Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New QLD P-Plate Laws. 125kw/tonne

Daily
    AE86
    Name
    Jacob

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Licensing/...-vehicles.aspx
    1. Moderately-powered turbocharged or supercharged vehicle

You may apply for a certificate of exemption if the vehicle you wish to drive meets all of the following:

has a turbocharged or supercharged engine that is not diesel powered
    has a power-to-weight ratio of not more than 125kW/t
    does not have any other features of a high-powered vehicle as outlined above.

The power-to-weight ratio means the ratio (expressed in kilowatts per tonne) calculated by dividing the car’s maximum engine power in kilowatts by the kerb weight and multiplying the product of the division by 1000. For example, the power to weight ratio of a vehicle that has a maximum engine power of 195kW and a kerb weight of 1667kg would be calculated as follows: (1951667) 1000 = 117kW/tonne

Redbook also have a tool that'll help you determine if the car is banned or not;
    http://tmr.redbook.com.au/
    JDMST: Y U NO ALLOW IMG TAGS
    Daily
    S14 S2
    Name
    Lou

I think this more about the the people that drive their turbo cars like tossers and give everybody else a bad name. The thing is they think that they are fast in their fully sick cars but have zero talent for driving skills.

Maybe some people should really learn how to drive properly before anything, being fast is not the only thing important these days, it's if you can "drive".
    Daily
    NA8 MX5
    Name
    Michael

I don't think that the government should concentrate on the ability of the car, but the ability of the driver. Seeing as most deaths can occur in ANY car. You can still as easily kill yourself in an 85kw FWD corolla as you can in a Silvia turbo. It's about teaching people how to deal with the situations and speed.
    Daily
    S15 Autech
    2nd Car
    KE70
    Name
    Ryan

Sure its fine saying you can have a car that is 125kw per tonne, but how they do measure the exact power of the car to make sure it meets the regulations. i cant see the Queensland government dynoing every car to make sure it passes.

The real answer to this is that we should adopt Finland's leaner driver program then everyone would know how to control a car much better and these laws probably wouldn't need to be put in place.

Quote Originally Posted by AW11 freak View Post
    Sure its fine saying you can have a car that is 125kw per tonne, but how they do measure the exact power of the car to make sure it meets the regulations. i cant see the Queensland government dynoing every car to make sure it passes.
    they just take the manufacturer's weight and power figures... and bust you for any engine mod that requires a mod plate.
    Survived parramatta crew

Whiteballz diddles pigeons
    Daily
    N/A
    Name
    James

Sorry to open an old thread, just wanting to ask a question. Was wondering if you know any P platers driving a sr20det S13. I'm currently on my greens and wanting to buying one. Thanks for your help
    Daily
    NA8 MX5
    Name
    Michael

Yus I do, Its legal under the new exemption. Go for your life!
    Daily
    Honda
    Name
    Bruce snow

Focus on torque to make the car a smoother ride, rather than faster, it also adds a luxurious function comensate Calais execution model... No man can understand the lure that Women Brown Leather Flap Handbags have to a lady. They are just simply adorable that a woman simply can't resist the temptation not to have best cwmalls.com Python Embossed Leather Shoulder Bags which looks so charming.
    Last edited by infoleather; 15-09-12 at 02:15 PM.
    Daily
    Nothing atm

SR20DET's are 125kw/tonne exactly so cops might try to have a go at you but good as!
    Daily
    Mitsubishi Lancer
    Name
    Jack

Sorry about opening an extremely old thread. Just wondering for those with s13 sr20det's in QLD with the luck they had with their exemption requests and if it's worth pursuing?
    thanks in advance!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234