Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How do you consider yourself as a driver?

Daily
    Honda S15

Quote Originally Posted by slo-rida View Post
    had this happen to me TWICE last week.

i take off pretty slow if im not in a rush or woulda been fukin dead. scary shit people not paying attention. t-boned = laters... no side airbags or nothin
    Scary stuff. My S15 structurally isn't a match for a 2 T bull bar equipped vehicle. Fucking Cabra/Canley. Where you from bud?

Quote Originally Posted by lockieoc View Post
    I take driving seriously. I love driving and have a continuous desire to learn more. I maintain a healthy fear with driving and never get to cocky. This is what makes me a good driver and separates me from the brain dead fucktards on the road.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
    Yea fear can actually be a good thing. My fear of crashing and fixing my car / hurting someone else overrides all forms of peer pressure and my ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    To go on a similar thing to you, I speed along the back roads to my house... Only when it's dark and nobody else is out, though. So, whenever I go out during the day time, and have to stick to the 70km/h speed limit, it feels slow, and I can react a lot faster (or so I feel)
    ^ Same. Only time I do anything is when its me solo and no people about.
    S15 T28BB on 9PSI = 1min 10sec @ Wakefield Park
    If you can't be the fastest.
    Be the most entertaining.
    Daily
    corolla
    2nd Car
    corolla

Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    Scary stuff. My S15 structurally isn't a match for a 2 T bull bar equipped vehicle. Fucking Cabra/Canley. Where you from bud?
    Pretty much the melbourne equivalent of cabra/canley if i want to write off my car, it isn't hard LOL just drive normally and don't try to dodge anyone, someone will swerve or turn into you.

when there's two lanes turning... why is it so difficult to stay in your own lane
    Daily
    D22 Brahvara
    2nd Car
    s2 RX7
    Name
    Paul

I have done a lot of racing over the past 20 odd years to say I am pretty fucking good.
    But I am never comfortable on the road. And the second you are comfortable is when you get lazy and you have an accident.

I have been driving with mates and they wonder why I am slower than them through old pac or natio. Yet 2-3 seconds quicker than them at Wakefield. I just never feel comfortable or safe enough to do stuff like that on the street. There is no margin for error going that fast on the street, and I'm not prepared to take that risk.
    isn't paulies motto "i can run faster aroused, than you can scared" - clutch-monkey
    Daily
    A165H
    2nd Car
    D21 2.7D DX 4x4
    Name
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by slo-rida View Post
    had this happen to me TWICE last week.

i take off pretty slow if im not in a rush or woulda been fukin dead. scary shit people not paying attention. t-boned = laters... no side airbags or nothin
    Not always. Really depends on where the other vehicle hits you, among other things.
    I got t-boned by a bus doing roughly 70km/h in a 1990 model Nissan Nomad van, no airbags at all, let alone side ones, and I'm still here. Luckily there was nobody in the front passenger seat, they'd have been fucked. Hit front left, spun the van 180, came within a bee's dick of tipping it over. Came to rest about a foot off the gutter.
    That said, I did cop a couple fractured ribs, severe bruising to my left hip, thigh and knee where the centre console smashed into it, more bruising to my right shoulder and arm from smashing into the window and door, got cut up by flying glass, but nothing too serious.
    Rail it & nail it.
    Hillbilly Deluxe Mk.II, '81 Mitsubishi Scorpion/'96 Nissan Navara 4x4/'81 Yamaha IT250/'83 Yamaha YZ125
    Daily
    Zenki
    Name
    Philip Screw Driver

I went to the RTA in my race suit and helmet, they said i didn't even need to bother with the L's test and gave me my fulls at age 14.
    People need to do more crimes / break and enter / rob banks / rape kids / kidnapping / Murder, until then, car enthusiast and their vehicles are a dangerous threat to the public
    Daily
    1986 MA70
    2nd Car
    1991 E30 318iS
    Name
    Tom

Unless you're improving or want to improve then you cannot be a good driver
    That's not to say that someone who is improving is always a good driver, but it's better than the ones who think they know everything
    Daily
    Honda S15

Quote Originally Posted by bluesprinter View Post
    I went to the RTA in my race suit and helmet, they said i didn't even need to bother with the L's test and gave me my fulls at age 14.
    LOLOL My cousin when he was 14 asked me how to get his L's.

I told him he needs to do some driving lessons, then bring your birth certificate and helmet to the RTA.

"Why do I need a helmet?" he asks

"Because you need to win 3 races in a RTA instructors car and they dont supply helmets"

Believed the whole thing. Until he actually went for them.
    S15 T28BB on 9PSI = 1min 10sec @ Wakefield Park
    If you can't be the fastest.
    Be the most entertaining.
    Daily
    Integra DC5
    2nd Car
    Rx7 FD3S

I havent successfully double clutched like I should. Therefore I'm a pretty poor driver.
    Daily
    1991 180sx
    2nd Car
    Hyundai Getz
    Name
    Lucas Mclellan

im a confident driver and what i mean by that is, i dont have any hesitations and driving in sydney doesnt faze me even though im the coast..
    but i wouldnt say that makes me a great driver. i can control my car in circumstances where my car was to lose control etc.

im abover average but wouldnt say im great
    Daily
    Peugeot 406 Coupe
    2nd Car
    '00 Prelude VTI-R
    Name
    Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    To go on a similar thing to you, I speed along the back roads to my house... Only when it's dark and nobody else is out, though. So, whenever I go out during the day time, and have to stick to the 70km/h speed limit, it feels slow, and I can react a lot faster (or so I feel)
    Exactly. Difference between me and my mates: They speed regularly, in traffic, for the sake of speeding. Bad drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by big fat paulie View Post
    I just never feel comfortable or safe enough to do stuff like that on the street. There is no margin for error going that fast on the street, and I'm not prepared to take that risk.
    This. There's a point where driving fast on the street just becomes stupid, and where no matter how good a driver you are you are still in immense danger of losing control due to unforeseeable events.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesprinter View Post
    My pop drove trucks delivering food since he was 12 in a small town where everybody knew everybody. When it came time for his license it was given to him just the same.