Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Scary Video Games.

Scary Video Games.

I understand there is a thread dedicated to 'Video Games' yet the last few pages was just all talk about PS3 being repaired by warranty...

Anywho.

Through out your gaming experience whether you were young, home alone or just plain soft, did you come across a game/games that just took longer to complete cause you waited for a friend to be around, or slowly took your time crouching/walking, being that one bit more ready for a demon/zombie/alien to jump out and to be sprayed upon with your arsenal?

1st "Scary" Game for me.
    My next door neighbor who owned a pretty sweet PC back in the day, Invited me to try Diablo for the 1st time, now i must of been 10 years old or close, saw the demon like head on the cover and thought 'sweet, ill go for it.'

Choose your character, of course being a brute child i went with the warrior
    Found my way down the 1st level from the church, bloody little minions running out from the dark at all angles scraping at my ankles, "shit where the hell is the brightness control" (maxed out).
    It pretty much had me on the edge of my seat, and by the time i cleared the 1st floor i didnt want to go down to the 2nd level.

Haha man i was a little pussy!

2nd Game
    When i owned my PS1 by 14, i was hooked on buying the playstation mags with the free Demo disks.
    One day i came across one disc with Silent hill, meh went for a try.
    Now still at school, i had to wait till i has finished all my homework before i could play on the console, and by the time i had done my work, had dinner, it would be around 8pm-ish, All dark outside, saving power by not having all the bloody lights on (quoted from the old man) Started off walking through this odd creepy town with all the soot (i thought it was snow att >_<) falling around you, entering the school, and finding out it was either the torch or the weapon to spot/hack the little demonoid childlike 'thing'... man i got messed up nightmares from it!

I would name afew more such like Resident Evil series, Doom series but you dont want to know my essays...

And just 20 min ago after torrenting Dead space finally, i started and new game and 5 min in i actually lept off my chair...

I hope im not the only soft gamer out there haha!

Scotty.
    Daily
    K11 Micra
    2nd Car
    AE86 Levin Coupe
    Name
    Hao

lol man. I played Resident Evil when I was about 10 and I gave up straight away. way too scary for me back then.
    Daily
    CBR1KRR - R27 - IX35

I dont fuck with kirby no more.
    Shits way too scary.
    Daily
    NA8C Eunos Roadster
    Name
    Taz

In Gears of War, the first few times I played the Level with the 'Berserker' with the volume cranked and in a darkened room, this thing comes running at you at mega speed after hearing/sniffing you and you die with one hit...it certainly makes your heart race...

Import Bible PowAAAa import_bible's Avatar
    Daily
    Infiniti G35 Sedan
    Name
    David Nguyen

First scary game must be...resident evil 2, I could not play that game it was way to scary for me.

Parasite Eve, Silent Hill, Dino Crisis were also scary when I played them haha.

Recently the only ones that have scared me is Fatal Frame and Bioshock.
    Daily
    Supercharged MX5
    2nd Car
    R33 S2

The first time I ever jumped out of my seat because of a game was years ago, when playing Half Life.

I was in some dark sewers (or tunnels). There were lots of wooden crates lying around, it was dark with harsh shadows being cast by whatever light source was around, and there were these sort of ticking, gurggling noises...

So with gun drawn I was walking around slowly, just looking around, when suddenly one of those crab things shrieked and jumped up onto my face.

Scared the crap out of me. Then made me laugh for days.

Recently my girlfriend has been the one to scare the crap out of me... Playing Left For Dead coop, we'll be walking along when a smoker grabs her from behind. She then lets out this deafening scream each time... Her scream never fails to scare the absolute shit out of me.

Haha yeah i forgot about Half Life!

zombie / monsters / freaks /etc are no way scary because it isnt real ...

one game that really freaked me out and I couldnt sleep when i first played it was - FATAL FRAME on PS2 ... kinda based on a real Jap story

What a pussy I was !! LOL
    Daily
    RPS13

bio shock freaked me out a bit, its a real awsome dark gothic game
    Daily
    8P S3 + NB8B

My parents used to play 11th hour on PC... dayumn that'd scare the crap out of me when i watched them playing it
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast