Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you consider yourself as a driver?

Daily
    Honda Integra DC2R
    2nd Car
    None
    Name
    Nathan

How do you consider yourself as a driver?

Would you call yourself a good driver, or would you say you're always learning new ways to drive, finding new edges to meet, or even extend?

Do you find driving is a good a way to learn about yourself?
    Gutter to gutter in a school zone gets all the sluts
    Daily
    S14a

I think I'm better than most of the population, but just because you're better, doesn't mean you're good. I realise that I still have a shitload left to learn & every day I try practise to become better. Whether that be braking technique or just holding a line, I try become better every day & I think staying humble in the seat goes a long way & paves the way for more learning! In terms of learning about yourself, I honestly feel that driving is a part of my essence, it stems from certain personality traits I have. I wouldn't say I learn more about myself, but I would say it defines/sharpens parts of myself, if that makes sense lol

Daily
    dc2r

It's hard to stay humble when majority of the population drive like it's the first time they've ever driven a car - specifically those who take their sweet time when they're at the front of the lights and especially spastics who drive under the limit.
    Daily
    S14a

Quote Originally Posted by cceebz View Post
    It's hard to stay humble when majority of the population drive like it's the first time they've ever driven a car - specifically those who take their sweet time when they're at the front of the lights and especially spastics who drive under the limit.
    mmmm I get what you mean, but watching other drivers on youtube honestly keeps me humble behind the wheel lol. Especially some of the japanese drivers like Orido. Oh that & locking up whilst heading towards a metal barricaded corner at 100km/h - that helps lol.
    Daily
    N/A
    Name
    Bry

i think i suck in my new car, has over double the amount of power than any car ive owned previously and AWD is a totally different beast, it scares the shit out of me at the moment so im taking it slow and getting used to it.

cant wait to get on the track and see how it really acts at the limits
    Daily
    RNN14 GTiR Pulsar
    Name
    Tony

Flat out honest... I fucking suck at driving... I've had a lot of accidents (thankfully none in my car) try to take extra care when driving mine...

I've also almost lost my licence once from loss of points (1 point for 12 months sucks balls), not an experience I am going to repeat, ever again! (I'll take the 3 month suspension next time, but it will NEVER! happen again)
    Daily
    1996 -soontobepink- civic
    2nd Car
    1977 Civic
    Name
    Ben

I wouldn't ever say I'm the best driver out there, but I wouldn't say I'm the worst either. I have a shiteload left to learn. Lots more cars to experience, lots more techniques to learn, etc. I've only had one major crash, thank fuck. Lost my license for 3 months (figured the 3 months was better than 12 months on 1 point. The 3 months fucking sucked, but at least I had full points when I got it back. Haven't lost any points since, though.
    Since I'm currently driving a car that I'm 99% certain has less horsepower than any of the other cars on here (Obviously ones that can actually produce horsepower >.>) When this one gets more power, and/or when I get a car with more horsepower for the daily, I can see myself having to relearn how to drive that beast, and get used to it. Pretty used to the ve Sportwagen, and the prado... But not as used to them as my car.

But all in all, still have a long way to go
    Daily
    Honda S15

Yesterday I almost died.

On the Cumberland Hwy turning right down St Johns Rd towards Cabramatta. Light turns green and this dumb prick in a green landcruiser thing runs the red at 40-50km. Almost T bones a gold CRV going straight. Lucky I lagged my take off. If I was 3 m infront would of copped a bullbar to the neck.

I slam the brake and hold the horn at him. I was some old asian man. He reverses out meekly. I wind my window down stick my finger up high and yell "ITS ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT EVERYONE THINKS ASIANS ARE SHIT DRIVERS!"

I'm asian myself.

There should be less bullshit 150hrs practice on your L's and more complex scenarios to test cognitive ability and reflexes. Hand eye competency.
    I reckon there should also be a height restriction on 4wd. If your too short your not allowed a tall car that you cant see over the steering wheel.
    S15 T28BB on 9PSI = 1min 10sec @ Wakefield Park
    If you can't be the fastest.
    Be the most entertaining.
    Daily
    NA

fine driver

it's everyone else that sucks

i'm pretty fucking good
    Survived parramatta crew

Whiteballz diddles pigeons
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast