Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: BC Racing or Yellowspeed?

Daily
    NA6CE MX-5
    Name
    Domenic

BC Racing or Yellowspeed?

Okay, so in a few weeks time i'll be purchasing some Adjustable coilovers for the Sera, now, as i have no intention on tracking the 1.5L slugbox'd PoS, i do, however, want it sitting very low and purdy..

My question is, does anyone know which coilover kit allows for maximum slammage??

Thanks
    Daily
    Hiace
    2nd Car
    Golf R
    Name
    Dean

bc is maximum slamage

if I put mine to the lowest setting my car would literally be sitting on the ground. from what I have heard yellow speed don't go that low
    Daily
    Civic
    2nd Car
    sneezy taxi
    Name
    Pat

After being a distributor for both BC and Yellow Speed Racing, I can say that both go as low as each other.

Both have adjustable spring seats and a lower adjustable clevis mounting bracket allowing for MAXX slammage.

The main diff between the two brands is this few points.

*Yellow Speed actually care and want to help us out if (which is rare) we ahve an issue or warranty on their product.
    *BC whilst being a good brand in it's own right, do have major top mount issues (knocking ect, bearing failure and general design flaws)
    * Yellow Speed have a duel needle roller top mount bearing system in place on 90% of its coilovers to date and are working on the rest of the range, this allows free movement of the mount and bearing and eliminates knocking/clunking from top mounts.

Apart form these main major points, they are basically the same kits in almost every way. The choice I use for my cars is the Yellow Speeds only for the fact that both my old cars ran BC's for about a year and both (MX-5 and my SC400) developed issues with top mounts after 6 months for one and 8 months for the other, neither car slammed, and the Skyline never saw track use.

After many heated discussions with BC regarding warranty and suggestions on ways to better their product for the Australian market, we have decided to no longer sell BC Coilovers and are in the process of removing all their signage and such from of website and have sent all old stock back.

We now for the last year and half, have been concertrating on developing Yellow Speed's range here in Oz and they have been more than willing to head our concerns and have changed designs to our suggestions to make the Yellow Speed kits not only more saleable but also the most reliable kit for sale in the $1000-$2000 range.

We now Keep stock of their kits in store and turn them over quite often. All I can say is that I personally and professionally had not so good experiences dealing with and using the BC's (saying that, others have had good one's)

The Yellow Speed's on the other hand have been working fine now in my car for over 13 month's, Matty that works with us also runs them in his 180sx and has had no issues.

But as always, to each his own.

Cheers Josh
    Daily
    Zenki
    Name
    Philip Screw Driver

Ummm just cut springs, save money? There is no point in buying $1400 coilovers to only slam it and destroy the purpose of coilovers.. Plus coils needs to be engineered, and of course you going to get pulled over for being that low.. Cut your springs and save money to clear defect.
    People need to do more crimes / break and enter / rob banks / rape kids / kidnapping / Murder, until then, car enthusiast and their vehicles are a dangerous threat to the public
    Daily
    EK1
    2nd Car
    XR6T 500hp ATW
    Name
    Pat

Chop springs to save money? OK.....

Chop springs - Car sits low - smashes whats left of the original shocks - smashes strut top mounts - car drives like crap - gets pulled over for being too low - needs to spend money fixing all the other stuff that busted and new springs to raise car for defect clearance.

If you fit coilovers you can raise the height to reduce suspicion, plus you can keep the original struts and mounts to re-fit for defect clearance.

Spend the extra money and do it right the first time, not the cheap way first and then the expensive lesson learning way after...
    Supporting Member
    Daily
    K04 GTI

if sole purpose of the coilovers is to slam the car then why not save a bit and get some high quality springs?
    Daily
    EK1
    2nd Car
    XR6T 500hp ATW
    Name
    Pat

High quality springs like Tein, Eibach etc won't slam it - but that would be a good option if only wanting to lower the car around 1-1.5 inches
    Daily
    MX5 SE
    Name
    David

slam chicks, not cars
    Daily
    AE111
    2nd Car
    m50b25 e30
    Name
    Daniel

Slam car, acquire chicks, slam chicks?
    Daily
    EK1
    2nd Car
    XR6T 500hp ATW
    Name
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by dave2221 View Post
    slam chicks, not cars
    This is the ideal notion, however there is a never ending line of people wanting to "slam their car" and sometimes you just can not educate them...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast