Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: EVO IX

Daily
    380 GT Series III
    Name
    Jonathan

Did you know that your old Golf and your K20A Jazz are for sale?
    Daily
    MKV R32 Golf
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan_6621 View Post
    Did you know that your old Golf and your K20A Jazz are for sale?
    Yup - Have had multiple messages from different people looking to buy both cars! Both are great buys in my opinion. I'd buy both of them back in a heartbeat.

Some updates - A couple of days ago I got some new tyres:

My new tyres came in. I was recommended the new Hankook Ventus R-s3 (in 245 40 17).

They're chunky, much like the Neova's I had on the Golf GTI. The JDMyard guys had them fitted and balanced on the OEM BBS rims, ready to go.

Even though they're a size down from the 18's I had on the ride over bumps was firmer, must be due to the stiff sidewalls on these tyres. Haven't had a chance to test them out though, will review (properly) ASAP.
    Daily
    MKV R32 Golf
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R

I've been down with food poisoning for the past few days, but today Zi told me my coilovers came in, damn that was QUICK!!! I know I'm meant to be resting up, but I couldn't help myself. I got changed and sat in 1st gear traffic all the way to JDMyard this afternoon to get them fitted.

Old Bilsteins and Tein lowering springs out.

Hello Tein Mono Flex. Such a warm, fuzzy, comforting feeling. I trust this brand, and their products through and through.

Zi then surprised me with this. A genuine OEM vortex generator yet to be fitted to the car. Turns out my IX is a Performance Pack EVO IX. Now the Bilsteins and the forged BBS wheels are making sense! The Performance Pack was apparently a $3700 upgrade. Not great use to me as I've changed suspension, tyres and most likely I'll change wheels too down the track.

On another note I managed 400km/tank, not too bad at all.
    Daily
    Evolution IX

Yep, $3700 upgrade PLUS another $1500 luxury car tax because it goes over the threshold with the pack.

Congrats man!

I had my IX as a daily for 6yrs and loved every one of the 140,000kms I ended up doing

For new mats, go see Joe at Xtreme - he just got a batch in!

As for the clutch, speak to Indy and get a braided line - made a huge difference in my car with the shuddering etc...

One recommendation, If its going to be your daily and you think you'll be using it a lot, ditch the e85 and stick to 98.

Mine was tuned on 98 only and I was pulling 227 atw - averaging about 430kms to tank - e85 has its benefits, but your KM's will be half of that on 98.

One mod I recommend doing is changing the intercooler pipes. The standard ones flex and expand under load (you might notice some marks on the underside of your bonnet.

Plus they look and sound cool - I went for Monster Sport
    Daily
    S15S
    Name
    Peter

how big is the tank?
    Daily
    VR-4 Legnum
    2nd Car
    JDM Evo VIII MR
    Name
    Ryan

55L,

Who told you to go with that tyre size? Your speedo is now nearly 2.5% faster.
    Daily
    Mitsubishi Evolution VII
    2nd Car
    Toyota Starlet GT
    Name
    Lord Matboy

lookin good man
    Daily
    MKV R32 Golf
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Man View Post
    For new mats, go see Joe at Xtreme - he just got a batch in!

As for the clutch, speak to Indy and get a braided line - made a huge difference in my car with the shuddering etc...

One recommendation, If its going to be your daily and you think you'll be using it a lot, ditch the e85 and stick to 98.

Mine was tuned on 98 only and I was pulling 227 atw - averaging about 430kms to tank - e85 has its benefits, but your KM's will be half of that on 98.

One mod I recommend doing is changing the intercooler pipes. The standard ones flex and expand under load (you might notice some marks on the underside of your bonnet.

Plus they look and sound cool - I went for Monster Sport
    Hey man long time no see!!! Thanks for all these great suggestions. I'll never run on E85 (it's been tuned on 98, all good!). I gave the original mats a vacuum and they've come up good! Clutch/Indy/braided line, this sounds rad, will do, been meaning to visit Indy in any case, it's been a while! Intercooler pipes sound sound too. One of the first bad things that happened to me in the GT-R was having one intercooler pipe blow off at Eastern Creek!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giefster View Post
    Who told you to go with that tyre size? Your speedo is now nearly 2.5% faster.

JDMyard guys did the ordering. 2.5% faster, that's OK by me, doubt my tyre sizes/rolling diameter on any of my previous rides have ever been 100% right!
    Daily
    Evo 6.5 Tommi Makinen Edition
    Name
    Eric

400km to a tank!

i wish! i get 200ish the most ive managed is 260 during summer, no aircon.
    Daily
    Ae71
    Name
    Aleks

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Fox View Post
    Hey man long time no see!!! Thanks for all these great suggestions. I'll never run on E85 (it's been tuned on 98, all good!). I gave the original mats a vacuum and they've come up good! Clutch/Indy/braided line, this sounds rad, will do, been meaning to visit Indy in any case, it's been a while! Intercooler pipes sound sound too. One of the first bad things that happened to me in the GT-R was having one intercooler pipe blow off at Eastern Creek!
    Let me know when you go down ! his been working till 12 at night preparing the cars for wtac.