Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clutch deals!

Daily
    DC5-R turbo
    2nd Car
    EVO X
    Name
    K.L.S

It's tough to gauge exact power ratings and when they are rated specifically they're not usually accurate. The thing to factor in the most is the torque figure. Just let us know the engine and power/torque figures you expect and we'll provide the best recommendation!
    Triple Nine Automotive (Sydney Retail)
    444 Hume Highway
    Yagoona NSW 2199
    Tel: +61 2 97096020
    Mobile: +61 0405498185

Triple Nine Automotive (Workshop/Performance Center)
    32 Carlingford Street
    Regents Park NSW 2143
    Tel: +61 2 9644 5751

Triple Nine Racing Development (Showroom & Workshop)
    Unit 3/806 Beaudesert Road
    Coopers Plains QLD 4108
    Tel: +61 7 3272 9992

Like us in Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/999-Automotive/300413361297

www.999automotive.com.au
    Daily
    Shitney Broken Trains
    2nd Car
    RWD & Turbo
    Name
    Suuuuuuu tututututuuuuu

Quote Originally Posted by davecarter View Post
    I'm running one of the sprung 6-puck ceramics in mine and couldn't be happier with it. As to be expected with a high-bite clutch, there is a little bit of chatter if you don't bring the revs up but it is getting smoother and smoother all the time with wear. I previously ran an Exedy Organic clutch and this absolutely smokes it. The pedal feel is basically stock but it will happily snap 3rd with not even a hint of slip under full power behind a 230kW RB30. Highly recommend them and will be running Competition Clutches again.
    with the Exedy were you use the homo looking pink pressure plate OR the silver sports pressure plate?

Which comp clutch you running?

Quote Originally Posted by (Locky) View Post
    ANy actual details besides what 'stage' it is

Whats the pressue plate rating and what are they rated to?
    site seemed to not work in half the menus
    LOL that was what I was confused about too.. there's no indication of what "stages" mean
    Daily
    DC5-R turbo
    2nd Car
    EVO X
    Name
    K.L.S

Quote Originally Posted by Type-Rice View Post
    with the Exedy were you use the homo looking pink pressure plate OR the silver sports pressure plate?

Which comp clutch you running?

LOL that was what I was confused about too.. there's no indication of what "stages" mean
    Dave's got the RB stage 4 6 puck ceramic. Previously had the pink plate Exedy.

The stage is a bit confusing but the main thing to focus on is what you are using the car for. If it's a street car with moderate power it's generally best to keep to the organic clutches as they are more street friendly and have more forgiving engagement. If it's for track and has more power the ceramics are a better bet. If it's a street car with high power and big torque you will need to let us know the power figure and we can give you a recommendation. The Stages are a guideline for comparison to other clutches in the market that use that rating system.
    444 Hume Highway
    Yagoona NSW 2199

32 Carlingford Street
    Regents Park NSW 2143

Coopers Plains QLD 4108

Like us in Facebook

www.999automotive.com.au
    Daily
    a broken car..

had a stage 2 in an evo 7 for 12 months, thrust bearing centre on the pressure plate cracked in 2 pieces. running 200awkw (so not big power) and launched twice. happened to few other evo guys.

got a replacement after many to and fro with the other dealer after he refused to give refund but i was hesitant so will see how this replacement goes.

clutch pedal feel isn't that great, hill starts if not done properly burn easily and gets smelly.

if you could, i would stay away and go with something else (eg: NPC/Exedy)
    Daily
    DC5-R turbo
    2nd Car
    EVO X
    Name
    K.L.S

I would say that's a very unusual case. 1st negative feedback I've heard but appreciate you sharing it. If you had purchased through us the replacement on anything with an issue is drama free and very fast. Exedy is not a good option for anything warranty related and if you have a look you will find a lot more negative stories about their clutches. We also offer NPC which is always an excellent option for quality, service, and reliability however the price reflects that as well.
    444 Hume Highway
    Yagoona NSW 2199

