Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How do you consider yourself as a driver?

Daily
    Civic

bad drivers never learn from their mistakes...case in point while im giving a lift to my mate who has copped a 3month suspension, he tries to show me stuff on his phone - while i'm driving. multiple times (not in the one trip).

also tells me stories of how he's done this or that and inside i'm thinking "how do you actually still have a licence". he thinks rules are just not applicable.
    Daily
    Tangara
    2nd Car
    Honda Mirage

I am the record holder at Villawood go karts.

Beat that.
    Daily
    Millenium Falcon

I reckon once you've gone gutter to gutter in a school zone whilst copping a blowy and then snapping the next gear and dropping your whole load in her throat at the same time, you're a pretty good driver.

If you've done the same whilst finger bashing then you're like the sequels to the godfather, ok, not great.
    Fuck whatever you think, it needs aqua tint
    Daily
    SSS N15 s2
    2nd Car
    VT Calais
    Name
    Courtney

I'm a bit less than a year away from my P's but I guess I can still answer this, right? Haha. I've always had a passion for driving so I picked up driving mum's auto really quickly, within two half an hour lessons I was driving in peak hour traffic. I've also had my manual for about 2 months now and I picked that up within 3 or so weeks, although I'm still very cautious on hills that I don't roll back (instead I rev it like sh*t to save myself from going back).
    I have a heavy foot when I drive but I'm cautious and courteous to other drivers, with plenty of room to improve, especially considering I have only been driving for over a year. I think I'm making good progress though.
    Daily
    97 R33 GTR
    2nd Car
    Mazda Rx2

I'm alright. I try not to miss 3rd
    Daily
    LC
    2nd Car
    180sx type x
    Name
    Nick

i think im a decent driver...there are plenty better than me on the road probably always will be...ive had alot more road time than most people generally...been suspended, pulled over by hwp, victim of road rage, victim of chinese dude running red light in a van with a bull bar - hitting drivers side...i'll be honest and say what the ambo's said to me - im lucky to be here alive and without much injury to show...

decent implying...obeying the rules in most cases...maintaining safety of all in my vehicle and around me comes first if i can control that much ive done my duty as a road user...i have no right to impact anothers well being caused by silly actions...

im a novice on the track though...im trying to focus on more track days this year and in 2014...last time i was on track i learnt alot about my vehicle...and want to continue to do so in my new vehicle aquired since then...

we are all constantly learning things about driving and life...the only difference between all of us is our experiences on the roads or not...good or bad, and our attitudes toward driving and life as a hole reflects how we are percieved or are on the road
    Daily
    is250
    Name
    Thomas

i think im a decent driver
    Daily
    B4

My insurance excess has been 1700 for a while. So having that in the back of your mind every day does make you focus a lot more...of course I don't want to crash into someone or something

I dont drive like a nanny either. Just go with the flow and don't be an obstruction on the road..

That's how I stay out of trouble.
    Daily
    s15

NRMA did a survey and the majority of people rated themselves above average.
    Daily
    Toyota

There's a guy with a autech s15, I heard he's pretty good.