Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BC Racing or Yellowspeed?

Daily
    NA6CE MX-5
    Name
    Domenic

ahhhh, yeah i've got that sort of knocking sound with my stock rear struts at the moment

How come i shouldnt use the top hat nuts that come with the coils?
    Daily
    180sx
    Name
    Tom

they have sort of teeth on them so will eat into your paint
    nothing wrong with them aside from that
    Daily
    NA6CE MX-5
    Name
    Domenic

ahh, well... to get to my strut tops i kinda gotta take apart a tonne of plastic in my "boot" or whatever you can call it.. its like 30,0000 bolts and fiddling to get to, so it doesnt bother me if a bit of paint goes
    Daily
    jdm s15

Yellowspeed
    Daily
    NA6CE MX-5
    Name
    Domenic

So, i ordered a set of Yellowspeed Coilovers from Wholesale suspension, what a great company they are, genuinely insightful and very helpful. However there is a drama regarding a courier service overseas and my kit, and a few others, have been delayed a week. This is by no fault Wholesale suspension at all, but i do urge people that if your ordering kits that have to come in from oversea's, don't expect them to arrive the day you are quoted, avoid setting deadlines on your build that counts on parts arrivals, there is the potential that they wont come in when expected. I've learnt that lesson myself.

I'd like to thank Josh at Wholesale suspension for being a trooper and filling me in with what was going on, and not leaving me in the dark, i trust my kit will come in soon enough.
    Supporting Member

updates?
    Daily
    NA6CE MX-5
    Name
    Domenic

Went with Yellowspeed, they came in eventually, fitted up to the car and they are an amazing modification. I can't get over the improvement

Im getting them reset at an equal and above legal height (for roadworthy) and putting an adjustable panhard rod in for alignment, the only thing that lets the car down handling wise is sh*t tyres, 14" bread cutters with old rubber doesn't give me much confidence , already got a set of wheels and tyres lined up to help grip
    Daily
    CBR1KRR - R27 - IX35

What is the comparison with, have you used quality stuff before, and how does this stuff compare?

Also, think I might buy some, give them a run.
    Daily
    NA6CE MX-5
    Name
    Domenic

It's hard to compare at this stage, i've driven my car once with them in, to the mechanic (as its unregistered at the moment), and the set of tyres i have at the front (because of bald tyres) are a bit too wide and scrub on the unrolled guards, they are definitely bang for your buck, for the price i paid they do everything i want them to.
    Daily
    Integra
    Name
    Mitch

I've had BC adjustable coilovers on my car for over 2 years now, cost me $1000 from JustJap. My car gets raped on the track and on the street and I have had no problem with them. GL with your choice
    Parts For Sale! Skunk2 Pro Cams, audio system
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast