Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Runnin' In the 90's -R32 GTS-T Diary.

Daily
    01 WRX
    Name
    Christian

Looks sooooo good...!
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

we pick up where the story left off: October 2010-

So the car was all around pretty awful to drive now. Got a job offer with General Motors to go and work down on the release tour of their new car. for the next 8 weeks this was my new car:

2011 Chevy Volt. Totally different than the type of cars i was used to but surprisingly fun to drive.

Interior was pretty neat too.

My job was to educate dealership staff across the states in 5 different cities. San Francisco, LA, Austin Texas, Washington DC and New York City.

for comparison we would set up an "autocross" course and compare it to (at the time) its closest competition... The prius.

Not a bad gig. got to do unlimited autocross and albeit in a prius but it was still fun haha

Ripping outside the NJ Giants Stadium

California has some cool daily drivers.

When we were in California, we went to the final Round of Formula Drift at Irwandale Speedway. It was rad.

even saw the car that made me ruin it all haha. the owner was pretty chill.

Got sick of flying between cities (volt wasnt allowed to be driven as it was still pre production)

18 wheels > Flying. scratch driving across the country in a big rig off the bucket-list.

Flew back from NYC to Toronto just in time for winter. Took the fanboy wheels off the 240 in exchange for some winter tires.

At this point the car would need lots of work if i wanted to keep it. Even though I never winter drove the car, 20 years of canadian weather
    had taken its toll on the underside of the car. So i decided it was time to part with the car. Sad times.

The last time i saw my car it looked like this.

I havent seen or heard from it since, would be interesting to know what happened to it.

Dec 2010: Enter Skyline.

Obviously the worst pic of the car, but the first one I ever took haha.

... to be continued..

-Jordie
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Stoogey View Post
    Thread title alone wins jdmst.
    Haha thanks, Ill try and live up to that.

So I bought the car from a My friend Mark who was moving out to British Colombia.
    He also owns this car (found in the mismatched wheel thread)

So go the car home and quickly washed it and stored it in my underground parking garage.

The car was a 1993 R32 Skyline Type-M with 143KMs

Came with Kei Office Coils up front and Teins in the rear.
    Full 3" Exhaust Not too sure of the brand
    RSR Downpipe
    Nismo NS5R wheels
    Nismo 1.5way Diff
    and some other bits and pieces.

Not bad for the price i paid.

Decided to test fit all 4 of the nismos. The front wheel wells wernt big enough for the 50 series sidewalls so i would need to get new tires.

Excited i got my Girlfriends camera and started taking nice pics of my new purchase.

Came with a Momo Wheel. too bad its not 2001 anymore and this no longer cool.

Greddy Gauge (was on the floor when i got the car) was quickly relocated to the Drivers side vent.

It came with this rare nismo shift knob, but was stolen from the car one night

The car came with many cool 90's parts. I was really stoked with the wheels and had never seen them before in that sizing (17x9.5+25)
    That i thought a "period correct" modified car would be a cool direction for the build.
    Daily
    2003 Toyota Corolla Sportivo
    2nd Car
    1989 Nissan R32 GTST
    Name
    Tim

Good stuff you finally got to the 32!! Looks pretty good, tidy interior.

But......don't like the Steering wheel, there is alot going on. The ol' boost gauge fits into the air con vent pretty good, had the same on my 93'...untill I realized I could never read it due to my right arm.
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by RUNNINMEBROKE View Post
    Good stuff you finally got to the 32!! Looks pretty good, tidy interior.

But......don't like the Steering wheel, there is alot going on. The ol' boost gauge fits into the air con vent pretty good, had the same on my 93'...untill I realized I could never read it due to my right arm.
    Thanks Pal. Yea I removed the gauge for the same reason. while it fit perfectly there, it wasn't of much use. Momo Space ship wheel was the first thing i did beside basic maintenance.

It was replaced with something more "period correct"

Picked it up from a local for $75 Not the best but it was way better than what came with the car.
    Daily
    2003 Toyota Corolla Sportivo
    2nd Car
    1989 Nissan R32 GTST
    Name
    Tim

Yeh yeh looks better with old style....that style wheel may be old but still feels/looks current. It looks heaps like my Nardi....but you don't have exposed metal on your wheel LOL.
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

yep for sure, but the momo didnt last too long. I found an old nismo wheel and threw it on. Needs refinishing around the "thumb grips" but came with a horn button so i put it on. Also sold the momo for more than i got it for so Win win i guess.

Back to the story:

Winter was over which meant all my friends cars were hitting the road again

Drove the car for much of 2011. First thing was to get some proper sized tires on the car so i could fit the Nismos.

Also de-winged the car to make room for this:

Test Fit:

Then did some of this:

I liked sliding this car way more than the s13. It seemed more planted and predictable.

Notice the puddle of coolant under the car. Old dried up coolant lines kept cracking and bursting:

Car slid better with the alignement. It was my first wet trackday and was super fun and Not having to change tires is always a plus.

On the way home however, another coolant line broke.

Good friends came by to same the day!

the car had over heated pretty badly. the motor was showing 130-80-130 in the middle 3 cylinders. Bummed out
    I decided id had enough of cars for a while and bought this to get back and forth to work.

It was almost time to put the car away for winter anyways... Just meant i get to build it and make it better.
    Daily
    96' R33
    Name
    Anthony

Nice thread so far mate.
    Below is the perfect place for a boost gauge imo, had it in my 32.

At the end of the day, it becomes night.
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

^ That looks ok. Did you have to cut the dash to get it to contour the gauge.

Anyways so my motor was broken and the car was stored at my parents house. I bought a 20ft Shipping Container to store the car in

Unloaded the car in to container and it fit like a dream.

When the motor is broken, nothing is more appropriate than splurging on 90's Tommy Kaira Aero

Picked it up from Nengun (great customer service) and had it cut in half and shipped over to canada.

Combined it all with a with a GTR bumper

Also Picked up some East Bear Mirrors and a JUN lip

Stoked with the Test-Fit

Now that i have a secondary vehicle, I am going to take my time and bring the car back to its former glory.
    I am leaning towards getting another r32 half cut and replacing the rb20det with a refreshed motor rather than getting a 25. I also need a new dash, and some HVAC stuff
    so the half cut makes most sense.

Until Next time...
    Daily
    R33
    2nd Car
    Ford LTD
    Name
    Mars

Looks great man... get a RB26 in there while yr at it
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast