I decided I'd copy Justin's numberplate bracket for the MX5
So I went and bought the bits, planning on using a strap of very thin galvanised iron for the bracket. Cut and measured everything then when it came to drill the holes..... I discovered that my housemate's drill wont drill through the galv... Not a problem, I figured I'd just put the standard bracket back on... except I'd already broken it (well, actually I just didnt want to put the standard bracket back on)
I needed something as a temporary bracket so I could drive to work...
Enter the lid of a can of tuna - taking the lightweight idea to the max
I'll go and make a proper one tonight at my friends place, but this is actually working suprisingly well as a temporary measure, size seems to be about right too