Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: JDMST NSW Meets, idea's?

Daily
    on nankangs

EC would more than likely charge like a wounded bull for the privlage

I've always thought Cars & Coffee would be a brilliant concept to bring to OZ. Now, if we could just find a business/private location that could host it!
    Daily
    Under construction
    Name
    THE DR

Quote Originally Posted by anastasios View Post
    For free marketing, people saying oh toyota are cool lets buy a 86
    Yeah but it won't make good marketing if there are other makes and models, it's not Toyota Coffee & Cars... I think Nathg has hit the nail on the head, I only used the Mazda example to show if pitched to the right business, then it can work.
    Give me a couple of weeks, I will have a sniff around and see if this can work. It would be good if some of the clubs wanted to get involved, Vintage Mazda Club?
    I will contact the following in the hope we can work something out:
    MAZDA HQ (Kingsgrove)
    Starlight Children's Foundation
    Breast Cancer Foundation
    Cancer Council Australia
    Sydney Hospital Foundation
    Red Cross
    Ronald McDonald House Charities (they might even help us organise a regular location..)
    At the end of the day, most people on this forum are doing a hell of a lot better than the people mentioned in these above charities. $1/$2 coin donation/admission every month or every week won't break the bank and it's for a good cause.We could organise a coffee van to come out if it's isolated (i.e not around any shops). At the end of the day you get something out of it and so do others.. Leave it with me and i'll see what I can find out, perhaps the charities might even have some leads on a location they can help us with if it's a regular thing.. :? Only thing is, for this to be effective there NEEDS to be sufficient interest/turn out..
    If this becomes regular,i'd appreciate some help to distribute the work load, so if anyone wants to jump on board and help out just post or pm me
    Last edited by SSR; 07-01-12 at 02:37 AM.
    Daily
    Under construction
    Name
    THE DR

If this does go forward and it becomes regular, a member from the selected charity can come to the cruise to collect admission donations (make it official, plus I don’t want the responsibility of collecting funds.) I’ve written to the charities mentioned and pretty much the email looked like this:
    Last edited by SSR; 07-01-12 at 03:07 AM.
    Daily
    on nankangs

Quote Originally Posted by SSR View Post
    I will contact the following in the hope we can work something out:
    MAZDA HQ (Kingsgrove)
    i doubt Mazda would be up for regular meets but they may come to the party for a 1 off meet.

i can contact Mazda on your behalf (being on the Admin team for ozmazda.com may work in my favour) and pitch the idea of a meet there
    or if you want to look after it send me a PM and i can give you some contact details for Mazda's Social media department
    Daily
    Under construction
    Name
    THE DR

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    i doubt Mazda would be up for regular meets but they may come to the party for a 1 off meet.

i can contact Mazda on your behalf (being on the Admin team for ozmazda.com may work in my favour) and pitch the idea of a meet there
    or if you want to look after it send me a PM and i can give you some contact details for Mazda's Social media department
    If you could that would be great, maybe even show them the YouTube video as inspiration? If Mazda is onboard then it should work out nicely.
    Keep us posted on how things go, you're right though as the mod for OzMazda, you'd have more pull than me!
    Cheers!
    Daily
    on nankangs

i have sent off an email so we will see what feedback i get on Monday
    Daily
    Datsun
    Name
    Harry

Would be cool if we could get it at the Supa Centre in Belrose, its just off Mona Vale road, corner of Forest Way.... only problem is I dont know if they shut the gates and lights after hours...

Here it is on google maps

http://g.co/maps/nj9v4
    Daily
    Under construction
    Name
    THE DR

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    i have sent off an email so we will see what feedback i get on Monday
    Perfect, thanks for that Brendan. I look forward to seeing what results come of our efforts..
    Daily
    Under construction
    Name
    THE DR

Ok guys, some good news
    Quote Originally Posted by Cancer Council NSW View Post
    Hi, many thanks indeed for your enquiry today regarding “Cars and Coffee” – we would very much like to have you on board! Our Community Relations Coordinator, Anastasia, will be in touch with you regarding this. Unfortunately, she is currently on annual leave but she will be back next week……. I hope this will not be too late for you – if it is, let me know!

Kind regards
    Katy

Katy Paltenghi | Events Administrator
    Cancer Council NSW
    Events Administration Centre.
    We will see how we go, they may be able to organise a venue and we can organise for all proceeds to go to the Cancer Council!
    I'll keep you posted.