Precision 4828, do it
    FYG
    Daily
    R31 skyline
    2nd Car
    HR31 coupe
    Name
    Jeremy

If you just want sub 250rwkw. You can't beat the 2871R .63, they're everywhere, tried and proven results. Plus you already have your supporting mods sorted out which is good. You will probably need bigger injectors though. That setup would make for a great street car.

Another good turbo would be the Hypergear ATR28SS1 but that's close to GT3071 flow, with better response. That would make about [email protected] which might be more than you want.
    Daily
    Shitney Broken Trains
    2nd Car
    RWD & Turbo
    Name
    Suuuuuuu tututututuuuuu

SS1 has same response of a 2871
    Daily
    180sx
    Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Type-Rice View Post
    boost holds a bit better towards the top with a better actuator..

I've seen on several S15 boost will taper from 1.3bar down to 1bar after peak torque, however with a better actuator you can hold about 1.15bar - yes it isn't much but every bit counts when you're trying to put down numbers on the dyno

At the end of the day, not everyone can afford a full race manifold & a BW turbo
    lol nice.

I had a T28BB on E85 running 20psi. it would taper to around 16psi at redline, so about 1.1bar actually . Stock actuator.
    Daily
    s15

Quote Originally Posted by JezHR31 View Post
    If you just want sub 250rwkw. You can't beat the 2871R .63, they're everywhere, tried and proven results. Plus you already have your supporting mods sorted out which is good. You will probably need bigger injectors though. That setup would make for a great street car.

Another good turbo would be the Hypergear ATR28SS1 but that's close to GT3071 flow, with better response. That would make about [email protected] which might be more than you want.

got nismo 740 forgot to add in keep the comments comming still can't decide lol
    Daily
    VW Amarok
    2nd Car
    S15
    Name
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Type-Rice View Post
    I would buy a Hypergear Turbo, 2871 turbos are old school compared to the offerings now.
    SR20's are old school, the motor was designed 25 years ago
    Daily
    VZ Commodore
    2nd Car
    Nissan s14
    Name
    Neal

i got pretty much the exact same mod list on my s14 and it made 220kws at 15 psi which is more then enough power for most people, plus keeping it simple
    doesn't give u problems like blowing clutches gearboxes diff's etcc pending on how much abuse is given.

mate, i have an S15 AUDM with a Disco on it, I run 19PSI and it puts out 220-230kw at the treads. I usually take public transport to work, but I drive it to work on occasion and its fine, feels like any other car, solid response and fine in stop start traffic. for every day driving it has more than enough power, and since its low mount doesnt intrude in the engine bay at all. has a solid ramping boost curve and its plenty of power ! i'm guessing 99% of the driving you'll be doing is traffic anyway so why bother with a big ass turbo? anyway my 2c...
    Daily
    Shitney Broken Trains
    2nd Car
    RWD & Turbo
    Name
    Suuuuuuu tututututuuuuu

Quote Originally Posted by rusty1 View Post
    SR20's are old school, the motor was designed 25 years ago
    so old school bolted together with some new school you have something you can be content with.

Considering the price of a 2871R turbo is similar to a local offering with a billet wheel - it's logical to go with something modern and that is also bolt on.
    Daily
    E39 535i M Sport

cant believe it. 5 pages about a bolt on. i wonder how many forum members it takes to change a light bulb.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast