Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Too's Slowwwww ED Civic Build, B-Series install begins pg.17

Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    Only thing is they may be a bit too big for it. The ones on that red car seem a bit too big for it. If that makes sense

But still pretty big. (big in terms of base, shaft, etc)
    I know what you mean, I think most of the finer sized ones are chrome plated but thats nothing a little paint couldn't fix i guess. I'll have a look around.

PS: REAR END IS BACK TOGETHER AND ON THE GROUND!

....also in other news, front discs are on but since I stuffed up and bought the wrong pads I'll be swapping them over tomorrow and then the car is drivable once that and the rear sway bar is bolted up.
    Last edited by Too; 03-04-15 at 03:59 PM.
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

VICTORY!

Here is a car that looks no different from when it went into the 'garage', apart from being a bit dusty and having bits of tape on it, and just generally looking like it hasn't been driven in an age, but is totally different in character now!
    The biggest difference is in the rear end of the car, it feels planted and simply apart of the same car as opposed to slopping around like it used to. Sway bar is noticeable, especially in conjunction with the new trailing arm bushes, which are the biggest bushes on the car.
    The front end somewhat delayed response really makes the FWD feeling feel quite pronounced. I have some 3mm spacers that I might put on sometime and see what difference that makes to the feel of the car.

Brake are bedded in and feel great, pedal feel is firm and progressive. After a small drive the Cusco brake master stopper was tightened against the master cylinder: Pedal feel is excellent, even firmer, and more direct.

Engine feels smoother, and somehow sounds a bit more aggressive; I might take a video. This feeling, in all honesty, is probably thick within the haze of placebo, and happiness that the car is drivable again.

Its hard to really say how different the car feels but I know it is....tighter is a word that come to mind.
    I think my goal of making the car feel more direct to the driver has been achieved in the brake/suspension bushing upgrade. I think the icing on the cake would be some grippier tires, but that will come later.

Obligatory post wash photo.

Comparing first pictures I posted of the car and these how far the car has come is striking: The roof rack has some brackets on it, and the antenna is slightly longer

I thought I'd put up a pic for reference to anyone who was wondering how the BMW bottle-caps fit. Apart from the obvious balloon sized tires I think they fill the stock guards well, not in a hellaflush stance way but just as far as not looking tiny in the guards.
    Here's a pic of the front:
    Last edited by Too; 28-02-17 at 07:58 PM.
    Daily
    Rust bucket

I've come across the fender mirrors when looking at the parts diagrams and I've also seen a set for sale once.

New bushes does wonders on these cars
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifty View Post
    I've come across the fender mirrors when looking at the parts diagrams and I've also seen a set for sale once.

New bushes does wonders on these cars
    Do you have a copy of that parts diagram? I'm really interested in seeing, even if its just a diagram, what they look like as i'd like to keep it as close to that style as possible.

Cheers for your help so far Grifty.
    Last edited by Too; 03-04-15 at 04:24 PM.
    Daily
    JB627
    2nd Car
    DECF28R
    Name
    mrlazy

nice work
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    nice work
    Cheers mate. I took the car out last night for a little drive around, I really can't get over the difference the upgraded bushing have made.
    I would say as far as a first step in modifying a car goes, a bushing upgrade is the most worth while.

These came in the post today.
    3mm slip on spacers. Japanese made, and it shows: clean casting and machining marks( more pics of these later).

... so a little track increase is about to happen.
    Last edited by Too; 17-04-15 at 08:06 PM.
    Daily
    JB627
    2nd Car
    DECF28R
    Name
    mrlazy

Quote Originally Posted by Too View Post
    as far as a first step in modifying a car goes, a bushing upgrade is the most worth while.
    agreed
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

So this happened, thanks to Jesse Streeter:

Sadly the car is away at the moment as one of my mates is borrowing for a camping trip. So the seat install will have to wait till I get it back, most likely the weekend.
    Cant wait to get the BRIX in, most probably will put the wheel spacers in while i'm at it.
    Last edited by Too; 15-04-15 at 09:44 AM.
    Daily
    Imported JDM crown
    2nd Car
    Retro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by Noedel View Post
    Hmm I'm not a fan of those mirrors actually.

Grtz
    Yeah, same.

Really enjoying how the cars coming along.

No idea why I was banned for saying my asked for opinion, but I bet I can guess who the moderator that did that is.

Nice update btw.
    Daily
    ED6 CIVIC
    2nd Car
    is not a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance-X View Post
    Yeah, same.
    Really enjoying how the cars coming along.
    No idea why I was banned for saying my asked for opinion, but I bet I can guess who the moderator that did that is.
    Nice update btw.
    Were you banned from this thread? how does that happen??

Cheers for the support.

....and then this happened:

Part of me wants to put the old seat cover over it since it actually fits, plus the BRIX is actually a bit ratty looking in person. Since the car is parked on the street this might also prevent any unwanted attention.

An interesting point to be noted is:
    Stock ADM ED Civic GL seat w/ rail weighs 12.8kg
    BRIDE BRIX W/ bride rail weighs 19.1kg
    Last edited by Too; 16-04-15 at 09:51 PM.