Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Passing EPA "noise test and anti-tampering" information + photos of results

Daily
    S2000 AP1

Would there be any issues running extractors that delete 1 cat? (car comes with 2 cats)
    Daily
    32 GTR
    2nd Car
    99WRX D40Nav 300SEL
    Name
    Anthony

Yes you need to retain factory cats in all factory positions.
    Dahtone Racing
    www.dahtoneracing.com
    Daily
    Triumph Sprint ST
    2nd Car
    Rover V8, RX-4 wagon
    Name
    Master Logray

Nice write up.

I find it hilarious that *the man* insist we have catalytic converters, yet they are a serviceable part and need to be replaced as they burn/wear out. No one seems to worry about this though (probably given the cost of replacing them), so as long as you have the shell of a burnt out cat in place, everyone's happy and dolphins can hug trees and pixies can frolic with gay abandon.
    Daily
    32 GTR
    2nd Car
    99WRX D40Nav 300SEL
    Name
    Anthony

Passing EPA "noise test and anti-tampering" information + photos of results

Lol so true, they did do a blitz on actual emission testing not too long ago where heaps of dead stockers were getting hammered.
    Dahtone Racing
    www.dahtoneracing.com
    Daily
    1uz soarer
    Name
    daniel

Quote Originally Posted by ewokracing View Post
    Nice write up.

I find it hilarious that *the man* insist we have catalytic converters, yet they are a serviceable part and need to be replaced as they burn/wear out. No one seems to worry about this though (probably given the cost of replacing them), so as long as you have the shell of a burnt out cat in place, everyone's happy and dolphins can hug trees and pixies can frolic with gay abandon.
    and a old hq can run unleaded and doesn't need cats what up with that?
    Daily
    EVO TME
    2nd Car
    Femoris Longus
    Name
    Derku

Quote Originally Posted by 2GU UP View Post
    That "bar on sliders" is a jack to lift the car if you need to lift the car so wheels are able to be removed.
    ..... Ive taking nearly 20 cars to Waminda Service Centre for DECC testing and never had an issue with height and most of them are dragging their balls on the road.
    I passed with out any issues what so ever so perhaps he was smirking at me with the bar to try scare me (as it only just cleared my front pipe). Considering your experience, I'd certainly take your word for it then!

They really do check everything that they can see meticulously. Whilst under the car he spotted a small hole I made in the air box for the MAF wiring and said it shouldnt draw air in from the engine bay but he let me off because I put effort into enclosing 95% of it.

He checks PCV and o2 sensor and sees through that they are actually connected. He distinguished from o2 sensor and A/F gauge bungs etc so they aren't completely numpties. He even twisted my BOV(GFB respons) to see if it was actually plumbed back. He didnt have anything to say about injectors, pump etc.

The inspector did everything carefully and I got the impression throughout that he wanted me to pass.
    Last edited by derku; 27-12-12 at 01:11 AM. Reason: typo
    Daily
    evo 8MR

do you have an evc? did you take it out or just hide it somewhere?
    Daily
    Honda S15

Re: Passing EPA "noise test and anti-tampering" information + photos of results

Quote Originally Posted by illmatic View Post
    do you have an evc? did you take it out or just hide it somewhere?
    I passed with my evc.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
    S15 T28BB on 9PSI = 1min 10sec @ Wakefield Park
    If you can't be the fastest.
    Be the most entertaining.
    Daily
    TRD JZX100
    Name
    Rohan

I went to Waminda too. Passed with stock BOV, stock airbox and aftermarket FMIC.

Car was too low and got beached on the way out. He came and helped me unbeach and told me my car was boss. And I passed EPA. 'Twas a good day.
    Daily
    Tarago
    2nd Car
    EVO IX

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stunn-R View Post
    I went to Waminda too. Passed with stock BOV, stock airbox and aftermarket FMIC.

Car was too low and got beached on the way out. He came and helped me unbeach and told me my car was boss. And I passed EPA. 'Twas a good day.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast