Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rys S14

Daily
    Fourteen
    Name
    Ry Kirley

Rys S14

So, as I briefly mentioned I picked the 14 back up. I kept in contact with the guy I sold it to, then one day he mentioned that it was time to let her go. This may be ridiculous but I've gone through 6 different cars since I sold the 14 and have missed it the whole time.

I sold the 14 as I was defected in it, no major deal it was a simple part clearance required on the ride height and wheels protruding the guards.

Things just got a bit complicated, I paid to have the suspension adjusted as I was pretty young and thought it impossible to wind some coilovers (lmao). As a result I got a phone call letting me know that the car had kissed a "parking stop in the car park" the lip was shattered, and front bar took a beating.

So there I was looking at this car, raised like a dirty 4x4, on stock wheels with a smashed lip and cracked front bar. Nothing crazy, but it squashed it for me. I just wanted a car that looked good and wouldn't see me defected (lmao seriously this is what I thought). I sold the car with an agreement to have the damage repaired.

With the mindset I had I bought a 370z and hated it, great cars just not for me.

I found myself missing everything I had given up, an old Nissan begging for trouble (shocker). I persuaded who's now become a good friend of mine to sell me his 180. Honestly a pleasure to own, he spared no expense on this thing. I threw some aqua tint and led tails at it and I was in love. Unfortunately the right offer came my way and I gave it up, it's in great hands though and has undergone a huge overhaul mechanically.

Next up was a genuine 1 Australian owner evo 8. I picked the car up for peanuts, seriously it was cheap. That had me in the right mindset and I quickly sunk a fistful of coin into it. Evo 8MR tails, evo 9 rear bar, carbon extensions and lip, MR headlights and I managed to get scammed a thousand dollars buying parts for it on a Facebook group (also, lol). I loved the way it drove, so comfortable yet ready for spirited driving. Having 4 doors was a delight in social situations. But. It was yellow. As much as people told me yellow wasn't too bad I just couldn't LOVE it. Coupled with the money I had spent so quickly on it, I just wanted it gone.

Then came a unique change, a civic. I bought this thing for $1500 off the second owners. They loved this thing, kept log books and told me stories of how it was the car they took on their first holiday

I think the thing I loved the most about the civic was how cheap and accessible everything was. Also, there's not much that hasn't been done to a civic before so any concerns I had were quickly answered by a brief google. The mods were pretty basic, it was a D16 so I saw no need to look for power, plus it had a stock exhaust, it was nice to be quiet haha. I picked up a facelift rear bar, facelift tailights, type R rear lip, ek9 wing, ej8 front bar, access lip and tore apart the headlights myself for the CTR look. Mechanically I chucked in a set of skunk2 coils and the obligatory beaks bar and skunk 2 LCAs and ASR subframe braced, topped it with a set of RPF1.

I really liked this car as I had no fear in tearing it to pieces and putting it back together, it seems so insignificant now but I learned how to install coilovers, remove every panel on this thing and roll guards. And, it was cheap. My biggest expense was paint and that was mate rates!

It was back to a sil after that, this time a shape I hadn't tried before. An S15. Long time admirer of these cars so finding one for reasonable money in good shape was a huge deal for me. It had all the kit I wanted minus the spec r gt wing. However was a little rough around the edges

In my opinion the GTR wheels were too big and didn't suit the car at all, the front bar was damaged, headlights starting to fade and the front mount was... pink?

First thing was to strip the FMIC. Then I managed to find someone willing to swap the GTR wheels for a set of SBC RPF1 (S T O K E D)

It was a notable step in the right direction. Then came the GT wing

Followed by the standard yashio tails

I did a few more things to the 15, cleaned up the engine bay massively and repaired the front bar. But I felt like i had achieved what I wanted to and wanted to move on. There was a brief window where I was to own a GTR 32, things fell through though and that wasn't the case. Still chasing an RB I found this tidy 34.

Initially this car SANG to me, it was so so comfortable. The HKS Super dragger exhaust had a nice note yet was silent on slow acceleration. I had the initial "I'm going to do a GTR conversion" mindset that I'm sure every GTT owner has. Deciding to move slightly away from that I picked up this JSAI kit. My first fibreglass purchase, I was pretty nervous I've heard all the stories about FRP and didn't know how it was going to turn out. But honestly the quality was great everything was pretty easy to fit and didn't take heaps of modification. I gave painting the front bar a go myself since I had all the tools already.

I wasn't sold on it, it hung too low for a car that wasn't low. Like it was impossible to drive with it on. I ditched it and went back to the stock bar and picked up a cheap set of wheels, Varrestoens. I then lowered the car and painted the extension kit to match.

I was pretty happy with how it looked at this point but it didn't feel right, fake wheels and fibreglass was an equation I wasn't used to. That's when the 14 was offered up and I didn't think twice.

So, finally. Here we are. I own the s14 again but it is still raised from clearing the defect. The car hasn't spent a night in a garage since I sold it and the paint has copped a beating. The kicker, the meisters had been rashed, buckled and stained by a harsh cleaner

They cleaned up O K

I wound down the coil overs next

Taking shape but the paint... just the paint

I made a decision, I didn't want this car to be a half assed piece of rubbish. It's better then that. I sold the wheels, they were too far gone, I didn't want to drop good coin just to have the same wheels again. So on to stock wheels she went

Then came stripping the body of all the add ons, because it's paint time.

Before paint I had the only dent on the car removed

And that where it's at, looking ugly, naked and on stockies. Waiting for paint this week. I'm not retaining stock colour so I'm a little nervous but I think this is the beginning of what should be a great comeback lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Daily
    JZX100
    Name
    ?

Ohhhhh shit, youve gone through some cars! Hope this highschool sweetheart is the one that takes your heart again.
    Daily
    Bugeye WRX Wagon
    2nd Car
    S2000

Awesome catalogue of cars you've had there in the 2 years!! haha..
    I'm surprised how messed up that paint job looks after a couple of years. I'm always confused to why people struggle to look after their cars.
    Daily
    VFII SS-V Redline
    Name
    Grant

Sweet, nice collection of cars. But S14's are hard to keep away from, I've had a couple myself.

Great back story as to how you've come to own the same Silvia again.

Keep the updates coming.

So many changes hahaha, i guess you don't know what you miss until you try other things! Cool to see it back in safe hands!
    Daily
    Fourteen
    Name
    Ry Kirley

Thanks for the replies guys, good to see there's still a few of you floating around here.

Awesome to be back in the sil, missed it a lot!

The paint falling to decay has kind of a silver lining. Last minute I was able to find a colour I loved and it's currently been painted in. Pretty rare colour and almost certain the only s14 to be painted in it, so exciting times ahead.

Picked up a dmax roof spoiler just in time

Until then...

So exciting!!
    Daily
    Fourteen
    Name
    Ry Kirley

I'll leave this here

Daily
    Fourteen
    Name
    Ry Kirley

Okay so here it is! Really amazed by how well this colour suited my criteria.

Subtle yet definite was what I was searching for. I wanted it to look natural on the 14 yet a definite change if parked up next to another.

So many colours came to mind from the extreme, Midnight Purple III, to the subtle Porsche Lapus Blue.

The end result was Subaru Plasma Blue Pearl. A triple layer pearl released exclusively on a limited run of STI sedans within Australia (hatches were painted in this colour overseas).

A lot of time and effort was poured into this by my mate who polished the job off over 3 days, huge effort.

Daily
    Evo 7
    Name
    Magel

When are you gonna sell this?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast