Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Tyre shop horror stories

Daily
    Black Supra
    Name
    Bob

Mount Druitt Suspension (on kurrajong ave, Mount druitt) oh how much i dislike them. They cracked my rim costing me $150 to fix and after 10 days of waiting for it to come back: "what rims, we dont have your rims" then after 15 mins of intense arguing they find them behind some tyres. 1 week later, tyre pops and straight into a pole and most immac prelude written off in. Thank you Mount Druitt Exhaust you bunch of .....
    Daily
    98' Pulsar N15 SSS - 02' S15
    2nd Car
    03' E46 320 M Sports
    Name
    Vince

Quote Originally Posted by Run-It-Hard View Post
    Give these blokes a shot. They are the Vic Motorsport dealer for ADVAN/Yokohama ... they know their shit.

http://www.tyresandmore.com.au/stores/Rowville
    Traction Tyres are amazing, the blokes working there 100% trustworthy! They ask how'd you like it all set up and explain what they did.
    Nissan Pulsar Owners Club
    http://pulsarowners.com/forums
    Daily
    Sil
    Name
    Adam

Forget everything I said about Jax Smithfield, they've turned to shit lately.

I went to get an alignment on the Stagea a few weeks ago and they had a sook taht they couldn't get it on the hoist to align it, or that they could get the lasers to sit on my wheels/tyres. (after having the car for 3 hours). So I took it home, raised it and brang it back the next day. Car sat there for another 2 hours, then they had a sook about the jack hitting the undercarrige when getting on the hoist.

Michael said, he doesn't have time with this, come pick your car up.

Get into the store, ask them what the go is and why they wasted my time if they knew they couldn't do it and all this shit. Michael chucked the keys at me and told me to "fuck off". Lol, so naturally I clicked at him.

So cliffnotes on Jax smithfield:

Careless on wheel alingments, leave bolts loose.
    Careless on fitting wheels, left marks on my big Lehrmeisters
    Won't do anything on the spot, car needs to sit around half the day.
    Poor customer service, and poor workmanship
    Daily
    Sil
    Name
    Adam

I've heard good and bad things about Jax liverpool so I decided to check them out.

They fitted 225's on a 10J wheel and 245 on a 11.5J wheel without problems, happy with their service and didn't need to wait around too long.
    Daily
    2 wheels

Got the front motorbike tyre replaced with a new one. Got home and front brake calipers were loose and not tightened up. Bolts were loose and just finger turned on a couple of times.

Had a couple of run ins with tyre places, after putting a new tyre on, charging for extras like replacing the valve, but when you look closer they have not been replaced, dirt and grime consistent with that on the wheel. This seems to be common practice with a number of outlets.
    Daily
    01 s2k
    Name
    Todd Higgins

looks like jax liverpool it is then. almost was going to go to smithfield too :S
    Daily
    Zenki
    Name
    Philip Screw Driver

Jax Liverpool is ok

i get my wheel alignment done there, considering my car has all rose joint suspension, they just put the specs to my choice for $35 or so, no more then $50 ever
    i installed everything myself and made my own measurements up such as adjusting lower control arm length and what not, but i just get them to make the car steer straight and they have been nothing be easy and fast to deal with.

pretty sure if i asked for more technical shit it would get interesting but i rather not for my own sakes
    People need to do more crimes / break and enter / rob banks / rape kids / kidnapping / Murder, until then, car enthusiast and their vehicles are a dangerous threat to the public
    Daily
    Mazda 3 MPS
    2nd Car
    DC5 Integra Type R

I got recomended to go to Road and Race in Rydalmere. Was real happy with his work and care for the car and the wheels. The bloke has a few circuit cars too. Adjusted my coilovers, camber and alignment front and back in about an hour.
    Daily
    01 s2k
    Name
    Todd Higgins

Quote Originally Posted by bluesprinter View Post
    Jax Liverpool is ok

i get my wheel alignment done there, considering my car has all rose joint suspension, they just put the specs to my choice for $35 or so, no more then $50 ever
    i installed everything myself and made my own measurements up such as adjusting lower control arm length and what not, but i just get them to make the car steer straight and they have been nothing be easy and fast to deal with.

pretty sure if i asked for more technical shit it would get interesting but i rather not for my own sakes
    im just looking for tyres fitted to rims with care, allignment and camber adjustment so nothing crazy.
    Daily
    Sil
    Name
    Adam

Jax livo seem pretty good dude, I was happy with their services and they seem to have pride in their work.