Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: car enthusiast, what is your definition, are you an enthusiast?

Daily
    Zenki
    Name
    Philip Screw Driver

car enthusiast, what is your definition, are you an enthusiast?

car enthusiast, what is your definition, are you an enthusiast?

This term "car enthusiast' is being used and abused like a tool that was never designed to do what people had put it out to do, so i asked myself what is the real meaning of being a "car enthusiast"?

would it be someone who appreciates all type of models and builds of any cars and different trends of car culture.. or would you have to be a qualified driver or engineer to understand every aspect of a car down to its very specific information and detail from chassis to driving ability of the cars design or modifications?

so upon my goohoo.com search for the ultimate definition to define if i am too a car enthusiast like all these years i thought i was, i found the below

"What is the definition of a car enthusiast? So there are all kinds of reasons why people, girls and guys, become car enthusiasts. But the defining element is that cars get them so excited and they just can't spend enough time working on them and loving them."

i think the above hits the nail on the head for almost everyone on this forum.

If you asked yourself what would you rather be doing right now instead of what your actually doing, and if your answer is along the lines of, in my garage finishing off my project car, installing my new modifications i just bought online, helping a friend rub back his car getting it ready for paint, washing my car, i have no money and skills but i will go out of my way to some how personalize anything on my car even if 99.9% of people on car forums wont like how i did it im doing it because i like it, i dont own a car but will read and view pictures of my dream car until i get my L license and can afford my first car, i like driving cars and all cars or just one car, one brand, one model, you would consider yourself a car enthusiast

so to sum it up, a car enthusiast will always have a car/cars on their mind 24/7, while eating, they think about cars, sleeping, dreaming, drifting, racing, at work, in a car they will be wishing they were inside of the insides of a car, after sex they lay there thinking about what next to do to the car to gain that extra 0.5sec off their PB lap time, it has consume one persons mind and evolved into being part of this persons life and personality

Now that then comes to point out the term "pure car enthusiast" where people claim to be MORE of an Enthusiast then another enthusiast, but in actual fact, you are all the same regardless of what word you put in front of being a car enthusiast

once a car enthusiast, always a car enthusiast i like to think, no one is more or less
    People need to do more crimes / break and enter / rob banks / rape kids / kidnapping / Murder, until then, car enthusiast and their vehicles are a dangerous threat to the public
    Daily
    AP1
    2nd Car
    Nike Air Max 90
    Name
    Cal

I constantly think about cars, have done since i was about 3 years old. I don't think someone is a car enthusiast just because they have an expensive cars, theres a lot of doctors and lawyers out there that drive around cars worth as much as my house but don't really enjoy it, just do it for the wank factor, that said there are a lot of them that are car enthusiasts and are extremely lucky to have enough money to go nuts, but, at the same time a 15 year old that buys a 500 dollar paddock basher with his pocket money and thrashes it around the farm like he's a rally hero could just as well be a motoring enthusiast, and then theres the old bloke that has owned his 50-something year old car since it left the factory and has it impeccably maintained etc because he loves it to death.

TLDR: there is no clear cut definition, but anyone that takes joy in driving, owning, thinking about or dreaming of owning a car would be what i consider an enthusiast.
    Daily
    Toyota

an enthusiast is a person who likes a shit car ... aka Honda Civic, slams the ride and puts $5000 wheels (which cost more than the car) and starts a thread it on the internetz.
    Then calls everyone second person a Hater and that Form> Function. He or she will then hate on every single car because 1. it has fake wheels 2. it's not low enough 3. it's not a honda
    Daily
    Suzuki Wagon R+
    2nd Car
    Visp SS' Bicycle
    Name
    Archibold The 3rd

My girlfriend asked why i look at my car in a strange way and smile, i told her its like when you cook a meal and admire your work.
    Daily
    A165H
    2nd Car
    D21 2.7D DX 4x4
    Name
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by chirpee View Post
    I constantly think about cars, have done since i was about 3 years old. I don't think someone is a car enthusiast just because they have an expensive cars, theres a lot of doctors and lawyers out there that drive around cars worth as much as my house but don't really enjoy it, just do it for the wank factor, that said there are a lot of them that are car enthusiasts and are extremely lucky to have enough money to go nuts, but, at the same time a 15 year old that buys a 500 dollar paddock basher with his pocket money and thrashes it around the farm like he's a rally hero could just as well be a motoring enthusiast, and then theres the old bloke that has owned his 50-something year old car since it left the factory and has it impeccably maintained etc because he loves it to death.

TLDR: there is no clear cut definition, but anyone that takes joy in driving, owning, thinking about or dreaming of owning a car would be what i consider an enthusiast.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by philz View Post
    an enthusiast is a person who likes a shit car ... aka Honda Civic, slams the ride and puts $5000 wheels (which cost more than the car) and starts a thread it on the internetz.
    Then calls everyone second person a Hater and that Form> Function. He or she will then hate on every single car because 1. it has fake wheels 2. it's not low enough 3. it's not a honda
    Rail it & nail it.
    Hillbilly Deluxe Mk.II, '81 Mitsubishi Scorpion/'96 Nissan Navara 4x4/'81 Yamaha IT250/'83 Yamaha YZ125

Best rant ever Bluesprinter!!!!! I like to think i qual for the term 'enthusiast'. I left the family biz to become a spray painter a few years back n still cant get enough time to spend on the car/s. All the time you've got, still isnt anywhere near enough! Love the effort you put into this, well done champ
    Nistune, Dual Stage Boost, Apexi Intakes, HKS FMIC, BOV and Exhaust
    700cc Sard injectors, Bosch 023 Fuel pump, Yellow jackets, Nismo
    coppermix clutch & Volk Challenges wrapped in Pirelli rubber
    Daily
    CBR1KRR - R27 - IX35

An enthusiast Is one who is caught doing illegal activities in a car, and is fishing for an easy way out.

That's the only way I see the words used these days, On tv anyway
    Daily
    Sausage legs
    Name
    Tom

LMFAO. Love it.
    Daily
    S15

I think a car enthusiast is a person with an unquenchable desire for knowledge about any aspect of cars.

You don't have to own a car to be an enthusiast. You don't need to track/drift a car or even know how to change your own oil. Whether you're into sex spec, hellaflush, jdm or euro, if you spend a lot of time online/reading magazines for the goal of gaining knowledge, you're an enthusiast.
    Daily
    holden ute with bolt on flares
    Name
    Kelvin Costner

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast