Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: JDMST NSW Meets, idea's?

Daily
    JDM S15 Spec R
    2nd Car
    BCNR33 GTR V-Spec
    Name
    Matt

Good work Brendan, that sounds promising. Hey you gotta start somewhere!
    Daily
    batmobile
    2nd Car
    EK9 wannabe
    Name
    Peter

good work mate!!! full props to you!
    Daily
    97 jza80
    Name
    zach

X2. Top effort mate
    "when a singer starts off with "she popped that pussy on a monday" you know that he's just on a whole other level"
    Daily
    N/A HCR32
    Name
    Jake.

Nice work man !
    Daily
    Datsun
    Name
    Harry

Quote Originally Posted by hazjaz View Post
    Would be cool if we could get it at the Supa Centre in Belrose, its just off Mona Vale road, corner of Forest Way.... only problem is I dont know if they shut the gates and lights after hours...

Here it is on google maps

http://g.co/maps/nj9v4

Contacted them if anyone is interested in this area.. has a massive carpark on the roof

"Hi Harry

I look after casual leasing at the centre, however, I would need more information about your car meet up - do you represent an organised group? When would you propose holding these meetings? Would the meetings be a regular event or a one off?

Please be aware there would be a charge as we would need a security guard on duty. You would also need to provide public liability insurance.

Regards.

Judi Commander
    Centre Administrator"
    Daily
    Supercharged MX5
    2nd Car
    R33 S2

Quote Originally Posted by hazjaz View Post
    ...You would also need to provide public liability insurance.
    This will be the main problem everywhere we try, and is probably one of the main reasons why centre owners/car park owners get worried and call the police to move us along.

AFAIK, public liability insurance costs a small fortune.
    Daily
    Ae71
    Name
    Aleks

Yep Public liability insurance is big $$$ fox studios is about 4000? I think not sure maybe more!
    Daily
    83 Sigma
    2nd Car
    82 Scorpion
    Name
    Brendon

would it be worth becoming a cams affiliated club (social), therefore covered by their insurance.... less hassle for meets in corporate carparks etc.
    Daily
    Mitsubishi Magna
    2nd Car
    2001 Subaru WRX STi
    Name
    Kevin

Im sure its been brought up in this thread already (cbf reading through the other pages LOL), but Harrys Café De Wheels at Liverpool is a great spot. Yes everyone knows the last Saturday of every month is for the muscle car guys and they always get a massive turnout regardless. If we were to make it the last Friday of the month there instead, it would be 2 nights of awesome business for them. They love having car meets there. All u need to do is speak to someone that works there, give them at least a weeks notice and they organise staff and enough food. They also inform the police about it just to keep an eye on things (provided everyone behaves, we will not get kicked out!!!). Ive been involved in a meet there before, and not 1 problem. Plenty of parking, plenty of light at night for photos and plenty of food options as well.

Other locations I would suggest:

• The new cityrail carparks. They are multi-level (usually 4 levels), well lit up, open 24/7. Security are pretty good with them, if we talk to them when we rock up to one, provided everyone behaves, we should be left alone!!
    • Ikea Tempe. MASSIVE carpark, well lit. Im sure they would be ok with it, might want to check with security or head staff at ikea?
    • The spot where Allaboutstance had a meetup once, its up on old Windsor road. It’s a T-Way station, massive carpark, never had any hassels there!!

Im sure these have been suggested already!!
    Daily
    07 Corolla
    Name
    Sebastian

Kev T-way is too small. lol.

how about the massive emtpy space infront of the dragway at eastern creek? they had the drifting there last year and there seemed to be plenty of space, doesnt seem to be used alot either.
    has camera. Takes photos. Visit my Flickr and like my Facebook page! You know you want to!
    kthxbye.