Thread: Tyre shop horror stories

Daily
    Cloud
    2nd Car
    A Paper Weight
    Name
    Daniel

This happens all over the place sadly

I took my Drift Onevia over to Bob Jane at Coorparoo in Brisbane QLD and they hooked me up with a wheel alignment for $100 and did not even do up the top bolts on the coilovers where they are attached to the knuckles. As the car was on the track drifting it gave itself MAX camber like a BOSS... These guys also quoted me $100 each to fit a Federal Tyre to a Work XT7 because the wheels were expensive? WTF.. Rather a poke in the eye then deal with those homo's

After that incident I change Tyre shops and then started using Bridgstone Tyres at Buranda.... The result was with 4 x brand new wheels right out of the box, they damaged every single rim fitting the tyres!!!! each rim had 4 serious clamp marks on them from the machine when the Tyres were being mounted which sucked ass..... I understand that sometimes wheels are marked a little bit when Tyres are mounted but it is pretty serious to take 4 x 10mm paint scrapes off every new rim....

I am not using Hacketts Discount Tyres in Coopers Plains... all I can say is that they are totally awesome guys and super careful... I still get some marks here and there on my rims but you get that unfortunately... they are awesome guys to deal with as well and super relaxed

D
    Daily
    Evo 5
    Name
    Darko

First ever alighment in the R34, took it to tempe tyres. The guy supposed to be doing it was telling me something along the lines of you cant really do one in this type of car "-" but he will try anyway. Worst customer service didnt explain shit, i dont think i even got a spec sheet back from them......Spinning wheels seems to be the choice in Sydney will go there next time because i left unsure of what the hell happened.
    Daily
    Sil
    Name
    Adam

Truth be told, most tyre shops are dodge. Most times the managers are top notch, but the guys working on your car are complete dead shits, whether it be changing tyres or doing an alingment.

A shop I regually use (JAX Smithfield) did an alingment on the missus' S14 and the dropkick doing it forgot to tighten the rear left camber and toe arm. I didn't notice it until a week or so later (car doesn't get driven much), and fixed it up in the garage.

Another thing they did when fucking around with my 12.5J wheels is clamp the front of the wheel down to fit tyres. It left indents in the dish and all that shit.

The franchisee is a great guy though, unfortunately his workers just don't give a fuck.
    Daily
    S2000 AP1

Re: Tyre shop horror stories

I call Bob Jane up for a quote on what I want, and they give me a lecture saying that what I want is wrong. They play the salesman treating me like an idiot, saying that the tyre size I asked for is wrong. So I go Tempe tyres, they got me what I wanted, and even wrapped my stockies up and put them back in the trunk. 2 days later Bob Jane calls me up saying asking why i would pay 250 for the tyres I wanted, and said i got ripped off even though they said it was going to be 300 for the exact same tyres 2 days ago.

Sent from my potato
    Daily
    Subaru Liberty
    Name
    Zak

Quote Originally Posted by Run-It-Hard View Post
    Truth be told, most tyre shops are dodge. Most times the managers are top notch, but the guys working on your car are complete dead shits, whether it be changing tyres or doing an alingment.

The franchisee is a great guy though, unfortunately his workers just don't give a fuck.
    That's also what I have experienced...
    I was left waiting longer than expected to get new wheels fitted with new tyres at my local Bob Jane.
    The manager was super friendly and a top notch bloke, apologised to me and mentioned it is hard to get reliable staff these days....what I assume happened is that they forgot my car was next on their list, then they forgot I wanted an alignment done too....

My local Bob Jane wanted to charge a $100 premium for a wheel alignment on my R34 cause it 'is an import car'. lols
    Daily
    A Car

I've had 4 wheel alignments by tyre shops, all were complete and utter shit. The last one I got by Blairs Narellen was so bad it was dangerous to drive, drove it home, swore, then found someone who knew what the fuck they were doing.
    Ended up taking it to Pedders at Moorebank, the manager there was an old twincam member who knew his shit and they spent 2.5 hours on my car putting the wheels on, checking it, lowering the hoist, removing the wheels, adjusting, putting wheels back on, raising and checking fuck knows how many times in order to get it right. He got it to exactly what I wanted and the before and after specifications were a complete and utter joke, the moron at Blairs had put massive uneven toe and camber on the front and significant toe in on the rear.

The bloke at Pedders want surprised I got fucked over by a tyre shop (again), only charged me $60 because they make me wait for a few hours (I'm more than happy to wait if your doing good work) and handed me a fistful of stickers on the way out. Drove the car at WP the next week, no complaints.
    Daily
    I sometimes drive mum's Prius
    Name
    Misagh

For any Adelaide people I recommend Regal Wheel Alignment in Thebarton. He drives your car before and after the alignment as well. Very cheap too.
    Daily
    EP3R

Re: Tyre shop horror stories

I figured this is a good place to ask.
    Where is a good place to get a wheel alignment in Melbourne 3172 area.

Sent from my HTC One X
    Daily
    Hiace
    2nd Car
    Golf R
    Name
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Dori*mon View Post
    My local Bob Jane wanted to charge a $100 premium for a wheel alignment on my R34 cause it 'is an import car'. lols
    I would seriously go down there and crack the shits
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast