Thread: Thoughts on Furious 7 and Paul Walker?

Daily
    240sx

Thoughts on Furious 7 and Paul Walker?

Hey guys, the new trailer for the next Fast and Furious movie came out recently and I want to get some opinions from the car community. I am really curious, because there are a lot of different opinions and I want to know what actually car enthusiasts think about the subject.

questions like:
    What are your thoughts on the actual trailer itself?
    How do you think the movie will be?
    What do you think the future of the Fast and Furious franchise will be?
    etc.

I personally think that the movie will be the biggest one yet with the most ridiculous action ever. But I feel that the franchise itself is in an awkward position. Paul Walker and Vin Diesel were the face of F&F, so without Paul the franchise does not feel the same. I know Paul would want the show to go on and Universal isn't willing to lose its most popular and money making franchise. But it would suck to see F&F run to the ground with Fast 11 being a complete joke. This is one of the more debatable topics, so its good to see various opinions.

Also give your thoughts on the passing of Paul Walker. I know it was about a year ago, but Paul did have a large impact on the car community.

questions like:
    How did you feel/react when you first heard about Paul's passing?
    Did Paul have any impact or meaning to you?
    How do you think Paul's passing impacted the car community?
    What are your overall thoughts on Paul Walker?
    etc.

Personally Paul had a very big impact on my life, as he was really the main catalyst that sparked my passion for cars. As a kid I looked up to him so to see him go in the way that he did was heartbreaking. I really admire Paul's enthusiasm for cars, he brought a whole generation into car culture. Many people began their car hobby as a result of F&F. Paul being an advocate for cars in general was definitely one of the few actual famous celebrities that had an impact on car culture, with exceptions like Jay Leno. When looking at mainstream media as a whole, not that many people are into cars, people will much rather choose guns and explosions. I feel Paul was definitely someone who helped expanded the car community to wider audiences, so having him gone really sucks.

It is always really cool meeting people who are as interested into cars as I am, there is always so much to talk about and it is always super fun. Most of the people I know that love cars as much as I do came from Paul and Fast and Furious. I just fear that without him there will be less and less car enthusiasts in the future. The car community is such a cool place filled with awesome people, I just don't want so see that decline because kids these days won't have things like F&F to introduce them into the world of cars.

With all the recent Fast and Furious news, and since its been almost a year since Paul Walker's passing, I have been compelled to give back to Paul for all he has done for me. That is why I just created a campaign to raise funds for Paul's charity ROWW. We are nearly halfway done with our goal of 1000, which isn't much but its a lot to me. It will be super cool if you can contribute a couple of buck to our campaign. I figured that some people on the forums would care, because I know a lot of car guys have a lot of respect for Paul Walker and really appreciate him for what he has done. I am just an ordinary guy, there is only so much I can do. Check out the campaign and any help is greatly appreciated

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/g...lker/x/8931044
    Daily
    1996 -soontobepink- civic
    2nd Car
    1977 Civic
    Name
    Ben

F&f7 was meant to be the final part iirc.

Honestly; Pauls passing hit me pretty hard. I didn't believe it at all to begin with. Thought it was a massive hoax. Took a week for it to sink in, and me to believe it was true.
    Similar deal, grew up watching the movies, and loved it. Was one of the things that inspired me to mod cars/ inspired my love for cars.
    4 doors > 2 doors
    Daily
    CITY RAIL

Initial D had a bigger effect on me than FnF series. I took FnF as action movies that revolved around cars, so while Paul Walker's passing is sad it didnt really affect me as much as watching the final episode of Initial D.
    Daily
    To Be Confirmed ;)
    Name
    Cameron

Given that I am only 17 I have grown up with the Fast and Furious Series I am extremely disappointed to see it go, all things must come to an end, unfortunately without exception, but this does not soften the blow of the passing of Paul Walker or the potential end of the Fast and Furious series. However, I am pleased to see that it does not look like the Fast and Furious series is going down without a fight this last movie looks like it could be, in my opinion, the best yet.

*Edit fixed some spelling and realized I missed out the word potential in the sentence "the end of the fnf series " it should have been "the potential end"
    Last edited by SaltireC; 12-11-14 at 07:36 AM.
    Daily
    1996 -soontobepink- civic
    2nd Car
    1977 Civic
    Name
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Glocker View Post
    Initial D had a bigger effect on me than FnF series. I took FnF as action movies that revolved around cars, so while Paul Walker's passing is sad it didnt really affect me as much as watching the final episode of Initial D.
    Would be the case for me, but I didn't start initial d till like last year
    4 doors > 2 doors
    Daily
    1989 240sx Fastback
    2nd Car
    1993 Dodge Shadow
    Name
    Lexi

To be completely honest I grew up with the Fast and Furious series. I loved it, and I still do. I never get sick of watching the movies and it made it all the better than Paul Walker was a genuine car fan and racer in real life. The series is amazing, and regardless of what people think the car community wouldn't really be growing much without it. It peaked peoples' interest in cars and has helped the culture to grow and spread. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but here in America the car culture is becoming something just for older people and classics. The only reason any younger generations are still interested has really come about because of F&F, since emissions regulations, gas prices, and road accidents are scaring people away. Very few people enjoy driving anymore.

As for Paul Walker himself, it still makes me extremely sad to know he's gone. He was a genuinely great person who did wonderful things. I make sure that for any car I have I get a vinyl for it in remembrance on him. He has a big impact, and is a wonderful role model.

As for what will happen to the Fast and Furious series, someone from Universal announced today that there will be at least three more movies, which made be breathe a sigh of relief. I think Paul would want them to go on.
    Daily
    sunday
    2nd Car
    honda
    Name
    hercules boats

I like about It is always really cool meeting people who are as interested into cars as I am, there is always so much to talk about and it is always super fun. Most of the people I know that love cars as much as I do came from Paul and Fast and Furious.
    Last edited by marathonboats; 27-06-18 at 05:52 PM.