Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Grippy N/A's

Daily
    Eunos Roadster!
    Name
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gil View Post
    Are Jenvey's any good? Their mm's seem to be smaller than others I've seen around.
    From what i have heard they are a quality unit. I know jenvey have been making ITB's for ages now and there new kit for the 5 looks pretty good. I wouldn't too concerned with the throat diameter/butterfly as (from what i have heard) the head will limit the flow before the itb's will. You'll also have "more control" with a smaller diameter runners at low throttle positions.
    Daily
    hiace
    2nd Car
    GVR4

It's hard to beat a dc2r in the NA 4cyl category, but i don't like fwd.
    Daily
    180sx

GTI-6 Is an absolutely brilliant car on less then perfect (even by sydney standards) windy roads.
    Daily
    JDM RS200-Z
    Name
    Wesley

altezza if you can find one but i'm biased haha

Quote Originally Posted by plohl View Post
    From what i have heard they are a quality unit. I know jenvey have been making ITB's for ages now and there new kit for the 5 looks pretty good. I wouldn't too concerned with the throat diameter/butterfly as (from what i have heard) the head will limit the flow before the itb's will. You'll also have "more control" with a smaller diameter runners at low throttle positions.
    +1
    their ITB units for 911's are pretty highly regarded for street/mild race applications
    survived parramatta crew

whiteballz diddles school boys
    Daily
    Eunos Roadster!
    Name
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainColen View Post
    GTI-6 Is an absolutely brilliant car on less then perfect (even by sydney standards) windy roads.
    I have a mate building one of these up for tarmac rally - being french, everything works brilliantly - when it is working. From what he has been saying they're a bit of bitch to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    +1
    their ITB units for 911's are pretty highly regarded for street/mild race applications
    Yeah, i have thought about getting some for the 5 a few times, but as i have posted, much cheaper to just put a turbo on it.
    Daily
    EVO I GSR
    Name
    josh

proton satria?? suzuki cultus AWD?? 1MZFE MR2??
    Daily
    Magna AWD
    2nd Car
    Toyota Sera
    Name
    Graham

How often would this go to the track? Once or twice a year, or every chance you get? Any preference for FF / FR /RR or AWD?

You asked about handling and I've recently heard good things about EG Civics. I'm no Honda fan boy, but have experienced a '89 4WS Prelude and it was a blast.
    The Civic you could learn with and if you crash it, hopefully not much of a loss. If you like it, then you drop in a hot vtec engine when it's time to go faster.
    IMO sounds like some good options on a car like this and the low initial cost hopefully means no burning holes in wallet if the worst was to happen.

But honestly, getting out for track days is all about fun, so it shouldn't matter what car you have.

Have a look at racing classes - I think improved production racing has some interesting stuff - Celica and Integras used to do well. Even Cyborg Mirages are NA and quick.
    I drive a AWD Magna and have been procrastinating about a track day for ages. FWD Magnas are fast in a straight line and can handle or be made to handle well. There's a few in club races in Australia and engine transplant from a Mitsu 380 engine can give solid power gains. The Ralliart Magna was supposed to be ~ 180kW I think. I assume engine swap is p-plate legal? Disclaimer if buying a Magna: it isn't JDM, but their sibling is a Diamante in Japan, so get some badges and fake being JDMST
    Daily
    Clio 172

Another vote for the Clio. I've just bought one as my criteria was something that was a suitable daily driver, quite fast and could hold it's own on the occasional trackday. I'm yet to track it but the way it goes down twisty roads is awesome, lift-off oversteer is always fun! Doesn't have the peak power figures of an Integra or Sportivo but has a more useable spread of power in my opinion. Also, averages around 6.5L/100km with spirited driving included.

I got mine for only $6K. They will cost more than a Pulsar/Civic to repair but as has already been said, the mechanicals are fairly tough.

As for the Corolla Sportivo, they are fast but they are so frustrating to drive quickly. Gutless as anything until you hit lift, then before you know it you need to change gear as the powerband is so narrow. Each gearchange leads to dropping out of the powerband again due to the gear ratios. Good fun if you're in the mood to be wringing it's neck all of the time but, in reality, 90% of the time it's a chore on the road.
    Daily
    bus
    2nd Car
    JDM EP3R

VVTI just kicked in YO