Thread: Edward Lu of Ernst & Young

Edward Lu of Ernst & Young

For those working in the finance world, you might have already come across this. But for those who don't, this is rather a good lol. This e-mail went viral and even made it in to the AFR. There is a tonne of comments in between but that would make this thread far too long. Our very own MikeyG decided to email him directly too but has not heard back.

Poor Edward Lu even deleted his LinkedIn profile

How to pick up girls 101!

Sent: Friday, 22 March 2013 2:47 PM
    To: karel.***@crowehorwath.com.au; rebecca.***@crowehorwath.com.au; marisa.***@crowehorwath.com.au
    Subject: Good meeting you at ICAA event: Edward Lu

This email is to be read subject to the disclaimer below.

Hi Karel, Rebecca and Marisa,

ICAA night
    I'm sure you have met a lot of stunning people last night. Hopefully you still have a glimpse of memory of me as the suited guy with pocket square. It was really great meeting you all and as discussed, let's have a coffee catchup or something in the city when mutually convenient.

(Perhaps your HR and yourself thought I was a uni student wanting a grad position (which is fun to play along to but I never explicitly said anything so everything is your assumption haha), but I was there indeed primarily to find out some information on behalf of one of my uni friends to get a sense of the market for all the firms.)

Common points
    Based on my talks with you, I guess we are all roughly the same age, grade, university etc. I actually been at EY working fulltime for about 3yrs now since 2010 for cadetship post highschool ruse09, and graduated unsw in 2012 with B.Com and started back fulltime again this year.

Going Forward
    Rebecca and Marisa, I was quite surprised both from unsw since I thought I had covered pretty much everyone who did commerce related things at unsw. We may even have some mutual friends from unsw and perhaps assist each other in CA modules. (currently doing FINS.)

Karel, in terms of your interest in banking side, quite familiar with this side as that's my main client base at EY for banks and capital markets incl. private equity and hedge funds etc. Also, I had done a IB internship before and know quite a lot of movers and shakers in this space from grads to MD level at boutiques to bulge brackets so we may have good discussions and insights in this space. Also, I frequently chill with some of my management consultant buddies too who offer interesting insights into the global markets. We can share this perspective.

Realistically
    I know that we are all very busy and highly value time and so it may not be possible for a large group catchup with mutually aligned schedules. Hence, as mentioned, whenever you are free solo, send me an email or give me a buzz as noted below, and we can grab that quick coffee/lunch or something better if time allows.

Thanks and really great meeting you all.

Cheers,

Edward

Edward Lu | Financial Services
    Ernst & Young
    Ernst & Young Centre, 680 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
    Thank you for considering the environmental impact of printing emails.

The AFR article
    Daily
    Piece Of Shit
    Name
    Mikey

LMAOOOOOO

Kevin Zhang pretty much works in his divison even said and this is a qoute from the chained email Ive seen this.. hes in my division.. #@%#[email protected]#!%#@$#[email protected]#[email protected]!

Kevin Zhang | Consultant | Financial Services "

he is still yet to reply... but i think its safe to say his fired LMAOOOOO.. even tried contacting him but no good

Yeah I had to remove his email and phone number in case idiots like you try to troll him... lol
    Daily
    Piece Of Shit
    Name
    Mikey

and btw its confirmed'

" he always wears pocket square to work LMAO "
    Daily
    Integra DC5
    2nd Car
    Rx7 FD3S

I got the email..

This guy...

What can I say..

However I dont find it that good.

That Citibank one a while back was better

----------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, 19 July 2011 4:08 PM
    To: Cannon, Neil R [ICG-GBKG]; *GBKG AU Associates; *GBKG AU Analysts
    Subject: RE: Guys

For the haters and the doubters - check this out:
    - Double degree - boom
    - Commerce - boom
    - Law - boom
    - Spanish - boom
    - Cleo - boom tick

Sent: Tuesday, 19 July 2011 3:46 PM
    To: *GBKG AU Associates; *GBKG AU Analysts
    Subject: Guys

Looking to be a rock star at this place - feel free to send through your tips, but I think I've got this one covered.

Neil Cannon
    Citi Investment Banking
    T: +61 2 8225 xxxx
    M: +61 401 xxx xxx

Yeah, I know it's not that funny but thought it would be a good read to kill some time. The comments in the chain mail is more hilarious than the email itself but the chain mail goes on forever, lol.

If you've still got the Citi Bank one, can you forward it to me? lol. I'll PM you my email.
    Daily
    City Rail ...

i found it hilarious myself haha , its the more the awkwardness of the email.
    hope he's overdosed on some humble pie for his own sake...