Thread: s15 upgrading turbo

Daily
    Shitney Broken Trains
    2nd Car
    RWD & Turbo
    Name
    Suuuuuuu tututututuuuuu

Quote Originally Posted by s15specrjdm View Post
    and bro I left you the other time you gave me your 2cents did i say boost kills motors? Please read over thread before commenting
    "25psi on stock motor? all day everyday? lol how long u had it like that for and u drive it to work and everything?"

it was in reference to that...

anyhow your 220kW goal is achievable if you switch over to E85, change the stock actuator to a 1bar item and pump through the stock T28BB around 1.2bar all the way to redline.. the stock actuator is too weak and the gate blows open towards the redline otherwise.
    Daily
    s15

Quote Originally Posted by Type-Rice View Post
    Tomei ARMS turbos are junk.
    that i agree lol
    Daily
    s15

Quote Originally Posted by Type-Rice View Post
    "25psi on stock motor? all day everyday? lol how long u had it like that for and u drive it to work and everything?"

it was in reference to that...

anyhow your 220kW goal is achievable if you switch over to E85, change the stock actuator to a 1bar item and pump through the stock T28BB around 1.2bar all the way to redline.. the stock actuator is too weak and the gate blows open towards the redline otherwise.
    what brand actuator you recommend I should look at?
    Daily
    Shitney Broken Trains
    2nd Car
    RWD & Turbo
    Name
    Suuuuuuu tututututuuuuu

if you're into brand names, a HKS one
    if you don't care and just want something that works, a Kinugawa one is good as it offers adjustments with different spring combinations.
    Daily
    VW Amarok
    2nd Car
    S15
    Name
    Phil

They are not expensive so HKS actuator I would go if you are upgrading the turbo.. TBH, you should go for a drive in a couple of SR's with bigger turbos and decent tunes to see what you would like. For me, the 2871r suits my needs. I know quite a few guys with bigger turbos and have been in their cars, but they also come with there own problems, ie , gearbox reliability, head reliability and diff ..
    Daily
    180sx
    Name
    Tom

I don't know about the actuator blowing open. I think the turbine wheel is just not big enough to flow more than 15-ish psi on a T28BB.

220kw should be doable though, with E85 and cams.
    Daily
    E39 535i M Sport

What's the point of stuffing around with e85 for only 220kw? As said before you should be not far from there with the stock t28bb.

If you only want a little turbo just get a 2871. It's the same as a standard turbo but will hold 20psi to red line. You can even get an so front cover for it so you can use all your standard bits. Direct bolt on.

In all seriousness all the little turbos mentioned are pretty much the same shit. *flame suit on*
    Daily
    Starlet

My S14 made 225rwkw on E85 with 16psi....for around 2 months before the turbo shat itself. Then I went 2871r and made 270rwkw with 17.7psi on e85.

Don't waste your time, get a 2871R. I was making 9psi at around 3100 RPM.
    Daily
    Shitney Broken Trains
    2nd Car
    RWD & Turbo
    Name
    Suuuuuuu tututututuuuuu

Quote Originally Posted by sw1fty View Post
    I don't know about the actuator blowing open. I think the turbine wheel is just not big enough to flow more than 15-ish psi on a T28BB.

220kw should be doable though, with E85 and cams.
    boost holds a bit better towards the top with a better actuator..

I've seen on several S15 boost will taper from 1.3bar down to 1bar after peak torque, however with a better actuator you can hold about 1.15bar - yes it isn't much but every bit counts when you're trying to put down numbers on the dyno

At the end of the day, not everyone can afford a full race manifold & a BW turbo
    Daily
    Shitney Broken Trains
    2nd Car
    RWD & Turbo
    Name
    Suuuuuuu tututututuuuuu

Quote Originally Posted by OLik View Post
    What's the point of stuffing around with e85 for only 220kw? As said before you should be not far from there with the stock t28bb.

If you only want a little turbo just get a 2871. It's the same as a standard turbo but will hold 20psi to red line. You can even get an so front cover for it so you can use all your standard bits. Direct bolt on.

In all seriousness all the little turbos mentioned are pretty much the same shit. *flame suit on*
    I would buy a Hypergear Turbo, 2871 turbos are old school compared to the offerings now.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast