Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FATAL R35 GTR CRASH. Is it really worth showing off? R.I.P.

Daily
    Nissan Silvia S15
    Name
    Roger Lam

Dam, finally got to read the article.. The girl that died went to my school.

its really hard to crash such an easy to drive supercar, you have to be a D-bag of the highest order to lose it so spectactularly..that said it IS a bit harsh wishing death upon the driver.
    Super sad to hear about the girl dying , just another reason to keep 9/10's shenanigans on the track which is probably how we ended up talking about the EX-Coke dealers private racetrack, I had no idea it was that expensive though...I would expect to be blown by a set of Japanese twins in sailor moon outfits while flying down the straight for that kind of money..
    Daily
    180sx

It doesnt have to an extreme.
    I see no reason why you can't take your sports car for a bit of a fang on a winding road that has no driveways or footpaths.
    That doesnt mean you go 10 out of 10 around a corner you've never seen before. It means you baby step build yourself up to 8/10 around a corner you're driving regularly.
    Not killing innocents or friends is pretty simple really. If you can't see whats around the bend your your not sure if your speed is correct, then slow down.

point taken, been on a few putty road, nasho road cruises myself. As long as its off peak its not too bad, no way you can go track speed though.
    god i miss going to track days

Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonau View Post
    its really hard to crash such an easy to drive supercar, you have to be a D-bag of the highest order to lose it so spectactularly..
    i disagree, imo cars like the EVO and GTR give a lot of speed and pace to drivers who haven't always earned it. thus they're going warp speed when the safety net lets go, making a much nastier crash.
    good things for people who know what they're doing, but easily abused by ham fisted amateurs
    Survived parramatta crew

Whiteballz diddles pigeons

farken dopple again.. jdmst broken
    Survived parramatta crew

Whiteballz diddles pigeons
    Daily
    910 Bluebird Wagon
    Name
    Mat

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainColen View Post
    That doesnt mean you go 10 out of 10 around a corner you've never seen before. It means you baby step build yourself up to 8/10 around a corner you're driving regularly.
    Not killing innocents or friends is pretty simple really. If you can't see whats around the bend your your not sure if your speed is correct, then slow down.
    Completely agree
    Peno Tento Non Penitento
    910 Dirtybird
    Goodyear Autocare Windsor - Family (my family) owned & run.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i disagree, imo cars like the EVO and GTR give a lot of speed and pace to drivers who haven't always earned it. thus they're going warp speed when the safety net lets go, making a much nastier crash.
    good things for people who know what they're doing, but easily abused by ham fisted amateurs
    to be clear i meant he was exactly that, someone driving beyond their ability in a built up area. ie Douchebag.
    Daily
    Celica

It all comes down to a respect thing on the road. I'm sure in life with cars we've made decisions and learnt from them (to slow down or take a corner not as quick). The lucky thing is that many of us learn from them without any cause and effect.

The sad thing is that no matter what in life we could be doing 100% the right thing and you get occurrences where like yesterday that boy got hit by a bus because of a Bus traffic light fault. I'm sure the driver was concentrating as much as physically possible and it was just very unlucky circumstances. I'm sure he didn't stop at the intersection and say "I better stop completely just in case the light has failed" because its just one of those things. Were so used to going through the intersection as its never happened to us before (and probably never to him).

I'd never want anything bad to happen to any fellow JDMST members. I'm sure with all the campaigns that are published on tv, internet and radio that people are forever going to get in a situation where they are going to take a chance whether it be speeding, or reckless driving in any form. It is part of our nature. When a kid is small we teach them the right thing to do, but it always seems that kids want to do the wrong thing instead. We try and teach them to be good and behave themselves because we want them to be safe. Some kids unfortunately learn from cause and effect (getting hurt or scared), some may just learn as they get older, others may never learn the lessons being taught.
    Daily
    kia rio
    Name
    laura

RE: accident

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy View Post
    It was bought recently off a guy on the beaches. New owner lived in Mosman apparently.

It's mona vale police impound. Not sure who took it but got it off a mate on facebook.

As of today the driver died apparently.
    ---
    Did the driver pass away? how do you know? the front passenger killed was a close friend of mine.