Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Runnin' In the 90's -R32 GTS-T Diary.

Daily
    Nissan Versa Hatch
    2nd Car
    HCR32 Skyline
    Name
    Emir

Lol at mundane questions on gtrc. Not gonna lie, I find myself browsing this forum and driftworks forum a lot more than gtrc.

Nice hks gauge cluster btw! I assume it fits in a DIN slot? Thought there was only the pricey defi din cluster and the oem gtr one available.
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_HR32 View Post
    Such a cool set of gauges, what do they display? The wheel is sick
    The Gauges show Exhaust, water and oil Temp. I already have 60mm temp gauge which i bought BNIB so maybe

it comes with both sensors for water and oil (if they are different) Ill have to check when i go back home to my parents

The wheel is the same as my old nimso one its just in better condition and was a steal at 80 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by emirHCR32 View Post
    Lol at mundane questions on gtrc. Not gonna lie, I find myself browsing this forum and driftworks forum a lot more than gtrc.

Nice hks gauge cluster btw! I assume it fits in a DIN slot? Thought there was only the pricey defi din cluster and the oem gtr one available.
    Yea i though the same until i saw Jimmy's thread and then this popped up on ebay. It seems that you can fit 3 46mm gauges in a din slot. they also seem more available in this size than the 60mm so maybe ill put in an oil pressure gauge there instead, we will see what comes up.

As for GTRCanada, do we really need 90438543908543908 threads on how to change oil or "will 18x7 +43 sit flush on my GTR?" threads? just got extremely annoying. You also need to expand your horizon if you want to find "period correct goodies"
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

Din Gauges Showed up yesterday. Im stoked on how they are going to look in the car.
    Daily
    Nissan Versa Hatch
    2nd Car
    HCR32 Skyline
    Name
    Emir

Quote Originally Posted by R32Jordie View Post
    Yea i though the same until i saw Jimmy's thread and then this popped up on ebay. It seems that you can fit 3 46mm gauges in a din slot. they also seem more available in this size than the 60mm so maybe ill put in an oil pressure gauge there instead, we will see what comes up.

As for GTRCanada, do we really need 90438543908543908 threads on how to change oil or "will 18x7 +43 sit flush on my GTR?" threads? just got extremely annoying. You also need to expand your horizon if you want to find "period correct goodies"
    LOL, very true about gtrc...not enough people there bother using the search function.

Those DIN gauges look neat. I need to get some gauges myself, but not sure yet if I'll use the spare DIN slot, or get rid of the center A/C vent and make a plate over it.

Like so:
    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8215/8...891a4724_b.jpg

I assume for the oil pressure/temp sensors you need an engine block adapter?
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

Personally i would find a cleaner solution to the gauge pod. you can find centre vent pods around the net (may take some searching) but it will look waay better and not so "hacked" together. Yea i will probably need one of those in line rad hose fittings

Like this

http://www.streetsports.com/photo/ve...ure_sensor.jpg

and then one on the oil filter relocation plate things.
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

Picked up a Generic Front Mount kit to Fit the gaping hole in my bumper. Its a Generic Core and Piping Kit ( not really a fan of generic parts but it should do the trick )

Up until recently the plan was to repair the front end damage and getting a new motor by buying a half cut. Turns out that there arnt that many in Toronto and they are becoming quite scarce.

The previous owner had stuffed it into something and this quick fix was done.

So i bit the bullet and bought this

and did this...

Problem half solved (sort of.... its -15c out so ill just wait until spring)

My importer got me thinking more of Rb25's. for not that much more money, you open up future potential.

Any thoughts? (besides emir lol)
    Daily
    ------
    Name
    Token

Stroke your old motor out to RB24.
    TD06 + External gate... Make amazing noises & smoke.
    Daily
    D22 Brahvara
    2nd Car
    s2 RX7
    Name
    Paul

As the owner of an rb25, i say do it.
    Its a much lazier motor, but it works well.
    Just change the stock turbo over if you want to run over 14psi (high flows are good upgrade)
    isn't paulies motto "i can run faster aroused, than you can scared" - clutch-monkey
    Daily
    98 Civic Coupe
    2nd Car
    '93 Skyline GTS-T
    Name
    Jordie Lewis

I've pretty much limited my choices to RB20 or 25 based on skill level and resources.

I am looking at around 2500 for a 25 that comes from japan in a clip so its protected plus I can hear it run (not some tire shined jdm mystery motor that got shipped over under 389742398742 other motors). This price includes the trans, wiring, ecu and misc things like the fan shroud ect ect. Pretty much everything I need minus install.

Quote Originally Posted by big fat paulie View Post
    As the owner of an rb25, i say do it.
    Its a much lazier motor, but it works well.
    Just change the stock turbo over if you want to run over 14psi (high flows are good upgrade)
    Thanks for the input paul. Ive been in my buddies stock r33 and just love the extra torque. Parts like intake manifold (which is a must do mod in my eyes) are pretty close to half the price as ones for the RB20.

My biggest fear with a rb20 is hitting the "power ceiling" and having to swap it for a bigger displacement motor down the line. And now that everything on my car is apart or broken it would be the perfect time to do the change.
    Daily
    BMW E38 740iL
    2nd Car
    2x R32 Skyline
    Name
    James

That sounds like a very good price for motor and box, is that including shipping? The extra torque from a 20 to 25 is amazing, we did the conversion in my brothers black 32.