Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How do you consider yourself as a driver?

Daily
    I don't drive daily

Quote Originally Posted by Kyon View Post
    0 Accidents ever since I started driving (~10 years ago) Have never ran into anything or been hit by anyone.
    no offense, but you either drive exceptionally slow, or are exceptionally lucky. because stuff happens and sometimes people crash into you.
    Daily
    1986 MA70
    2nd Car
    1991 E30 318iS
    Name
    Tom

Had my first go at sliding tonight.
    I guess I'm alright given that it was a first go, and the car I tried it in is shit for it, and the place was terrible.
    It was good fun though.
    I need a RWD....
    Daily
    b18 ek civic

just got off my p's and bought a 250rwkw s15 and realised i dont take very big risks but have long to learn.
    Daily
    GSXR600
    2nd Car
    FD3S
    Name
    Khoi

Quote Originally Posted by aggro crag View Post
    no offense, but you either drive exceptionally slow, or are exceptionally lucky. because stuff happens and sometimes people crash into you.
    Sorry but that's definitely not true at all - there is always something you can do to avoid an accident. Especially on a bike it doesn't matter who's fault it is- if you're involved in an accident chances are you'll be the one going to Hospital.

You either put yourself in a bad spot, or you weren't paying attention. All of which is avoidable.
    Daily
    MX5

I agree, its all to do with defensive driving and paying attention on the road. I've avoided quite a few potential accidents myself because I always try to put myself in a position on the road which allows me to turn away from a potential collision if it comes to that.
    1. '90 NA6 (sold)
    2. '94 NA8 Clubman (current) - Build thread: http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...-Clubman-Build
    Daily
    I don't drive daily

fair enough, after i posted I thought I should have said exceptionally cautious instead of slow.
    Daily
    RPS13

would be good if someone crashes into type x, insured for 15k
    Sydney, NSW, Australia, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
    Daily
    S13

Quote Originally Posted by Kyon View Post
    Sorry but that's definitely not true at all - there is always something you can do to avoid an accident. Especially on a bike it doesn't matter who's fault it is- if you're involved in an accident chances are you'll be the one going to Hospital.

You either put yourself in a bad spot, or you weren't paying attention. All of which is avoidable.
    I was stopped, focusing on the heavy turning traffic ahead of me at a "Turn left at any time with care" sign and I watched someone (while checking rear view mirror briefly) run into the rear of my car at somewhere between 80-100km/h. Could you please explain how that was avoidable?

Please enlighten me oh holy one, doer of no wrongs, avoider of accidents.
    Daily
    XR6 Ute
    2nd Car
    8MR FQ340
    Name
    Lachlan

Kyon, How's being run up the arse while sitting in traffic avoidable? Staying home perhaps? Or maybe just catching public transport?...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
    Daily
    MX5

I think what the guy meant to say was, you can decrease your chances of getting into an accident.

Obviously there are instances you can't avoid, you guys take it to literally here.
    1. '90 NA6 (sold)
    2. '94 NA8 Clubman (current) - Build thread: http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...-Clubman-Build