Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 112

Thread: NSW - P plate turbo laws - ACTUAL ANNOUNCEMENT: LINK PAGE 1

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Australia NSW
    Daily
    is250
    Name
    Thomas
    Posts
    291

    Quote Originally Posted by JDM-20L View Post
    Cool!

    This makes things a lot easier! fuck those mother fuckers and their blanket V8 + turbo bans
    dam right its Cool ! i can finally drive a turbo... low power turbo LOL
    Someone make a list
  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Daily
    '08 Liberty GT-B
    Name
    Matthew
    Posts
    582

    Agree with the rule but also dont.
    Govt should be making all you young inexperienced P platers doing advanced driving courses
    and once proven you have done that, THEN you can get into a turbo.

    Dont get too excited yet about this tho as its not planned until mid next year and youll find that there will still be restrictions
  3. #23
    New Member W0LF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Daily
    2002 CE LANCER
    Name
    Liam Burnett-Blue
    Posts
    7

    Yeah all stock spec r, are allowed jut under two kw 😊 can finally buy one of my dream cars, and still be on my Ps
  4. #24
    Member Mokey Nagata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Daily
    1986 MA70
    2nd Car
    1991 E30 318iS
    Name
    Tom
    Posts
    591

    Quote Originally Posted by big fat paulie View Post
    I'm pretty sure that p platers arent permitted to modify their cars beyond a cartain extent.
    Yep, any mod that has to be engineered isn't legal.

    Quote Originally Posted by TomThePanssy View Post
    Someone make a list
    So far I've got:
    R32 RB20DET
    FB and FC turbo
    Laser TX3, Familia GTX
    all Celica GT-Fours
    VL Turbo
    like every Volvo ever, specifically the 740/940 turbos as they're RWD

    Feel free to add or remove.
  5. #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Boogs View Post
    Agree with the rule but also dont.
    Govt should be making all you young inexperienced P platers doing advanced driving courses
    and once proven you have done that, THEN you can get into a turbo.

    Dont get too excited yet about this tho as its not planned until mid next year and youll find that there will still be restrictions

    it's a conspiracy
    they want P platers in more powerful cars with less training so the road toll increases and they can justify more speed cameras
    Survived parramatta crew

    Whiteballz diddles pigeons
  6. #26
    Member Mokey Nagata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Daily
    1986 MA70
    2nd Car
    1991 E30 318iS
    Name
    Tom
    Posts
    591

    OK, so about that list of interesting cars...

    http://www.autosnout.com/Cars-KW-Per-Ton-List.php

    They're in order of highest to lowest, so scroll down to 130kw/tonne. Some very nice cars in there. Lots of old V8s like 440ci Plymouths.
  7. #27
    Member chukatsung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    12' Lancer Ralliart
    2nd Car
    00' IS200
    Name
    Dennis
    Posts
    590

    Hmm, Current Lacner Ralliart will be P Plate legal too.

    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post

    it's a conspiracy
    they want P platers in more powerful cars with less training so the road toll increases and they can justify more speed cameras
    Interestingly that's the first time that I thought.

    Also a few cars that will be quite interesting to see the price after the implementation,

    Lexus IS 350 3.5 V6 - [2006]138.8 kw per ton
    Toyota Celica GT Four ST205 - [1994]136.8 kw per ton
    Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE - [2008]136.1 kw per ton
    Lotus Elise S2 1.8 111S - [2002]135.2 kw per ton
    Alfa-Romeo 147 GTA - [2002]134.8 kw per ton
    Honda NSX 3.0 V6 Auto - [1998]132.9 kw per ton
    Mitsubishi FTO 2.0 GPX - [2000]131.1 kw per ton
    Last edited by chukatsung; 08-08-13 at 12:32 PM.
    I make vinyl stickers!
    PM me for details
    Or Click here to visit my Facebook page
  8. #28
    Member chukatsung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    12' Lancer Ralliart
    2nd Car
    00' IS200
    Name
    Dennis
    Posts
    590

    So close - Honda Integra 2.0i VTEC Type R DC5 - [2001]129.4 kw per to
    I make vinyl stickers!
    PM me for details
    Or Click here to visit my Facebook page
  9. #29
    Moderator Biggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sydney Yo
    Daily
    Boss Baller 180sx
    2nd Car
    sil80
    Posts
    2,795

    man you p platers got totally boned

    that said power to weight is a much better common sense approach - i hate how they are sensationalizing it as a back flip raher than just using some common sense

    there is no reason you cant drive a audi a4 with the tfsi motor slower than the v6 vertion thats legal or example

    alternately my Mercedes ml430 4X4 is also not p plater legal currently but is as slow as sin

    they initially did the no turbos no v8's period as it was easier to enforce rather than having to check each car is legal on a list - i wonder how they going to enforce it

    i wonder how they are going to do the list aka are they going to put each ca down as legal? make a list of cars your not allowed to drive? what do you do if the car is not on any of the lists aka random ass imports

    still its a step in the right direction
  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NSW
    Daily
    S2000 AP1
    Posts
    143

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    man you p platers got totally boned

    that said power to weight is a much better common sense approach - i hate how they are sensationalizing it as a back flip raher than just using some common sense

    there is no reason you cant drive a audi a4 with the tfsi motor slower than the v6 vertion thats legal or example

    alternately my Mercedes ml430 4X4 is also not p plater legal currently but is as slow as sin

    they initially did the no turbos no v8's period as it was easier to enforce rather than having to check each car is legal on a list - i wonder how they going to enforce it

    i wonder how they are going to do the list aka are they going to put each ca down as legal? make a list of cars your not allowed to drive? what do you do if the car is not on any of the lists aka random ass imports

    still its a step in the right direction
    They already have moderately powered vehicle exemptions in NSW. You have to apply to the rta, if it satisfies their requirements you get an exemption letter saying your car is a nugget and you have to present the letter to the popo if they ask. I think people in QLD might be able to chime in on how they get an exemption for imports, I'm guessing that they contact the manufacturer to get power and curb weight specs then give it to the rta.

    The exemption is kinda crappy though because you can't test drive a car legally unless you want to pay the RTA and wait 1 week to test drive it.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •