Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you consider yourself as a driver?

Daily
    Size 11 Havianas
    2nd Car
    no
    Name
    K

here's the deal, I'm the best there is, plain and simple, I mean I wake up every morning and I piss excellence
    Daily
    A165H
    2nd Car
    D21 2.7D DX 4x4
    Name
    Josh

I'm ok, not superfantastic, but not bad either.
    Rail it & nail it.
    Hillbilly Deluxe Mk.II, '81 Mitsubishi Scorpion/'96 Nissan Navara 4x4/'81 Yamaha IT250/'83 Yamaha YZ125
    Daily
    S2000

I'm pretty good. well above average... but no where near the best.
    Daily
    corolla
    2nd Car
    corolla

Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    Yesterday I almost died.

On the Cumberland Hwy turning right down St Johns Rd towards Cabramatta. Light turns green and this dumb prick in a green landcruiser thing runs the red at 40-50km. Almost T bones a gold CRV going straight. Lucky I lagged my take off. If I was 3 m infront would of copped a bullbar to the neck.

I slam the brake and hold the horn at him. I was some old asian man. He reverses out meekly. I wind my window down stick my finger up high and yell "ITS ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT EVERYONE THINKS ASIANS ARE SHIT DRIVERS!"

I'm asian myself.

There should be less bullshit 150hrs practice on your L's and more complex scenarios to test cognitive ability and reflexes. Hand eye competency.
    I reckon there should also be a height restriction on 4wd. If your too short your not allowed a tall car that you cant see over the steering wheel.
    had this happen to me TWICE last week.

i take off pretty slow if im not in a rush or woulda been fukin dead. scary shit people not paying attention. t-boned = laters... no side airbags or nothin
    Daily
    XR6 Ute
    2nd Car
    8MR FQ340
    Name
    Lachlan

I take driving seriously. I love driving and have a continuous desire to learn more. I maintain a healthy fear with driving and never get to cocky. This is what makes me a good driver and separates me from the brain dead fucktards on the road.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
    Daily
    Peugeot 406 Coupe
    2nd Car
    '00 Prelude VTI-R
    Name
    Mitch

I like to think I'm a good driver. It felt pretty good coming off my P's in February and not losing any demerits or ever being fined for anything other than expired parking tickets. Never had a crash. And I speed... frequently, whenever the road is empty and I feel like taking a racing line at pace. I suppose I just speed at the right time, and responsibly (if there is such a thing)

It really shows when I'm passenger in a friend's car and they're constantly having near misses with other cars, breaking road rules, mis-shifting, just generally not seeming like they have control of their car and disregarding anybody's safety. It terrifies me.
    Daily
    CITY RAIL

i am ricky bobby good. shake and bake baby
    Daily
    1996 -soontobepink- civic
    2nd Car
    1977 Civic
    Name
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by mrobbo15 View Post
    I like to think I'm a good driver. It felt pretty good coming off my P's in February and not losing any demerits or ever being fined for anything other than expired parking tickets. Never had a crash. And I speed... frequently, whenever the road is empty and I feel like taking a racing line at pace. I suppose I just speed at the right time, and responsibly (if there is such a thing)

It really shows when I'm passenger in a friend's car and they're constantly having near misses with other cars, breaking road rules, mis-shifting, just generally not seeming like they have control of their car and disregarding anybody's safety. It terrifies me.
    To go on a similar thing to you, I speed along the back roads to my house... Only when it's dark and nobody else is out, though. So, whenever I go out during the day time, and have to stick to the 70km/h speed limit, it feels slow, and I can react a lot faster (or so I feel)
    Daily
    None
    Name
    Sean

I'm a shit driver by my own views, but still beyond most average drivers.
    I think admitting that I'm a bad driver is what helps me improve my driving. Too many people are caught up in this "I'm a good driver" "I've got 40 years experience" BS.
    Daily
    I don't drive daily

Most of my friends say I am a pretty impressive driver, but I have yet to compete on a circuit so I can't say I've been tested.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast