Daily
    VW Amarok
    2nd Car
    S15
    Name
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by s15specrjdm View Post
    . hows 2871r vs a gt-rs like?
    Pretty much the same turbo, some say the HKS GTRS is a better turbo as far as build but to date I haven't seen any evidence that says it is better than a Garrett 2871R
    Daily
    s15

Quote Originally Posted by rusty1 View Post
    Pretty much the same turbo, some say the HKS GTRS is a better turbo as far as build but to date I haven't seen any evidence that says it is better than a Garrett 2871R
    i only read thats it spools bit faster 400-500pm earlier cant really justify the extra cost than just getting a 2871r 52t .64 rusty you seen any sr20 powerd by hks gt-ss?
    Daily
    E39 535i M Sport

Be a man 3076 ext gate
    Daily
    s15

450rpm earlier? No chance, they're one and the same turbo.
    Cost wise a few hundred bucks isn't worth squibbling over, if you don't have a few hundred available then you shouldn't be doing the upgrade as they never go to budget and stuff always goes wrong.

GT-SS isn't worth the upgrade, 10% more power for all the money you're spending is a waste of money, step it up and give yourself headroom.

Boost wise 20psi is safe, I'm on 25psi all day every day.
    Daily
    s15

Quote Originally Posted by _Wing_ View Post
    450rpm earlier? No chance, they're one and the same turbo.
    Cost wise a few hundred bucks isn't worth squibbling over, if you don't have a few hundred available then you shouldn't be doing the upgrade as they never go to budget and stuff always goes wrong.

GT-SS isn't worth the upgrade, 10% more power for all the money you're spending is a waste of money, step it up and give yourself headroom.

Boost wise 20psi is safe, I'm on 25psi all day every day.

i believe the fan and exhaust housing is different not exactly same dude and i know they spool bit faster than garrett. its not really just 10% gain as my car is at 178kw with fucked turbo i just dont wanna buy the 2871r and hate it cause all honesty i love the power band on the t28bb. i can actually get a new hks gt-ss same price as a disco and heard the gt-ss hold off a lil bit longer in rev range than the disco .Wing you heard much on the pe1420? and as for headroom meh i can just sell the disco wen I get bored of it if i do. 25psi on stock motor? all day everyday? lol how long u had it like that for and u drive it to work and everything?
    Daily
    Zenki
    Name
    Philip Screw Driver

you do realise his max psi is 25..it doesn't mean his car is sitting at the red lights on idle on 25psi.

have you driven any other silvia with a bigger turbo then a t28bb? you should. it'll make things a lot more clear for you, specially one that is tune and done correctly.
    People need to do more crimes / break and enter / rob banks / rape kids / kidnapping / Murder, until then, car enthusiast and their vehicles are a dangerous threat to the public
    Daily
    Shitney Broken Trains
    2nd Car
    RWD & Turbo
    Name
    Suuuuuuu tututututuuuuu

Quote Originally Posted by s15specrjdm View Post
    25psi on stock motor? all day everyday? lol how long u had it like that for and u drive it to work and everything?
    Boost doesn't kill motors, cylinder pressure does.

5,10,15 psi vs 100,200,300,400 psi extra.... you can make the decision

Daily
    s15

Quote Originally Posted by bluesprinter View Post
    you do realise his max psi is 25..it doesn't mean his car is sitting at the red lights on idle on 25psi.

have you driven any other silvia with a bigger turbo then a t28bb? you should. it'll make things a lot more clear for you, specially one that is tune and done correctly.

you do realize he stated him self his on 25psi all day everyday lol jeez... and sadly i haven't been in any silvia with these turbo described most of my mates use tomei.
    Daily
    s15

Quote Originally Posted by Type-Rice View Post
    Boost doesn't kill motors, cylinder pressure does.

5,10,15 psi vs 100,200,300,400 psi extra.... you can make the decision

and bro I left you the other time you gave me your 2cents did i say boost kills motors? Please read over thread before commenting
    Daily
    Shitney Broken Trains
    2nd Car
    RWD & Turbo
    Name
    Suuuuuuu tututututuuuuu

Tomei ARMS turbos are junk.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast