Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Runnin' In the 90's -R32 GTS-T Diary.

Daily
    EG Civic
    Name
    Dave

very nice man, have loved 32s since i can remember!
    Wakefield PB: 1.15.6 - NA Life
    Daily
    D22 Brahvara
    2nd Car
    s2 RX7
    Name
    Paul

Looks good mate. Can imagine engine parts would be a struggle over there.

Keep up the good work!
    isn't paulies motto "i can run faster aroused, than you can scared" - clutch-monkey
    Daily
    96' R33
    Name
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by R32Jordie View Post
    ^ That looks ok. Did you have to cut the dash to get it to contour the gauge.
    The previous owner did it, but the dash wasn't altered in any way, by the look of it he would have removed the original vent, then sat the gauge in its place and held it down with the bracket over the cup.
    At the end of the day, it becomes night.
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Gelato Boi View Post
    The previous owner did it, but the dash wasn't altered in any way, by the look of it he would have removed the original vent, then sat the gauge in its place and held it down with the bracket over the cup.
    Oh riight... forgot there is a vent there. I am thinking of making pod and grafting it on the Steering column cover.

As for the motor. Its not really that bad finding parts over here. In toronto there are 5 or 6 good importers that stock Motors, Transmissions and even full front cuts. Not really a fan of the Rb26 either. The car will most likely get getting a refreshed Rb20 or maaybe a 25 (just doesn't make much sense when i need other parts from the 1/2 cut.

Also Picked up a 4pt cage Bolt in cage. Not too sure if its a safety 21 or cusco. It pains me to have to drill holes in the floor
    so i havent put it in yet.

Also picked up a Vintage nismo shift knob to match the wheel.

Daily
    Scion XD 2012
    2nd Car
    Subaru Impreza STi
    Name
    Carlos Berrios Aponte

awesome build dude!!!
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

Thanks Carlitos.

Im so stoked on the aero. Cant wait to have the rear quarter repaired and the whole car painted. But that wont be for a while.

When I do get the car running again i want to be exactly sure about what is going on under the hood. In continuing with the 90's theme, I picked up these HKS Gauges.
    The boost gauge i picked up from [email protected] and had it shipped over from japanland. For a used piece it is absolutely flawless.

Also picked up a BNIB water temp gauge as well. It doesn't match exactly (the needle is different) But when sourcing rare parts, ill take what i can get.

Currently trying to source Oil temp / pressure gauges as well.

Picked up some spares locally (believe it or not) Tommy Kaira 17x9 +25 made from unobtainium.

Got the pair for a steal so I threw them on to see how they fit.

Excuse the rubberband tires. they definitely need a meatier tire.

Was bored at work the other day so i decided to play with our 3d printer. So i printed my aero for a model kit i had kicking around

(sorry for the crap pic)

I havent bought my front clip just yet. I have the funds but winter is fast approaching and i'm limited on space.

I will be trying to complete the interior over the winter. Sourcing some parts and doing some custom enclosure work for turbo timers and gauge pods (ie playing with the printer).
    I havent found any Gauge pods i really like. and as previously mentioned, it didnt work out in the drivers side vent.

Stay Tuned

Jordie
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

Not really car related but just bought/ moved into my first home over the weekend. Lots of little things to do, painting and such but at least i am not paying someone elses mortgage now

It has a really nice work shop in the back where i plan on getting a parts washer and mini sandblaster.

Excuse the Gloomy Pic. we are in for a week of rain due to hurricane sandy.

The old couple who owned the house before me kept it in great shape. they were just retired and were moving out of the city. They left stacks of tools in the shed among other useful things ( BBQ Lawn mover, Ladders and such)

Just thought i'd share.
    Daily
    my05 wrx impreza
    2nd Car
    KE70
    Name
    blake

awesome house lovde the brick work and the look of it

good thread allways interesting to read what someone on the other side of the world is doing lol
    RD
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

Thanks Blake^

partly why i joined this forum, to see what everyone else is on about around the world

THROWBACK...

When i was unemployed from Sept 2011 to Nov 2011, I tried to make a turbo timer enclosure for my HKS unit using an S13 Map-Light Piece:

Got to about this point and got frustrated. It was hard working in my cramped condo and im sure my neighbours didn't appreciate me sanding
    autobody filler on the balcony of the 21st floor haha. so that little project got scrapped

Forward to my new job and our 3d printer. So i put it to good use.

Modeled the HKS unit exactly and the enclosure around it.

Hit Print and waited 8 hours (slept)

And there you have it. custom made out of plastic.

It is to mount the same way as the original prototype. I just need to acquire another panel now to fit it as i butchered the other one

I'll have to wait until i get my halfcut or if one pops up locally.

-Jordie
    Daily
    180sx

Wow i love 3d printers!!!! cool thread!
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast