Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How do you consider yourself as a driver?

Daily
    Piece Of Shit
    Name
    Mikey

i think that im sex on legs as a driver tbh
    Daily
    Honda S15

Quote Originally Posted by maykosilvia View Post
    Well it's good to see a great response. I asked this question cause I had quite an interesting driving moment when I took a few corners to quickly and induced quite a lot of lift off oversteer in my DC2R. Held it through and my mate shitting himself in the passenger seat told me he hadn't ever seen driving like that commemorated me for it and it got me thinking about how good people think they can drive.

So from that and a few other defining driving moments I like to say I can feel a lot of what goes in my car (comfortable in a fwd so far) and that I'm pretty good atm. But always willing to learn as I realise it's only really started with my n/a vtec fwd monitor. So I really just want to explore all other types of configs like FR, MR and all the best of it!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
    Yea same I wanna try all platforms, cross to the dark side and drive a HSV.

But dont go racing around the suburbs. Your going to have a bad time.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
    S15 T28BB on 9PSI = 1min 10sec @ Wakefield Park
    If you can't be the fastest.
    Be the most entertaining.
    Daily
    S2000 AP1

Me as a good driver = impossibru, because asian driver.

Sent from my potato
    Daily
    Metro train
    2nd Car
    S13
    Name
    Andrea

I generally consider myself a good driver, but lately have made a lot of stupid mistakes and really worry I'm losing it from stress and hormonal changes.

"woman drivers" ha!
    Daily
    2012 Toyota 86
    Name
    Morris Moss

I'm good, for a p-plater with no track experience. Recently went on a putty rd run with the a bunch of 86's and I kept within 20m of them the whole drive, even with economy tires on. But I still have ALOT left to learn.
    Daily
    '08 Liberty GT-B
    Name
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyCharcoal View Post
    I'm good, for a p-plater with no track experience. Recently went on a putty rd run with the a bunch of 86's and I kept within 20m of them the whole drive, even with economy tires on. But I still have ALOT left to learn.
    You sure do.. staying more than 20m from the car in front would be a good start.
    Especially Putty Rd.
    Daily
    E87
    2nd Car
    ZC6
    Name
    Wes

Not that good unfortunately ;C
    Daily
    B4

^ did that P plater do any Touge style driving and overtaking/drifting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKi_GVJbieg
    Daily
    Evo 5
    Name
    Darko

Im shit in terms of high speed driving, people be driving 40 years but put them in a high powered rwd car and lets see them go sideways around a bend without smashing.
    Good drivers are born and bred on the track, you need a place to push your limits and you cant do that on the street, hopefully i hit the tracks this year.
    Daily
    R32 N1 GTR

Pretty good I'd say.
    Learn't manual at 12/13 yrs old. Have taken pretty much all my cars onto a race track at one time or another, and thats where I've learnt the most. Everything from high powered RWD, to AWD to Formula Ford.
    Always get a pro in with me to show me what I'm doing wrong.
    But most of all, have never been the kind of farkwit that thinks they're sh!t hot in a car and drives to impress other.
    To me that is the worst driver on the road, and unfortunately way to many of them on the road.
    Funny thing is, put 95% of those guys on a track and they're either crashing into barriers, crashing into others, spinning every 2nd corner, or all of the above and generally are the worst drivers on track.

I think the other part is, i actually have a genuine interest in driving. I farken love it and have since day dot.
    As a kid the fam would drive from Syd to Melb in the old mans Monaro. He tells me that even at 6 years old, i would be in the front, awake the whole way, copying what he was doing, pedals, steering, gears the lot.

EDIT - Forgot to add, i think a lot also has to do with how you're taught. Sorry to say but if your parents don't give a fark when you're learning or are bad drivers, you're probably going to pick up a lot of bad habits.