Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cars you wished you bought when you had the chance but didn't.

Daily
    Blueberry MX-5
    2nd Car
    A Wild Pokemon
    Name
    Gilbert

Scott's old R32 GTS-25.

The last owner I'm aware that has it is on JDMST but the thread is like 3 years old, still look over the thread from time to time.

and there were about two Suzuki Cappuccino's in NSW that I wanted, a red one from Campbelltown which I went to inspect which was sold that morning I went
    and a dark green one that got sold two weeks ago. Spewing.. Till this day I still want one and wish I got it rather than my MX5 at times so I could turn it into something I'd keep for a long time.
    Especially how you can't import Cappuccino's anymore and the ones that go up for sale are your only chance.
    Daily
    Ford Courier
    2nd Car
    Toyota
    Name
    Vomit

about a year and a half ago.
    Series 2 MX83 cressida Grande.
    Sunroof and perfect leather.
    JZX100 1JZvvti+R154 conversion.
    Clean, fucking clean!
    Came with a shit load of spares, think he wanted $6.5k

Went on holiday for 2 weeks, came back and he had parted it out

It was exactly what i wanted, sunroof, S2, colour combo & all

Looked for another one for years but gave up and bought an x100 instead
    Daily
    na6
    Name
    angelo

When I was looking around for my first car with a budget of $5k there were two cars I wish I had:

1974 Fiat 124 BC
    197x Alfa Romeo GT 2000cc (with no rust!)

ended up getting a Pintara TRX!
    Daily
    gc8 wrx

My mates old GSR evo with a Tomei stroked out evo 3 motor. Fully worked and ran 11's.

Some kid called Rocco on here owns it now, theres a thread in the members section. Was selling it bloody cheap too!
    Daily
    EGB18CR
    Name
    Michael Cuz :)

I wish i bought the JZX100 with the 1JZGE. Went from Swap + cash to just cash and then being too late.

Still think about it right now.. fuck.

PS if new owner/old owner is here. Hook me up with another one/resell. My dream car to own.
    Daily
    NA8C
    Name
    Owen.

About 18 months ago there was a AE86 Levin (think it was kouki gt-apex but it was ages ago so i've forgotten) White/Black Panda Notchback shell on Ebay, the guy incorrectly listed it just as a Toyota Sprinter & for only 3k, it look mint & had everything but a engine & gearbox. I was killing myself to get it, I went psycho & still today I think about how bloody lucky the current owner is, I still wonder what it might look like today.
    Daily
    Peugeot 406 Coupe
    2nd Car
    '00 Prelude VTI-R
    Name
    Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    My second cousin was going to sell my his Series 3 R33 GTR in midnight purple. Twin N1 turbos and 110,000km for $15,000.

No money at the time.
    Daily
    SG9 Forester
    Name
    Daniel

Had a chance to buy a AE86 Sprinter Trueno Black Limited for well under 14K - passed it up because it was missing the original driver's seat and was a bit raggedy - much regret
    Daily
    MX5

I regret not buying a white AE111 with RPF1's that was forsale on jdmst ages ago, I think the old owner was 'DreadAngel' or something along those lines.

Roughly around 1000 kg, you get individual throttle bodies as stock, an lsd, vvt, 165hp, lsd, 4 seats. Would've probably saved alot of money owning that car, seeing as aftermarket parts aren't that readily available for the car and it would be a great daily driver. Just own it, drive it, have fun with it. Way more spacious than an NA, more powerful and roughly as light (with a greater potential for weight shedding).

Might end up selling the NA for an AE111.
    1. '90 NA6 (sold)
    2. '94 NA8 Clubman (current) - Build thread: http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...-Clubman-Build
    Daily
    1996 -soontobepink- civic
    2nd Car
    1977 Civic
    Name
    Ben

Parts not being readily available means you go searching... Means you spend more money :p
    And you end up seeking rare parts, or just parts which in turn are rare, as the care is fairly uncommon. It's like parts for my first gen... If I want anything that was an option, I will expect to pay anywhere between $100 (for something small) to anywhere near 1k (for something big)
    4 doors > 2 doors
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast