Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rys S14

Daily
    Sunday Model C
    2nd Car
    1J MX83
    Name
    Jacob

Looks killer man! Wing looks great, pair of rear pods would make it complete I reckon.
    Daily
    Fourteen
    Name
    Ry Kirley

Been a while since I posted!
    Few things have happened since then. Most importantly I actually went and got my full License so I could start driving the car *yay*
    After haunting the internet, I found myself a JDM Kouki rear bar which I was pretty stoked about.

Now that the car was getting driven daily, I wanted to make sure it was in good health so I paid a visit to Unigroup out in Girraween to have a run of health carried out.
    Thankfully the compression came back good, and there were no major issues, which acted as a green light to put some coin into it. The main issue involved the driver side loom in the wheel arch. It had severed a wire resulting in the Alternator light appearing. With the damaged wires repaired, loom tucked and the arch re-lined the issue was resolved. However I think a more daily suitable alignment is just about due.
    Anyway, I've always preferred a double DIN headunit to a single. The one in the car was also starting to look a little dated.

This is how the car is sitting now.

That's about where I'm at for the time been, like everyone else here I have a pretty extensive list of things I want to buy for the car. With any luck I'll have some more goodies soon!
    Last edited by -ry; 01-09-14 at 07:46 PM.
    Daily
    There

Looks awesome Ryan

Btw, what's that little thing in the top right hand corner of the windscreen?
    Daily
    Fourteen
    Name
    Ry Kirley

Thanks Tuan!
    That's the microphone that came with the headunit haha, kinda lame eh.
    Daily
    Fourteen
    Name
    Ry Kirley

No updates, just a few flicks my mate was kind enough to grab for me. Everyone who has ever owned a car in Sydney needs a photo at Homebush.. right?

Last edited by -ry; 25-10-14 at 06:12 PM.
    Daily
    Fourteen
    Name
    Ry Kirley

It's been a second since I last updated my thread. I haven't had anything too riveting to post. I've been searching high and low for some particular parts.
    I had some luck with finding a source to order a Greddy/Trust Gracer lip. Dom down at Garage 88 was a champ and had it in the Country within a few weeks.
    Actually so stoked with the quality of the lip, it seems fairly solid and not flimsy as I would have envisioned.

As tempted as I was to go run that straight to the paint shop and have it sprayed I had to restrain and wait til I land some other body parts that need paint to save some cost.
    I have a next level respect for dudes running Kouki pods. They'd have to be next to impossible to find. I kept pondering the thought of going a fibreglass replica but just couldn't commit as I thought it wasn't a true reflection of the car.
    I persevered and props to "phukt" from this forum I found a genuine set!

I'm still after a few more pieces so the stockpile in my room is just growing slightly out of hand.

Other then these few little things I had Rego due so slapped a set of 15 Stock wheels on, the drive was actually so refreshing as apposed to having the Meisters on. So I've decided to keep them off until I decide on a new tyre set up and alignment.

Last edited by -ry; 25-10-14 at 06:35 PM.
    Daily
    Colt RALLIART
    2nd Car
    R32 V-Spec I
    Name
    Papadopulis

Coming along nicely, what double din did you go with? Looks to be sitting pretty flush with the surround.
    "Speed isn't everything; you gotta look cool on the touge too." - 土屋 圭市
    Daily
    Fourteen
    Name
    Ry Kirley

Thanks for that!
    Yeah the unit sits really nicely, I was pretty happy in that regard.
    It's the Pioneer Avic F950DAB model, been loving having GPS in a unit for once haha!
    Daily
    EP3R
    2nd Car
    EGK20 & S14A
    Name
    David Napoleone

Sexy as! +1 for pods issue, I run rep ones for now but the fitment is shocking, would rather run no pods than rep
    Daily
    Pushy until coppas say so
    Name
    Rory

more updates!!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast