to see some interest, just have to find a place that we can have a regular meet without too many headaches.
    I like Justin Fox's idea about a workshop hosting the meet on their premises and perhaps getting a coffee truck to come down? This is the only way I can see this working on a regular basis (un-interrupted by Security/Police/Business managers-owners-disgruntled public). I like J_HUI's idea of the gold coin cover charge. Perhaps it could be donated to a different charity every month. Could be called: CARS & COFFEE FOR CHARITY. As I said earlier, as long as the Police are aware, then all should be ok. At the end of the day,its for a good cause and everyone is happy. Businesses might like to get involved also,could be great publicity for the scene and the owners if it's published in a magazine/paper/news? Plus most importantly it helps people who are in need! It would definately be a refreshing change from the usual drifting hoon footage on ACA or Today Tonight.
    Daily
    on nankangs

Quote Originally Posted by ido09s View Post
    Try SOP. There are numerous car parks there that could hold the cars that turn up but they will need notification that its going to happen
    i do casual work in the carparks there most weekends i can try and find out how to go about organizing
    Daily
    JDM S15 Spec R
    2nd Car
    BCNR33 GTR V-Spec
    Name
    Matt

Regarding the hooning seen on ACA and the like, it's pretty unlikely to get positive coverage of meets for charity, even though it's for charity. I think they'll always associate it with hooning simply because it makes for better ratings and more dramatic viewing :/

I'm all for the gold coin donation idea
    Daily
    N/A HCR32
    Name
    Jake.

Idea for a meet although would suit afternoon than night for safety reasons. How about the this car park in the National Park? I'll go down and have a look at how many parking spots there are but it's a awesome drive to get there + it's out of the way for police if there are calls for 'hooning' or whatever doubt they'd bother.

Daily
    Mk1 MR2
    Name
    Ichi

there have been a few meets held there over the years. it would be good for nostalgia sake
    Daily
    Ralliart Lancer
    2nd Car
    Evo 7
    Name
    John

Unfortunately that car park is not very big, and there is now a massive police presence in the Nasho. If they came along and saw 100+ cars in that carpark on a Fri/Sat night, they would very quickly move people on (most likely to a defect bay set up somewhere near the entrance).
    Having something down south would be great. I'll have a chat with some of my mates on potential spots with enough space and far enough out of the way to keep the police presence to a minimum.