Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: s15 upgrading turbo

Daily
    Zenki
    Name
    Philip Screw Driver

20psi is still safe. stock SR will be fine. i mean every other SR now has 250kw atw.. its normal these days. 10 years back 200kwatw was normal. next year it'll be 350kwatw with VE heads that are normal etc.
    People need to do more crimes / break and enter / rob banks / rape kids / kidnapping / Murder, until then, car enthusiast and their vehicles are a dangerous threat to the public
    Daily
    s15

Quote Originally Posted by bluesprinter View Post
    20psi is still safe. stock SR will be fine. i mean every other SR now has 250kw atw.. its normal these days. 10 years back 200kwatw was normal. next year it'll be 350kwatw with VE heads that are normal etc.
    ya also will be changing gearbox lol don't want to do that yet lol 20psi is safe but i use my car everyday . i think 17- 18psi would be better and proberly come with less headaches to also not interested in making that much power.
    Daily
    R31 skyline
    2nd Car
    HR31 coupe
    Name
    Jeremy

There won't be any difference between 18 - 20psi reliability wise. How often do you plan on driving with your foot flat to the floor? You might give it a quick run here and there.
    Daily
    '11 D40 Navara K/C
    2nd Car
    '99 S15 Silvia
    Name
    Sam

I daily drove with 221rwkw @ 20psi for two years. It was fine, don't be a pussy.
    Daily
    s15

i do want to be on the safe side. I don't think my previous owner took care of the car before hand. Now for me to test my luck and run 20psi all day everyday for what reason? like you said quick run here and there is what i do want a responsive turbo with minimal lagg and to look quiet stock. I'm quiet happy to be at 220-230kw any turbo suggestions jez?.
    Daily
    s15

what turbo you running sam?
    Daily
    '11 D40 Navara K/C
    2nd Car
    '99 S15 Silvia
    Name
    Sam

Disco, .64 rear.
    Daily
    VW Amarok
    2nd Car
    S15
    Name
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by s15specrjdm View Post
    that was one of my first choices but been reading around and have seen few dyno charts they seem to be laggy but only good thing is they pull to redline.
    They are not that bad, particularly if you have the smaller rear housing (64). I pretty happy with my response times, if you have it set up and tuned right it's still a very good turbo for an SR
    Daily
    s15

Quote Originally Posted by rusty1 View Post
    They are not that bad, particularly if you have the smaller rear housing (64). I pretty happy with my response times, if you have it set up and tuned right it's still a very good turbo for an SR
    i do agree with you there a not bad turbo. i seem to be leaning more towards a disco or hks gt-ss but then again if im gonna be paying 1.3k might aswell pay abit more and get something better with bit more head room im stuck and cannot choose lol. hows 2871r vs a gt-rs like?
    Daily
    Shitney Broken Trains
    2nd Car
    RWD & Turbo
    Name
    Suuuuuuu tututututuuuuu

boost doesn't blow motors.. it's cylinder pressures that blow motors apart..

i.e. shit tuners.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast