Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Too's Slowwwww ED Civic Build, B-Series install begins pg.17

Daily
    01 s2k
    Name
    Todd Higgins

Not sure if you're a member on ozhonda but a user alexxx did a carby to efi k series swap. Obviously engine wise it's different but from memory he got a tank, fuel lines and all that associated stuff, efi engine harness and a few bits and bobs. He goes through the whole process in his thread.
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

Quote Originally Posted by toddxxx View Post
    Not sure if you're a member on ozhonda but a user alexxx did a carby to efi k series swap. Obviously engine wise it's different but from memory he got a tank, fuel lines and all that associated stuff, efi engine harness and a few bits and bobs. He goes through the whole process in his thread.
    Hey buddy thanks for the lead, I'll look into it.
    I'm really curious about staying carby but using a different engine. For example, a B18 with carbs, and I'm just wondering if its possible avoid the associated problems with converting a carby car to EFI by simply using a modern engine but keeping the carb fuel delivery.
    Daily
    Rust bucket

if you want EFI in your car you can just use the cabin harness + tank from a 88-91 CRX.

You'll need to swap all the soft fuel hoses to EFI hoses + clamps and you can run a inline clamp style EFI fuel filter (off a pulsar). That's much easier than swapping all the lines inside the car to the EFI ones.
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifty View Post
    if you want EFI in your car you can just use the cabin harness + tank from a 88-91 CRX.

You'll need to swap all the soft fuel hoses to EFI hoses + clamps and you can run a inline clamp style EFI fuel filter (off a pulsar). That's much easier than swapping all the lines inside the car to the EFI ones.
    It was only a matter of time before you swooped in dropping wisdom bombs on this thread. Thanks again Grifty.
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

Here's something that I read a while ago, the story goes that wrapping the bushing that sits between the the end of the clutch cable and clutch fork in wire prevents it from deforming, giving a more solid and direct pedal feel. The original method called for using wire but I though that seemed a bit ghetto and kind of annoying if for some reason you need to remove it.

Here's what I did.

I went to Bunnings and bought a hose clamp( 27mm-51mm), and some of this vinyl hose. I had it in mind to use the vinyl hose to protect for the original rubber bushing from the possible abrasion caused by using the hose clamp to reenforce the bushing.

The first step was to measure the height of the bushing. Once measured a strip was cut. The easiest way, I found, was to draw the measurements on a piece of wood and simply line the edge up and cut along the other marker with a ruler.

After a test fit the hose clamp was wound down to the approximate size.

....once done the unused excess was removed, using a file to smooth the edges.

Before the final install all the mating surfaces were give a good coat in bushing grease, and the hose clamp was tightened down.

Final result: A pretty inconspicuous modification that cost about four dollars. Pedal feel has dramatically improved. There is no longer a delay, or change in pedal feedback. In all honesty it feels like a hydraulic clutch, which is the best someone with a cable clutch can hope for isn't it
    Last edited by Too; 19-04-15 at 10:29 PM.
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

I managed to get hold of some VHT wrinkle paint and started painting the strut brace bar in preparation for all the suspension components being reinstalled( they're currently at the mechanics getting the bushings pushed out, so it wont be long).

Cleaned up

...in primer

Immediately after the first coats.

...and after about 45-60mins drying(it wasn't the warmest day so it took a while for the wrinkles to appear)

What could be in here?

. . . . . .

CUSCO BRAKE MASTER STOPPER

Here it is all fitted up.

I had planned to spray it in the VHT wrinkle paint that I used on the strut brace bar but decided against it since the master stopper was pretty discreet once the intake snorkel was reinstalled, a little of CUSCO bling can be tolerated I guess.

the most recent development...

I bought a BRIDE BRIX seat, and am just waiting for Jesse Streeter to come through with the seat rail so it can be bolted up.
    Currently it has a rail to suit a Mazda RX8, if you know anyone interested in buying it send 'em my way, it'll be cheap.
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

In between things I decided to do that 'ricer thing' and angle my rear wing up a little to see how it looks.
    here's a quick run through.....

Open the boot and you'll see on both sides a pair of acorn nuts, remover all of them and your wing will come free. Be careful since the brake light wiring will still be attached, its easies to just roll it over and rest it on the roof of the car rather than take it off completely.

You can choose how much you want to angle the rear wing up by adding any number of washers to the rearmost stud of the wing, since I just wanted to see how this looked I used a M6 nut that I had at hand.

RICED OUT YO!

You can see the slight difference. I think next time I'm at Bunnings I'll grab a few washers and use them instead( giving a slightly shallower angle) since the added nut(spacer) shortens the stud too much so you cannot sit the original fitting nuts, if that makes sense.

IN OTHER NEWS:

Front end is back together! Front braided brake lines are in! Strut brace is in! Brake master stopper bolted in!
    I just have to go and pick up the DBA slotted rotors and fit the new pads, and then the wheels can go back on!
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

Engine Bay W/ strut brace and brake master stopper installed. Flashy I know!

Here is how the front end stands at the moment.

I think all my parts scrubbing paid off.
    Daily
    1996 -soontobepink- civic
    2nd Car
    1977 Civic
    Name
    Ben

Got a close up of the mc stopper? Can't see it, haha
    How's it change the feel?
    4 doors > 2 doors
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    Got a close up of the mc stopper? Can't see it, haha
    How's it change the feel?
    Hows this? Its pretty tucked away/ tight around there.

Its good to know that the EF9 BMC brace fits right up, it seems a bit of a mystery if thing will fit sometimes since the differences between JDM EF9's and AUD ED_'s aren't well documented.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet as I'm yet to bleed the system out/up......