Black wrinkle that valve cover!

More good progress
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

I was thinking something like this colour

......Just kidding.

I will re-wrinkle it up once a few other more pressing things are completed, like getting it drivable for example
    Last edited by Too; 06-09-16 at 08:04 PM.
    Daily
    Toyota Corolla E12

Nice build man!
    It really is a brother for my civic indeed

Keep up the good work!
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

LITTLE UPDATE:
    So here is how the car stands now. The front end is back together, wheels on. I haven't really finished on front end since I am waiting on the RDA slotted rotors I ordered to arrive(2 weeks ). I was going to run DBA rotors but the cost difference between DBA and RDA discs is pretty staggering.
    I just wanted to get stuck into the next part of the suspension update: swapping over the rear disc/sway bar setup taken from a DA9 Integra.

Don't mind the angel camber going on here. I couldn't be bothered removing the whole trailing arm as I've been a little sick so only really doing bits and pieces on the car when the weathers right.

Here are the compensator and camber arms out and ready to be dropped off to the mechanic have the new Prothane bushing pressed in.

I'm waiting for a couple parts that i've ordered, which has slowed progress, which was already slow, down.
    I had to order a different set of rear LCA bushings from Energy Suspension because it totally slipped my mind that of course the bushings would a different size between Civic and Integra. I need the DA9 LCA to be able to run the rear sway bar as it has mounting points for the linkage. Thankfully it was only the rear LCA bushings I had to buy since the shock mount bushing is the same between the DA9 and ED civic.

In the mean time I've been pottering around doing little things like change spark plugs, engine oil & filter, transmission fluid, AND finally finishing the brackets for my roof rack fairing. Now I'm just tossing up what to make the fairing out of: acrylic, wood, or something else?

I've also succumb to buying a couple of little things in these slow times. This Greddy temp gauge popped up on Ebay at a price too good to pass up . . .

. . . and you cant loose with a JAF sticker on your car.
    Last edited by Too; 22-12-16 at 09:20 PM.
    Daily
    Toyota Corolla E12

Haha those wind fairing brackets look familiar
    Good luck with the disc conversion.

Grtz
    Daily
    Pushy until coppas say so
    Name
    Rory

need more, this is lookin awesome
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

As always a bit of a pic heavy post.

So today I had a little poke around at beginning the most important part of my lower lip: The internal contour template

So the first step was to get some masking tape on the car so I could mark out some reference points to begin taking measurements for the template.

Secondly was to employ my homemade contour gauge, which was unmistakably a collection of skewers sandwiched between two bits of wood.

It took a little finessing to get a good rendering of the curve but finally a template was made.

A little test fitting and adjusting(simply just pushing the cardboard hard into the bumper until it took the contour better)

Second part

Same deal as before, now with the two templates together to form the single curve.

Final outcome

Once this curve has been refined a bit more, I can work towards the centre of the bumper, and once thats done its simply a matter of mirroring the results for the other side.

I'm still not sure what shape exactly I'll go for, here are a couple of guides:

I don't mind this how soft the curve through the width of lip on the Skyline but I also think the slight point in the lip on the KE70/AE71 gives it an aggressive feel; I guess I can always make a full sized mockup out of boxboard and see which style I like best.

EDIT:
    this is another option too: the straight edge
    Last edited by Too; 28-03-15 at 01:42 AM.
    Daily
    Toyota Corolla E12

The first time I see someone trying this kind of lip, I'm looking forward to see the result! Maybe u can make a complete lip out of white paper first, to see a total image?

Grtz
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Noedel View Post
    The first time I see someone trying this kind of lip, I'm looking forward to see the result! Maybe u can make a complete lip out of white paper first, to see a total image?

Grtz
    Yeah I am interested in seeing how it turns out. I will work along the contours and then make a complete template out of boxboard/strawboard before making the final one out of polycarbonate or ABS plastic sheet.
    Daily
    93' R32 GTST
    2nd Car
    00' FBP EM1
    Name
    Joshua

Love the DIY contour tool! Also loving your plans for the lip. Great build, keep it up!