Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Cambo's '91 Honda NSX project

Daily
    FT86
    Name
    Elliott

Im excited by this project! Are you stripping the paint yourself? And why the masking on the edge of panels like the boot? Is that to keep the underside from getting stripped?

Love it so far.
    Honda S2000 - Type 2 class record holder: Wakefield Park 1.07.00, Eastern Creek 1.46.3 NA 2.0 stock motor
    Daily
    CD5 Accord|Merc Sprinter
    2nd Car
    NSX / DC2R
    Name
    Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by MAD828 View Post
    Im excited by this project! Are you stripping the paint yourself? And why the masking on the edge of panels like the boot? Is that to keep the underside from getting stripped?

Love it so far.
    Thanks
    Yes, doing all of the dismantling and stripping myself along with some help from friends. The masking is for exactly what you said, however I am considering stripping both sides of the panels now anyway. Normally you'd just sand the edges before paint however this may be too aggressive on the aluminium panels.
    I'll also be reassembling the car mostly myself but with assistance where required
    CW DC2R | NSX Build | CBR1000RR | Instagram

Not often you see an NSX build thread on here... Too Cool! It's a nice story on how you came to be an NSX owner too, good read man.

I wish you good luck with the project dude, I'll be checking in to follow your progress!
    Daily
    EK4
    2nd Car
    AE112
    Name
    Renel

Gonna sub to this. Saw your mint dc2r at the ClubITR meet... very keen to see how the nsx goes
    Daily
    E87
    2nd Car
    ZC6
    Name
    Wes

You cannot explain how much jelly is going through me. . .
    Damn lucky man . . . did you uncle sell it to you at a lower market price?
    I would love to own a nsx in the near future
    Daily
    CD5 Accord|Merc Sprinter
    2nd Car
    NSX / DC2R
    Name
    Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by ATMOSR View Post
    Not often you see an NSX build thread on here... Too Cool! It's a nice story on how you came to be an NSX owner too, good read man.

I wish you good luck with the project dude, I'll be checking in to follow your progress!
    Cheers Glad you enjoyed the story. I still find it cool to think back to that first drive.

Quote Originally Posted by eeko View Post
    Gonna sub to this. Saw your mint dc2r at the ClubITR meet... very keen to see how the nsx goes
    I saw your cool EK too Mad... My mate I was with loves EK's hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmonkeyman View Post
    You cannot explain how much jelly is going through me. . .
    Damn lucky man . . . did you uncle sell it to you at a lower market price?
    I would love to own a nsx in the near future
    The price was a bit better than market value however I'll probably spend the difference many times over with this project. It's a car I want to keep for a long time, hopefully in my garage / collection forever!

Still is & will always be my dream car. Well done sir! You seem to be nice & humble too. Really like how you have matching cars (Honda theme) & bike.
    Daily
    06 STi
    2nd Car
    Dream of an NSX
    Name
    James

NSX - my dream car, always has been and always will be. I'd love to see this in the flesh when it's done. Subbed.

I now need to go and change my soiled pants.
    Daily
    Mazda RX8
    2nd Car
    Mazda6
    Name
    Tim

How many ppl had the yellow NSX-T poster on their bedroom wall? I think mine is still up in my old bedroom at the folks house. LOL!
    Looking forward to more updates
    Daily
    CD5 Accord|Merc Sprinter
    2nd Car
    NSX / DC2R
    Name
    Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by MR2QIK View Post
    Still is & will always be my dream car. Well done sir! You seem to be nice & humble too. Really like how you have matching cars (Honda theme) & bike.
    Thanks for the kind words I've always looked at other people's interesting build threads and hoped one day I could share something cool of my own. It's going to be a long and challenging journey!

Quote Originally Posted by jdmr288 View Post
    NSX - my dream car, always has been and always will be. I'd love to see this in the flesh when it's done. Subbed.

I now need to go and change my soiled pants.
    Haha! As long as you don't soil them in my car But yes, I'll definitely get the car to some meets and events. So looking forward to just being able to drive it on the road again.

Quote Originally Posted by tim33h View Post
    How many ppl had the yellow NSX-T poster on their bedroom wall? I think mine is still up in my old bedroom at the folks house. LOL!
    Looking forward to more updates
    I have a few original NSX Brochures from dealers and motor shows etc. I remember the Imola Orange NSX-T they had at the Sydney Motor Show one year. Probably 2005? I still thought the NSX looked cool even as a 14 year old shape.

Updates this weekend hopefully!