32 Carlingford Street
    Regents Park NSW 2143

Coopers Plains QLD 4108

Like us in Facebook

www.999automotive.com.au
    Daily
    Shitney Broken Trains
    2nd Car
    RWD & Turbo
    Name
    Suuuuuuu tututututuuuuu

wow, that's enough to keep me away

my car is making 300+ kWs and get's abused on the track as well as the street.
    Daily
    DC5-R turbo
    2nd Car
    EVO X
    Name
    K.L.S

1 bad review shouldn't keep anyone away. We've sold dozens of clutches now for a range of cars and power from 100kw up to 500kw and nothing but good feedback. This includes track cars and drift cars that see nothing but abuse. Their warranty offers 2 replacement clutches if anything goes wrong. One to replace a failure and another to cover the labor cost for replacement. Hard to match that confidence and support. We'll get some more feedback up here for a wider variety of cars!
    444 Hume Highway
    Yagoona NSW 2199

32 Carlingford Street
    Regents Park NSW 2143

Coopers Plains QLD 4108

Like us in Facebook

www.999automotive.com.au
    Daily
    DC5-R turbo
    2nd Car
    EVO X
    Name
    K.L.S

After looking into the issue with the Evo clutch, we have found that the above customer was offered a replacement clutch and free fitted and given/offered after sales warranty directly from Competition Clutch but refused it. He also had more than 15,000ks-25000ks and still had that offer given as a showing of good faith and customer support. No other company will offer that sort of warranty even after used on track, or that amount of kms done, not even brands like Exedy, ACT, XTREME, NPC, etc...

In this particular case there was a lot of help offered and it was looked into thoroughly by CC USA and in Australia. The support was there without question. Furthermore, this was the only clutch to come up like that and it seems that the incident only had single wave washer used but should have had 2 wave washers. All the evo clutch kits come with 2 wave washers now. The clips are manufactured up to OEM specifications and we have very little problems with them here and in U.S. even though evo clutches are notoriously problematic.

We hope this clears things up a bit and provides some background info for the 1 issue mentioned so far.
    444 Hume Highway
    Yagoona NSW 2199

32 Carlingford Street
    Regents Park NSW 2143

Coopers Plains QLD 4108

Like us in Facebook

www.999automotive.com.au
    Daily
    a broken car..

thanks for confirming 999

there is actually 2 cases with same fault (may be bad batch problem) as both were purchased at same time but also alot of other cases of clutches lasting no more than 10,000km, all evo related so only need to see the large thread on evooz forum about it.
    the other fella with the same issue i spoke to refused to accept replacement but i gave the company and the clutch another chance to prove me wrong.
    we'll see how it goes but so far it isn't looking good as clutch pedal has starting to feel funny even with clutch pedal adjustment.

only time will tell.

just a note, competition clutch market their stage 2 clutches "for modified cars that see weekend track use or aggressive street use" they should not in any way deny any warranty claim as covered by ACCC as the product is not fit for purpose as claimed by the manufacturer.
    my clutch lasted 14 months, which is not a very long time at all for a clutch that is daily driven.

may be an issue with 4WD only as it does put alot more strain on drivetrain components. just leaving my feedback for others to consider with the experience i personally had.
    no dramas with after sales support, only the actual product. oh and the broken clutch is still sitting at the workshop waiting for collection, maybe it is a common issue as they don't want it haha
    Daily
    DC5-R turbo
    2nd Car
    EVO X
    Name
    K.L.S

Thanks for the reply mate

Those are the only 2 issues they have had so far with so many clutches that have been sold for evo here in AU and comparison to amount sold in U.S with very low warranty claims. Please keep in mind the volume of sales on these clutches especially in the US are huge. Even with massive volume of clutches in use, the issues are few and far between.
    444 Hume Highway
    Yagoona NSW 2199

32 Carlingford Street
    Regents Park NSW 2143

Coopers Plains QLD 4108

Like us in Facebook

www.999automotive.com.au
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast