Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: car enthusiast, what is your definition, are you an enthusiast?

Daily
    ALDI trolley

Quote Originally Posted by KEV248 View Post
    I work for Shannons Insurance for 2 years and everytime someone rang up for an insurance quote, we always asked "what makes you a motoring enthusiast?" I personally think it can be defined in many ways. Some people think that just by watching shows like Top Gear, American Chopper and motorsport events makes them an enthusiast...i think to a point they are.
    Pity I didn't get you when I called! Lol. According to the female sales rep I got when I called a while back I wasn't a motoring enthusiast, I'd like to think I am.

I'm constantly looking for things to do to my car to make it that little bit different to all the others. Even at times buying tools that I don't have just to do the job myself where sometimes the tools cost more than if I had just taken it somewhere to get done.

Spending hours/days/weeks making something only to have some someone say "What? How long? You're nuts!" but laughing it off cause of the satisfaction you got from what you've achieved.
    Always up to help mates out with their own cars, usually being the one to say "c'mon, lets do it". Constantly on ebay/online looking for the next mod to spend money on.

Having a daily and not having to be told it's "the car you drive everyday" lol I'm sorry but that ad irritates me cause apparently you've just gotta like cars, not work on it yourself and not be involved in any clubs/scene and be called an enthusiast but I got and I quote "I'm sorry we only really insure motoring enthusiasts" :/
    Daily
    MY07 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by siN15ter View Post
    Pity I didn't get you when I called! Lol. According to the female sales rep I got when I called a while back I wasn't a motoring enthusiast, I'd like to think I am.
    Maybe i should ring up for a quote to see if i am a motoring enthusiast or not! The Shannons test!

for me, its the fact that no matter where i am going or why, i always look forward to jumping in the car and driving..
    Daily
    bus
    2nd Car
    JDM EP3R

so what does shannons count as a car enthusiats
    Daily
    K11
    Name
    Simon

I'd say I'm a car enthusiast due to me trolling these forums at work every spare second I've got haha!
    Daily
    bus
    2nd Car
    JDM EP3R

that makes 2 of us. right now at this very moment
    Daily
    Blueberry MX-5
    2nd Car
    A Wild Pokemon
    Name
    Gilbert

Number one Car Enthusiast right here.

Daily
    Subaru Liberty B4
    2nd Car
    Toyota Cressida
    Name
    Jovan

this is hard to answer because the term covers all sorts off people... there are car guys who own shit cars as stated and slam them and then put $5000 of rims on it, then there are guys who color the rims with strange colors that dont suit the car (that is the same as black rims on any car but thats just me).

then there is the strange sex addiction to cars that is like WTF???? you are sick.....

i personally call my self a car enthusiast as i like clean factory look with clean mods but that also come from working on car all day every day.
    Daily
    ZRE182
    2nd Car
    MX73
    Name
    Nathan

I think it's not just about the car itself, but working on them and driving them is a big part of being an "enthusiast"
    Daily
    Subaru Liberty B4
    2nd Car
    Toyota Cressida
    Name
    Jovan

^^^^
    perhaps

i think the term covers a broad range to wide to be a general term
    Daily
    ZRE182
    2nd Car
    MX73
    Name
    Nathan

Or look at it this way. Young and old people both have an interest in the same thing. Older people are enthusiasts, younger people are hoons lol
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast