Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyre shop horror stories

Daily
    S2000
    2nd Car
    S13

Anymore info on Jax Liverpool and Jax Smithfield?
    Daily
    Sil
    Name
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by rixii View Post
    See my post above

I've heard good things about Jax Liverpool, never been there myself though. I've spoken to the managers/workers a few times and seem nice.
    Daily
    Sil
    Name
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by zahmad View Post
    That's also what I have experienced...
    I was left waiting longer than expected to get new wheels fitted with new tyres at my local Bob Jane.
    The manager was super friendly and a top notch bloke, apologised to me and mentioned it is hard to get reliable staff these days....what I assume happened is that they forgot my car was next on their list, then they forgot I wanted an alignment done too....
    Yeah it's a job that seems to attract dropkicks and/or unreliable people. It doesn't pay much and I suppose that's why no one sticks around, nor do they have any pride in their work.

Which BJ was it out of curiousity?
    Daily
    Holden SSV Ute SeriesII

Quote Originally Posted by rixii View Post
    heard good things about the livo shop, 2 guys at work take their cars there and were happy with the work done.

I think one of the guys who works there is on here and drifts or something. I cant remember.
    Daily
    Mazda RX8
    2nd Car
    Mazda6
    Name
    Tim

a few years back, got some tyres fitted at Tyre King in Baulkham Hills.
    Young apprentice fitted the tyres on, no probs, on the hoist, i noticed the rear treads patterns on both left and right side looked exactly the same. SO i thought, one of them must have been fitted the wrong way round. I told the apprentice, and he looked at me like i was an idiot and said it was fine.
    I spoke to the manager and after one quick look and slammed the apprentice asking him if he knew how to read, "inside/outside" labels on the tyre walls.
    Surely, if u fit tyres all day long, you would know something so basic ... ??
    Daily
    VW tractor
    Name
    Geoffrey

Tyre shop horror stories

I got recommended JAX Liverpool by Built To Order and they are great. Great service, great job. Perfect alignment done by them and fitted stretched tyres on with no problem. Would definitely recommend them every time.

+1 Taleb Tyres

Always take care when putting tyres on my various different rims. Dont rip you a new asshole for basic fit and balance or strips. Happy to stretch even refitted a tyre for me when it lost pressure and came off the bead (235 on a 10 inch). Cheap Achilles for the drifters
    Daily
    celica st184

had a tyre change at bob jane in mt gravatt. they cracked a wheel, didn't take the blame. I had to get it temporary welded up and purchased new wheels
    didn't really care as they were crappy Chinese wheels. now have oz racings. will never get tyres there again.
    Daily
    AE71
    2nd Car
    R32 4 door.

Quote Originally Posted by muzukashi View Post
    Went to get an alignment done at the start of the yr at the place i usually go to and the guy i usually deal with wasn't there so another fellow served me fair enough - after about 15mins explaining that i had a camber kit on i drove it in and handed the keys over he said something along the lines of "could you please drive it in aswell since its a big car and manual" at this point i'm already thinking wtf rightio

anyway after i drove it in he then says "can you wait about 15-20mins its lunch time and i have maccas" so i just thought to myself fuck this shit is sad and just left
    "can you please wait 15 mins i have lunch n its mccas" LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL hahahaha that's retarded.

I'm curious as to what was his reaction was as you drove it back out lol.
    Daily
    Toyota Caldina Gt-t

Rate BT Motorsport at Smithfield, I drove the car on/off both hoists (fitment & alignment). Also did the test drive myself post alignment before coming back to pay.
    If in doubt power out