Thread: Lens repair help!

Daily
    Lancer VRX

Lens repair help!

Hey guys, long story short my 16-35 L II was damaged, the lens broke off the mount (snapped clear off) and a cable connecting the chip to the lens ripped. The glass elements are fine. I brought it into george's camera in the city for a quote ($45) and after a few days of no response I called them up today and was put through to their technician who was a bit rude. He quoted me $560 for parts and labor, says he needs to replace the barrel. I feel like I might be overcharged or something, I have done some research and turns out this has been a common issue with this lens (snapping off the mount) and the people in those threads have all paid less than $200 fixed from Canon (USA). Was wondering if anyone has had similar experience or know of a good place with fair price in Sydney to get it fixed, thanks!

One of the flat cables has been ripped in this photo.
    Daily
    Subaru GF8
    Name
    Stephen

Send an email to Canon with the above pictures and ask them for some guidance on repairing it, they might have a preferred repairer in Sydney they deal with. Good Luck!
    Daily
    Subaru

Send it to Canon Australia in Ryde. Fill out a form online with description and pictures they will email a quote for you. If it is under warranty it would be even better for you

If not under warranty check out www.worksperfect.com.au
    Daily
    A380 then RX7 S7
    Name
    Nick

related question -
    does anyone know a good place for a sensor clean on a 5d2, and approximate costs involved?
    There's something nurking in the shadows