Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: NSW - P plate turbo laws - ACTUAL ANNOUNCEMENT: LINK PAGE 1

Daily
    '08 Liberty GT-B
    Name
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by maykosilvia View Post
    lol what the hell is wrong with N/A, people?
    Lots.
    Daily
    D22 Brahvara
    2nd Car
    s2 RX7
    Name
    Paul

So many NA s13's will be worthless again. Better sell up now kiddies.
    isn't paulies motto "i can run faster aroused, than you can scared" - clutch-monkey
    Daily
    '08 Liberty GT-B
    Name
    Matthew

They're worth nothing anyway aren't they?
    Daily
    D22 Brahvara
    2nd Car
    s2 RX7
    Name
    Paul

They are worth fuck all, but the percived value due to P plater tax bumps it up.

They go for more than DET ones a lot of the time.

Mate had his SR20DET one for sale for $8K for a long time and no interest. Threw a DE in that he had lying around and sold it for $10K in a week.

In reality. I am just mad that my R33 will still be an worthless POS.
    isn't paulies motto "i can run faster aroused, than you can scared" - clutch-monkey
    Daily
    S2000 AP1

Quote Originally Posted by Boogs View Post
    Update - this is due to be rolled out in January as confirmed.

*awaits people who say yeah i can drive turbo only to find out its still restricted*
    Did you get anymore details about what its gonna be like? eg door restriction (like stupid Vic where less doors = racecar), weight restrictions?
    Daily
    '08 Liberty GT-B
    Name
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Roger999 View Post
    Did you get anymore details about what its gonna be like? eg door restriction (like stupid Vic where less doors = racecar), weight restrictions?
    The new law has come in basically to let "low blow turbocharged/supercharged cars" not be illegal.

An exemption from the prohibited vehicle condition may be granted if:

A prohibited vehicle needs to be driven for genuine employment purposes.
    Eight or more cylinder 4WD vehicles are required by country drivers who have no practical alternative.
    You can prove direct ownership of a prohibited vehicle prior to the start of the scheme or before an overseas/interstate licence transfer.
    The vehicle is a moderate-performance turbo/supercharged engine vehicle.
    For Moderate-performance turbo/supercharged vehicle exemptions an exemption is given to vehicles under 100kw/t and to vehicles between 100kw/t and 125kw/t if they weigh over 1410kgs and have less than 165kw of power.

Note: NSW provisional licences issued prior to 11 July 2005 were not conditioned. However, the condition will be applied if the provisional driver is disqualified for an offence committed on or after 11 July 2005. In these instances, the provisional holder may be granted an exemption if they can prove direct ownership of their current vehicle at the time of the offence that led to the disqualification.

Examples of moderate performance turbo/supercharged vehicles that are eligible for exemption include:

Alfa Romeo 1368cc Giulietta
    Audi 1197cc and 1390cc (90kW) A1
    Audi 1390cc A3
    Audi 1798cc A3 and A4
    Audi 1984cc Q5
    Citroen 1598cc C4 1.6L
    Fiat 875cc, 500 Twin Air
    Fiat 1368cc, Punto and Rimto
    Holden 1400cc Cruze
    Mercedes-Benz 1595cc B180, B200
    Mercedes-Benz 1796cc E200, E200K, E250, C180, C200, CLC200, C230, C250
    Mercedes-Benz 1796cc SLK200, SLK200K, SLK250, CLK200K
    Peugeot 1598cc 308 Series 1.6T XSE and(115kW)RCZ
    Saab 1988cc 9-3 Linear, and Vector
    Skoda 1798cc Superb 1.8 TFSI and Octavia 1.8 TFSI
    Skoda 1197cc Fabia, 1390cc Fabia(1.4)and Yeti
    Volkswagen 1390cc Golf 90TSI and Golf 118TSI
    Volkswagen 1984cc Tiguan 125TSI, 132TSI, 155TSI and Passat 147TSI
    Volkswagen 1197cc Polo 77TSI

And add Ford Ecoboost, Focus etc to the list as well as legal.

As currently taken from the RMS website and naturally will need to be updated as those cars will now be legal and no exemption.

Cars like R32/R34 Skylines turbos, S-Chassis turbo Nissans, Mitsubishi Lancer GSR/EVO/ Suby WRX/STI/etc all will be continued to be banned.
    As for V8's, well the same restrictions will apply. 130kw/tonne, weigh under 1410kg and have less than 165kw. So any new V8 will be still on the banned list.

So basically what sums it up is this

-130KW/Tonne, (changed from max 125/tonne on website)
    -weigh under 1410kg,
    -and have no more than [email protected]

Also a lot of older cars that were on the list that come under that restriction may now be legal.

If its over that, they'll need an exemption.
    Also, some diesel turbocharged/V8 cars will now be illegal. Audi Q5 Twin turbo diesel is one, cos really power to weight is over 130kw/tonne.

That is my understanding so far from it all, however its only just been announced that it is coming in from January and no doubt that HWP will need to meet with the RMS to get a proper run down so we/they know whats black and white etc etc.
    Daily
    S2000 AP1

The new law has come in basically to let "low blow turbocharged/supercharged cars" not be illegal.

And add Ford Ecoboost, Focus etc to the list as well as legal.

As currently taken from the RMS website and naturally will need to be updated as those cars will now be legal and no exemption.

Cars like R32/R34 Skylines turbos, S-Chassis turbo Nissans, Mitsubishi Lancer GSR/EVO/ Suby WRX/STI/etc all will be continued to be banned.
    As for V8's, well the same restrictions will apply. 130kw/tonne, weigh under 1410kg and have less than 165kw. So any new V8 will be still on the banned list.

So basically what sums it up is this

-130KW/Tonne, (changed from max 125/tonne on website)
    -weigh under 1410kg,
    -and have no more than [email protected]

Also a lot of older cars that were on the list that come under that restriction may now be legal.

If its over that, they'll need an exemption.
    Also, some diesel turbocharged/V8 cars will now be illegal. Audi Q5 Twin turbo diesel is one, cos really power to weight is over 130kw/tonne.

That is my understanding so far from it all, however its only just been announced that it is coming in from January and no doubt that HWP will need to meet with the RMS to get a proper run down so we/they know whats black and white etc etc.
    I don't get what you are saying about the weight rule. Do you mean it's going to stay the same in that only cars over 1410kg will be allowed to have upto 130kw/tonne? If that's the case there's no point changing it because with a 165kw limit and cars limited to over 1410kg you can only have a maximum of 117kw/tonne anyway.

That 1410kg weight restriction would have to be removed to make the Ford Fiesta ST Ecoboost legal.
    Ford Fiesta ST:
    1197kg
    134kw
    = 111.9kw/tonne
    200SX ADM s15
    1284kg
    147kw
    =114.8kw/tonne
    So if a Fiesta ST gets allowed, the 200SX would go through as well.

That is unless you're referring to the 1.0L ecoboost Fiesta which is like 84kw/tonne and you could already apply for the exemption since early 2013.
    Daily
    '08 Liberty GT-B
    Name
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Roger999 View Post
    I don't get what you are saying about the weight rule. Do you mean it's going to stay the same in that only cars over 1410kg will be allowed to have upto 130kw/tonne? If that's the case there's no point changing it because with a 165kw limit and cars limited to over 1410kg you can only have a maximum of 117kw/tonne anyway.

That 1410kg weight restriction would have to be removed to make the Ford Fiesta ST Ecoboost legal.
    Ford Fiesta ST:
    1197kg
    134kw
    = 111.9kw/tonne
    200SX ADM s15
    1284kg
    147kw
    =114.8kw/tonne
    So if a Fiesta ST gets allowed, the 200SX would go through as well.

That is unless you're referring to the 1.0L ecoboost Fiesta which is like 84kw/tonne and you could already apply for the exemption since early 2013.
    No the cars have to be under 1410kg. Over that weight you need an exemption if its under [email protected]
    Fiesta ST should be ok cos its 112kw/tonne, weighs less than 1410kg and not high performance.
    Even tho the 200SX is same power to weight pretty much, it won't be legal cos its deemed as high performance vehicle.

See the loophole and the confusion?
    That is what is going to catch people out.

As for the Ecoboost Fiesta, you wont need an exemption now like the rest of the cars on that list as they will be 100% legal.
    Daily
    Size 11 Havianas
    2nd Car
    no
    Name
    K

Well I am confused as a fat bitch with a salad... But I'm guessing it'll all be a lot clearer (or not) once announced.

Not that it affects me, but I just wish my other half would get off her fucking P's...
    Daily
    S2000 AP1

No the cars have to be under 1410kg. Over that weight you need an exemption if its under [email protected]
    Fiesta ST should be ok cos its 112kw/tonne, weighs less than 1410kg and not high performance.
    Even tho the 200SX is same power to weight pretty much, it won't be legal cos its deemed as high performance vehicle.

See the loophole and the confusion?
    That is what is going to catch people out.

As for the Ecoboost Fiesta, you wont need an exemption now like the rest of the cars on that list as they will be 100% legal.
    You're confusing me. So before only cars over 1410kg are allowed upto 125kw/tonne, now only cars under 1410kg will be allowed 130kw/tonne. Meanwhile boats over 1410kg will need an exemption if it is under 165kw?.....

What will deem vehicles as "high performance"?

EDIT: EP82 starlet GT time!