Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New QLD P-Plate Laws. 125kw/tonne

Daily
    Prelude
    Name
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by branno View Post
    It does seem a little crazy, maybe they will just be tight arses and anything that isn't a VW will be declined.
    +1
    yeah mate I reckon your right. Still amazes me how a XR6 ute is legal and a new 1.2t polo wasn't. I mean c'mon the Polo is obviously a death trap!
    About time they got it together.
    Daily
    1996 -soontobepink- civic
    2nd Car
    1977 Civic
    Name
    Ben

If i recall, another user was going on about how an s2000 is legal whilst something else which has a lot less power and is more safe, isn't... can't remember what it was, but you get the rough idea
    Daily
    AP1
    2nd Car
    Nike Air Max 90
    Name
    Cal

They will probably take things into account such as the safety rating of the car and the actual performance figures and also whether or not the car is designed for performance etc.

I had an exemption to drive my supercharged V6 VT Calais, sure it was only about 105kw/tonne so would probably have a good shot with this law but I just said on the application that the supercharger provided little more power but focussed on torque to make the car drive smoother rather than faster and it was also to comensate the added luxury features of the Calais over executive models, dont know how much of that bullshit was necessary but it worked.
    Daily
    RNN14 GTiR Pulsar
    Name
    Tony

Victoria used to have this rule... trouble is turbo s13's with an exhaust still complies with the power to weight restriction... now there is a blanket exemption for turbocharged cars (except for diesel and cars like the cappachino)

and we run on a list of banned cars... trouble is the list says cars made by lotus and caterham clubman's are P plate legal

seriously couldn't give a rats ass but not a P plater

PS: just because you have the entitlement to apply for exemptions does not mean you are going to get it... try applying for one at vicroads... they will tell you to catch a train instead
    Daily
    2003 Honda Integra DC5 Type R
    Name
    Stephen

Could just be money making revenue, like catching people speeding these days and you guys should know how much they get from that per year (just putting the fact out). And also, do you need to own the car to get the exemption ? Or do you just go apply for one ?
    Daily
    RNN14 GTiR Pulsar
    Name
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
    Could just be money making revenue, like catching people speeding these days and you guys should know how much they get from that per year (just putting the fact out). And also, do you need to own the car to get the exemption ? Or do you just go apply for one ?
    exemption in vic worked by... if it is the only car you have access to, if you are some distance away from public transport and if you require it for work purposes you are entitled to exemptions... but you can only drive it during your work hours and only to get to and from work... (exemption in vic allow you to drive any car!)

the amount of the applications I reckon vicroads probably passes for these exemptions is probably 0.000000000000000001% IMO... waste of time in all honesty...
    Daily
    Sunny Truck B120
    Name
    Jacob

better off saving yourself the hassle and waiting till you get your opens, thats my plan atleast.
    Daily
    1996 -soontobepink- civic
    2nd Car
    1977 Civic
    Name
    Ben

I wonder how long till tas jumps on the bandwagon... so many angry p platers with their supercharged v8's and twin turbo'd skylines...
    Daily
    NA8 MX5
    Name
    Michael

I know of quite a lot of guys who have already taken advantage of these new laws. If you look at the past few QLD JDMST meets, 1 month ago, there were hardly any P Platers with high power cars, s15's etc etc, And if you look at the march meet, WHOA, I was supprised at the amount of people rocking up in turbo cars.

And also, do you need to own the car to get the exemption ? Or do you just go apply for one ?
    You would probably have to own the car as they would need details such as VIN number, proof of ownership.
    Daily
    Nissan Silvia S13 Q's
    Name
    Lachlan

Quote Originally Posted by branno View Post
    I know of quite a lot of guys who have already taken advantage of these new laws. If you look at the past few QLD JDMST meets, 1 month ago, there were hardly any P Platers with high power cars, s15's etc etc, And if you look at the march meet, WHOA, I was supprised at the amount of people rocking up in turbo cars.
    Ohhh, I don't know about that. I know a few people who were borrowing their older siblings cars, and putting the plates up for attention. I also know a few people whom drive turbos and just don't often display their plates.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast